Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:40:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to keep BTC if I don't want to keep in exchange?  (Read 1992 times)
Vikingkong

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:57:00 PM

That’s very dangerous for the investor. Keep money in a secure wallet. I cannot fall in this situation but I understand the feelings. Please search in Google and choose a safe wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
halpi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 03:18:59 PM

cold wallet my friend, if you dont have enough money for device - use a flashcard as Bitcoin wallet and keep it in a safe place.

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
BlackCat3

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:42:06 PM

I am very sorry for you. Put money in a wallet that is more secured. There are lots of wallet that you find in internet. Choose the best one.
Nightingale2

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:49:50 PM

You have to use more safe wallet like hardware wallet.i am using it and I think it is more secure than any other wallet
CandyCoconut

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:54:56 PM

If anyone not want to exchange their coin they can use hardware wallet. Because there are no risk of hack and other ambush on a hardware wallet. That's why hardware wallet will be a solution.
dasunlanka

Activity: 120
Merit: 23

Be cool

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 04:08:11 PM

Normally I will not keep my funds concentrated..Normally at few exchanges and few wallets, so these is a minimum risk for lost all of my funds at one time..
It is little bit confusing to keep in mind all the passwords and privet keys. but I feel more comfortable in this way

[ F - A - M - I - L - Y ] Coolest word in the world - Be happy with your Family
Brutea

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:09:56 PM

I used to keep my crypto coin and toekens on harware wallet but a few I keep on a online wallet named coinbase for exchange. And now I am feeling better with my BTC and other crypto.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:20:47 PM

I used to keep my crypto coin and toekens on harware wallet but a few I keep on a online wallet

This is real problem, keeping funds on hardware wallet is quite safe but not so easy to access like in simple online wallet.
Paper wallet is free and safest but also more pain in a** to use for day to day usage.
mohitsharma67

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:46:55 PM

Exchange is very risky for store your Bitcoin. You can use hardware wallet for store your Bitcoin. Also blockchain and coinbase wallet best for store your Bitcoin safely.
KissyPiggy

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:02:56 PM

That's mean that you want ot keep your BTC on a safe wallet you can use hardware wallet rather then use any online wallet. But therre are some online wallet too which will keep your BTC safe like coinbase.
StormHunter

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:27:14 PM

Using a better and sfe wallet be a better choise for you.You may go with Coinomi or Blockchain or search in google, play store apps is also available. But before doing it be more carefull about what u are doing.
IslandLady

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:32:24 PM

If you abiut hardware wallet, keep there.It is safest medium for you valuable bitcoin.It will be more helpfull for you is searching in google about best and safest wallet.
CuteSeal

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:34:54 PM

My suggestion to use a safe wallet for long time keeps.This will help you a lot.Most of the Bitcoin expart also said so, for holding money use Hardare wallet.
jefrystar

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:44:23 PM

Record Nano S is an equipment wallet from French beginning up. It resembles a USB drive which associates with any USB port. It doesn't have a battery and just begins up when connected to a PC (or cell phone). The Ledger doesn't accompany an enemy of altering sticker as its cryptographic technique checks for honesty of the instrument when fueled on.
icroatt

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:56:08 PM

Personally, I would recommend getting a Ledger Nano S, though I know a lot of people have also had success with the Trezor wallet as well. You can find the ledger wallet here: https://www.ledger.com/products/ledger-nano-s?r=d9d9293c72f3&tracker=MY_TRACKER
Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1944

This space is availlable for advertising

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:34:36 AM

I used to keep my crypto coin and toekens on harware wallet but a few I keep on a online wallet

This is real problem, keeping funds on hardware wallet is quite safe but not so easy to access like in simple online wallet.
Paper wallet is free and safest but also more pain in a** to use for day to day usage.

It should not be a pain in the a**, if you manage it correctly. I took some bitcoin and I split it into smaller chunks <0.1 BTC per wallet> and I transferred them to some paper wallets. When I need some bitcoin, I just sweep the private key into my desktop wallet and within a few minutes that bitcoin is available to use.

In my opinion that is the safest way to store bitcoins and you do not have to worry about exchanges getting hacked. <In some instances, this will not work, if you have large Sell orders pending.>  Roll Eyes

Signature space availlable -Just DM me if you need some advertising.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1048

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 05:47:10 AM

You can try hardware wallet. I am using it and see that it is really helpful and safe. Believe me

you'd not feel safe when you lose that hardware wallet of yours. if you are like me who goes places every now and then, you might want to store few at each exchange account you have and use the 2fa and google authentication as well. i do this because i usually withdraw some coins to encash while i only have a laptop and a mobile that i can access the exchanges. if one account is going to be hacked, they only get few. this isn't recommended but there isn't really any safe place to store coin even the hard wallet on your laptop.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Rosyanroid

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:08:17 AM

The most popular wallets nowadays are- Coinbase, ledger, Keepkey, Ledger Nano S Wallet, Uphold. So, you can use any of this wallet to keep your bitcoins as well as other crypto coins safely.
Catt95

Activity: 57

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:25:42 AM

So you can try to search in google: Hardware Wallet
I think this is a most security now, but you have to pay for it, is not expensive.
Hope it help you Smiley

How do they work?
Dessy Nurvianti

Activity: 113

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:37:34 AM

You must keep it separately. Don't keep your coin in exchanger except to transaction. Or you can try wallet like MEW (myetherwallet) and etc. But the exchanger or wallet is not always safe there is a virus like trojan spread in internet to steal your personal information or your coin. Or you can try hardware wallet but you say hardware can fail. Yeah indeed no system is safe. Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: