Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:27:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Money Matters  (Read 3075 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:36:36 PM

Isn't it interesting that those who pontificate that "Money is not everything" usually have money?

Money can't buy happiness or love, as one will argue.
It can "buy" you a peace of mind which is probably one of the most important aspects in life, at least for me. Not having to worry about money during situations without income is what we all aim to achieve.

You can either keep struggling your entire life with a mediocre salary that just gets the bills paid, or you try to put all your effort into becoming financially independent. People's mistake is that they settle for the first option.

With that first option it's difficult to be happy because you always think about what if this or that happens and I no longer have an income. It's horrible and stresses people out more and more every day, especially in current times.

That being said, we'll always suffer from something, regardless of how poor or rich you are. I am of believe that suffering while being financially independent is better than suffering with a mediocre salary.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:58:23 PM

Isn't it interesting that those who pontificate that "Money is not everything" usually have money?

Be broke for a few weeks unable to pay your bills, pay rent and afford basic necessities, and then let's see if you'd still hold the same position about money.

Let us be sincere and stop fooling around; MONEY IS SOMETHING! A very huge something!! At least in this present world. Might not be a big deal in another world. But in this world? Save me the sermon.

Without money in this world, rarely does anything get done. In fact, many things suffer needlessly without money. Even the Bible is flat-out frank enough to recognize the fact that money answers all things in the context of this present world. It doesn't say money is "the answer to all things" but it answers all things.

So please, before you sermonize me that money is not everything or that money is no big deal, credit my blockchain address with one thousand units of Bitcoin and forget about it. Then I'd believe you. In fact, I'd sing it along with you...money ain't nothing!
Obviously money matters. People do literally anything for it. Whilst I don't like to believe Money should matter for all scenarios, it does and I can't do shit about it. Money has only brought in a fucked up mindset,made things worse everywhere possible ;and has caused more and more division.

You don't understand the saying "money is not everything" very well. Your arguments are fine, but has no contrast with the saying.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:00:03 AM

Money can't buy happiness or love, as one will argue.
It can "buy" you a peace of mind which is probably one of the most important aspects in life, at least for me. Not having to worry about money during situations without income is what we all aim to achieve.

You can either keep struggling your entire life with a mediocre salary that just gets the bills paid, or you try to put all your effort into becoming financially independent. People's mistake is that they settle for the first option.

With that first option it's difficult to be happy because you always think about what if this or that happens and I no longer have an income. It's horrible and stresses people out more and more every day, especially in current times.

That being said, we'll always suffer from something, regardless of how poor or rich you are. I am of believe that suffering while being financially independent is better than suffering with a mediocre salary.

Yup, time has changed and there is more importance to the money rather than people and emotions in this world. I mean money is the only thing for which people are working day and night and believe me this is truth , the bitter one and is true in all senses.

Many people think that it is not, but they should look after the real world and jump in to see how money plays important roles in the world.
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:16:25 AM

Be broke for a few weeks unable to pay your bills, pay rent and afford basic necessities, and then let's see if you'd still hold the same position about money.

Let us be sincere and stop fooling around; MONEY IS SOMETHING! A very huge something!! At least in this present world. Might not be a big deal in another world. But in this world? Save me the sermon.

Without money in this world, rarely does anything get done. In fact, many things suffer needlessly without money. Even the Bible is flat-out frank enough to recognize the fact that money answers all things in the context of this present world. It doesn't say money is "the answer to all things" but it answers all things.

So please, before you sermonize me that money is not everything or that money is no big deal, credit my blockchain address with one thousand units of Bitcoin and forget about it. Then I'd believe you. In fact, I'd sing it along with you...money ain't nothing!
I recognize that money is a very important thing. But we should not be doing illegal things for money. We should only earn enough to pay the cost and have a good life, we should not be too greedy. Because money will not follow us when we die. So do not overdo it, use the currency wisely so that they become meaningful.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
ganjasmokingg

Activity: 255

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:00:14 AM

With the poor people, money can do so much more than money can bring happiness to you. For example, if you want to follow passion, you must have the money to buy the tools to help you do so can not say that money is nothing, it really has a place in this important life.
Blackamoh

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:05:46 AM

that's one of the reasons I was involved in the crypto world. money problems and bad economy
Bumblecoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:14:45 AM

Money is the reason why we are here. Money is essential for our survival in this material world. Whether we accept it or not, but most of the time we are greedy when it comes to money. It is just normal since it will be so hard gor us to deal this world without it.
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:30:40 AM

It is impossible to live without money if you live in a society where everything depends on money.

It is practically impossible in today's capitalistic society, but money isn't actually essential and there are other ways to function without it, but money is the best system we currently have.

We need to pay for everything what is necessary for life and that include food, water, electric energy, health care and many other things. If you have no money to pay for all that you will have terribly hard life probably on the street. Only way that the money does not play a major role in our life is to try move out from civilization and live life by the nature and from the nature.

In the society we live today this is true (and is probably the most ideal way), but what did people do before money existed? We used a bartering or trade system. For instance, you have a cow and you exchange it with someone else for six months worth of corn or something. Or an electrician would re-wire your house if you did all the painting and decorating in theirs. A granny might swap you a sweater she knitted in exchange for your beef jerky you made and so on and so forth. That's how it worked in the old days but it wasn't an ideal system but it worked well enough for the time so like it or not 'money' is probably the best thing we have right now..

But even in such case money can not be completely expelled from the equation of life, humans are just create such a society in which we depend on money. Problem is that some let's say 5% of human population hold 90% of world wealth, they have so much money that at one point it becomes a trivial thing for them.

Obviously greed and materialism is a huge issue but that's never going to change and greed is as old as mankind itself. I think as a society we should be better educated about the sickness that is greed and materialism. Do we really need flashy cars and super expensive clothes? Not at all. Look at the root cause of why people actually want to spend $250 on some Gucci flip flops or $250k on a Lamborghini. I know why people do, though: insecurity. Buying such things as designer clothing and Lambo's is called conspicuous consumption and is done so as a status symbols to show how 'wealthy' you are to others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspicuous_consumption
shelemiah31

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:01:11 PM

Yes.I agree.Money is important because we use it to buy something in order for us to survive.Money matters that is why people always strive to get some money even by doing it wrongfully.Money matters but it can not buy love and happiness.
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:11:43 PM

money is very important to meet one's current needs. everything is bought with money. although farmers can grow fruit, vegetables, or rice that can be eaten, but to keep them growing, they also need money . money is very important for anyone.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:18:21 PM

Yes money matters a lot because thats what I feel everyday. I mean from the time I step outside my apartment then I have to pay for my taxi, then have to cash the tube train and then go grab the coffee, work the whole day, go for lunch in between and even snacks and then return back to house. Again take my family outside and tell you what, every bit of this action will take money to complete it. This is what happens all the time. You need money in your life all the time and thats why it is important. So yes mate, money matters a lot.  Cheesy
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:41:19 PM

Money is always everything in comes to this world since without money how can you survive? Many people say that money is the root of all evil? But how come they strive to get that?
Jemroe01

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:53:25 PM

A lot of people hold the belief that life is not all about making money. Yes, but surely no one will ever survive especially those trying times without money as their priority goal in life. Money matters just like how love, friends, family are. Money has the value in order for people to seek and survive. Money isn't just a coin, a paper or anything else, because money itself is the reason for every individuals to cope up to this changing life.
Dimon8

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:12:07 PM

All people are different and all have different perceptions of things in particular money. For some, money is an idol or a god, and for someone it's dirt.
nealdlover

Activity: 345

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:24:28 PM

I always thought that money can not buy happiness but when I grow up I really understand that without money you will not be happy. If you can not afford to pay for your daily activities, you will not be able to get a full life, so money is a very important place in your life.
cryptolandlords

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:31:33 PM

-
I'd sing it along with you...money ain't nothing!
Steve Jobs' last words;

“I  reached the pinnacle of success in the business world. In others’ eyes, my life is an epitome of success.

However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, wealth is only a fact of life that I am accustomed to.

At this moment, lying on the sick bed and recalling my whole life, I realize that all the recognition and wealth that I took so much pride in, have paled and become meaningless in the face of impending death.

In the darkness, I look at the green lights from the life supporting machines and hear the humming mechanical sounds, I can feel the breath of god of death drawing closer …

Now I know, when we have accumulated sufficient wealth to last our lifetime, we should pursue other matters that are unrelated to wealth

Blah..Blah..Blah"

Bad news, it was just a hoax. But only them who acquired the most have the ability to say it!
Source

Only the poor will understand this song.

"If I hadn't seen such riches
I could live with being poor"

Sit Down by James.

Money answers all things, Being rich does not means we will not die neither being poor will lead to immutability. Be rich and leave a healthy life style and still have respect and regard to everyone that comes your way.
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:39:47 PM

I absolutely agreed to all of the statements. Those who says that money is not everything are those who don't experience struggles related with money. Financial problem is the most common problem in here and that's where the quatation money ain't nothing. We should understand that for some it might be something nonsense but for most it is the key for them to live in this world.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Ronyx

Activity: 525

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:41:56 PM

Money can be said to be everything because money can be used to make it easier for everything we need in life. I think everyone who thinks logically will consider money important.

hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2144

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:51:21 PM

There's no fallacy here, usually those people don't say that money is nothing, they understand that it's very hard to be poor, what they are actually saying is that not everything in this world is about money, there are things that can not be bought with them. Sometimes money can even be a burden because some people will want to be around only because of your money (another reason why privacy is important). There are many poor people who are actually happier than some of the rich, that's the point of the phrase "money is not everything".

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:52:20 PM

Its not justs money is something because for me money is everything,theres nothing inhis world that don’t required money,even a glass of water to drink needs money,and even air like oxygen needs money to have so money makes people lives and make the world goes round,but ofcourse with the grace and blessings of God above that let us have this all
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: