Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:42:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: xBot - Professional trading robot (DISCONTINUED)  (Read 4645 times)
poikkeus (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:17:24 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2015, 03:56:41 PM by poikkeus

DEMO version available with test-mode fully enabled!
xBot is a fully-automatized trading robot platform which supports BitStamp and BitFinex. I've developed and tested this since November, 2013. The bot is coded with Java so it works on Linux, Mac and Windows. No GUI.

Features
- Test-mode for back-testing and real-time testing
- 7 supported indicators: MACD, 2 EMAs cross, EMA & price cross, bid sum/ask sum ratio trend, thin asks/thin bids, SMA & price cross, VWAP & price cross
- Use custom time intervals like 4 min, 17 min or 63 min (anything higher than 1 min)
- Switch between configs on fly
- Create CSV files of your backtest runs for analyzing them in Excel by making charts of them etc.
- Works in command line/terminal so you can leave it on at dedicated linux server in a screen and check it with SSH with your android/meego/maemo phone or win/linux/mac pc
- Draw chart picture files of every indicator

How it works
All trades are made based on calculated risk points which may be positive or negative. Positive value is bullish and negative is bearish. The risk points are calculated by six different indicators (depending on their configuration). Risk points are then used to calculate your stake-% which means how much of your all money should be in BTC at the moment. Then the bot will sell or buy to reach the stake-% we want. If you are a programmer you can see from this code how it calculates the points: http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=07vXxrqq

The bot uses 100-365 days of history data for calculations. One calculation takes 5-100 milliseconds depending on your CPU speed and selected interval.

Configuring it takes a lot of time because the bot is not simple. You should back-test every config before putting it in real use.

At first run the bot will download a lot of history data. You need 150 MB of disk space for the extracted file. After the first time those files (.csv and .gz) can be deleted because the bot will store the data in it's own formats which are 15 MB only (own file for both real-time and offline usage).  First start will take 5-10 min.

I recommend a dedicated Linux server for real use so you can run it 24/7. If you need help with linux stuff, contact me.

Fore more defailed information see these files (included in the download too) or post a question  Smiley
- ReadMe.pdf
- Config_explanation.xlsx

Pricing:
- 1 month €10.00 EUR
- 3 months €25.00 EUR
- 6 months €50.00 EUR
- 1 year €95.00 EUR

One license should be used from one computer only. When license expires, bot will disable trading but stay on.
Payment methods: Bitcoin (BitStamp price, contact me) or PayPal (click here). I make all licenses manually so there will be 0-12 hour delay. I will send e-mail with adownload link for full version of the bot with personal license included for your selected time length.

Contact information:
In case of Java problems, you have something to ask or you want to purchase the license with BTC, contact me.
e-mail: goxbot.servicedesk(at)gmail.com
IRC: keus @ Freenode or IRCnet
BitcoinTalk: poikkeus

Download link
Demo version (real-trading disabled). Open ReadMe.pdf to get started. No API key needed for demo.

Need some tips with configuring? I'm here at this forum to answer all your questions  Smiley

I've set the best configuration I've found as the default configuration file. Below is an old chart of the results compared to Mt.Gox bitcoin price. It is a long-term config... It does a trade at every 7 day in average.

The bot can also generate a status html page for www-monitoring if you've set up a http-server.

Source code?
This bot is not open-source at the moment. There is a repository at BitBucket but it's private. I can give access to a trusted bitcointalk member to check it's legit if this is needed. If you are one, PM me.

Some other configs
-- coming soon
-- post your own!

poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:37:51 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 09:50:55 PM by poikkeus

Big update coming (not very soon though): auto-configuring mode (learning AI). I want to know how good it could be. Before that only little updates. I'm also gonna check   BitFinex API

All ideas are welcome.  Smiley
Camille

Activity: 26
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:06:29 AM

Hi,

I'm gonna test it seems very good with all indicators combined !

As for new uptades why not focusing in accepting all majors exchanges ?
It's not a very big work and it will make your bot more popular !
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:09:31 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 11:12:36 PM by poikkeus

Hi,

I'm gonna test it seems very good with all indicators combined !

As for new uptades why not focusing in accepting all majors exchanges ?
It's not a very big work and it will make your bot more popular !

Hey,

All exhanges aren't providing trading history through their API which is needed for this bot. Mt.gox provided full history but bitstamp and bitfinex gives only 1-4 hours back. I can get the rest of the needed trading history from bitcoincharts.com API. BTC-E doesn't provide trading history at all.  Undecided

So BitFinex support is coming.
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:38:39 PM

Version 1.512 released

- Now you can draw charts of order book and depth. See my charts here: http://btcharts.tk
- BitFinex support still in progress
CC23

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:28:43 PM

Has anyone been trying this out? I'm currently backtesting around a bit with the demo version - but with another bot I got burned quite a bit, so.. anyone using this apart from the creator and actually profiting?

I will answer your Geology questions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864879
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:14:58 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 12:08:48 PM by poikkeus

Now lower prices!
Version 1.514 released. Fixed little bugs with fee calculation in test mode. BitStamp uses doubles for their values... rofl.

Remember: you can always check for new version with this command:
Code:
checkupdates
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:55:24 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 12:08:00 AM by poikkeus

New version coming again!  Grin This version will draw chart of indicators' with configured interval so you can easily see "where its going at".
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:40:21 PM

I'm working on a java tradelib. Might be interesting for you.

https://github.com/ReAzem/cryptocoin-tradelib

OlliBrandt80

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:45:39 PM

Well! That's great and the prices are good ! I'm really interesting in testing it

Bitcoin rules!
kroleg

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 05:36:45 PM

Wow! That's what I really need!)) XBot - like the name of the bot  Wink
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:57:56 PM

Version 1.516 released:
- Now you can have charts of all indicators the bot is using with your configuration (see my charts here: http://www.btcharts.tk/)
- Default config is set to real-time test and charts will be saved to "status" folder
- New config parameter: "draw_charts"

I made a video of backtesting the bot. For the video I changed code to save over 100 000 chart pictures then joined them into one video. Looks cool.
http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/NaiyYtLaVkU?rel=0
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:40:36 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 12:46:58 PM by poikkeus

Version 1.519 released:
- Little bit faster backtesting (more optimization)
- "interval" and "delay" parameters are now in minutes
- new default config (more passive but even better results in backtests)
- clearer output for backtests
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:53:46 PM

Version 1.530 released:
- New command "vol x" for calculating volume of last x hours
- Volume chart
- VWAP indicator
- Little bit clearer output.. still some work do to with this one
- "avg. price" is now called SMA
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:27:53 AM

All feature requests are welcome! Also requests for different kind of help files.

What do you think about scripting? The configuration would have same stuff but you could change the code which calculates the risk points. Currently it looks like this with all indicators in use but the sciprting language would be simpler: http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=07vXxrqq
marcovaldo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:05:01 PM

I've been using this bot for one month. I bought it as goxbot and after mtgox went down he sent me xbot for bitstamp.

My own config is almost same than the default but ratio trend indicator is in more important role. Though it seems it's best to react to big movements like very long emas crossing - if we are only using these technical indocators.
Therefore the bot will be quite passive with good configuration... but it stays up all day and night. I made some profit with that drop from 670 to 620 (was sleeping) but since that it's been holding mostly.

Still waiting for bigger movement. It performed well in backtests.

All bots perform well in backtests, because it does not have any delay or bugs.
Anyway, it is useless to buy a bot.

If it is a good bot, noone will never sell it.
And if it is a bad bot, it is not a good idea to buy it.

BITEX
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                              ███     ███     ███
                            ███     ███     ███
                          ███     ███     ███
                        ███     ███     ███
                      ███     ███     ███
                    ███     ███     ███
                  ███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███

The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank
TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE

███     ███     ███
                ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
███     ███     ███
  ███     ███     ███
    ███     ███     ███
      ███     ███     ███
        ███     ███     ███
          ███     ███     ███
            ███     ███     ███
              ███     ███     ███
               ███     ███     ███
                 ███     ███     ███

WHITEPAPER | ANN
JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:41:10 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 03:51:13 PM by poikkeus

I've been using this bot for one month. I bought it as goxbot and after mtgox went down he sent me xbot for bitstamp.

My own config is almost same than the default but ratio trend indicator is in more important role. Though it seems it's best to react to big movements like very long emas crossing - if we are only using these technical indocators.
Therefore the bot will be quite passive with good configuration... but it stays up all day and night. I made some profit with that drop from 670 to 620 (was sleeping) but since that it's been holding mostly.

Still waiting for bigger movement. It performed well in backtests.

All bots perform well in backtests, because it does not have any delay or bugs.
Anyway, it is useless to buy a bot.

If it is a good bot, noone will never sell it.
And if it is a bad bot, it is not a good idea to buy it.

Hey, thanks for pointing out your doubts  Wink

The backtest works in same way than real-time trading but the bot is set into a simulation where all data it "sees" is history data and it goes trough it but I guess you talk about network bugs? The bot is quite well tested and I run it 24/7 with two different settings. One bot is only for making charts though (trading disabled): http://www.btcharts.tk/ If I find any bugs, I fix them immediately because I need the fix myself too and then I release an update. You can check updates with "checkupdates" command.

You said all bots perform well in backtests. Could you tell me atleast one which has made more profit than by holding bitcoins if we talk about 2013 for example? Chart like this is very usefull though I don't know if you can generate CSV file with other bots for doing charts with excel: http://www.btcharts.tk/xbot/chart7.png It shows your current account balance converted to usd compared to bitcoin price during the time period of the backtest.
Code:
USD_balance + BTC_balance * Last_price * (1 - fee)

Delay is never higher than API lag which is usually 1-3 seconds at BitStamp if your own connection isn't bad. The bot does it's calculations in 100-200 milliseconds with slow CPU and 1-10 ms with fast CPU. You can set "show_calculation_times" to "true" in config if you want to see calculation times.

Why wouldn't I sell a good bot? That makes no sense. I don't lose anything if others are using it too. All the money I've got from selling this bot has gone to my exchange wallet for bot-trading.  Smiley

I dont get people with such a negative attitude., you have bad experiences about bot? Why not try the real-time test Roll Eyes
Agent99

Activity: 147

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:41:32 PM

Well, nice to hear about such cool staff!
And that's great that previous bugs were solved.
poikkeus (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:50:59 PM

Version 1.541 released:
- "minute_skip" parameter for faster back-testing with a cost of accuracy
- more output in back-tests
- new data format for faster calculations (full history re-download is needed)
mobile4ever

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:15:58 AM

Thanks for another bot to make money with. Will there be a GUI soon?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: