Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:05:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My profitability on GPUs  (Read 1334 times)
Pharaonion (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:05:59 PM

My friend is still making $2 a day on each card but he has really low electricity prices.  If you don't have cheap electricity you should sell all your gear and just buy the coins.

Hi,

Which price is low for your friend?
My price is $0,14

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pharaonion (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:25:20 PM

- Profitability = electricity costs already subtracted?
- "BTC/Day" - What are you mining?
- What are you paying per kWh?

09/20/2018

8*1080ti;
gained BTC 0,00105590 per last day ($$6.75-7);
I stopped mining RVN last 2 days. Using autominer;
Electricity costs $0.14 / kWh.

well...

$$6.75-7 - around $5 (electricity per day)

profit is up to $2 per day / rig
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:01:38 PM

- Profitability = electricity costs already subtracted?
- "BTC/Day" - What are you mining?
- What are you paying per kWh?

09/20/2018

8*1080ti;
gained BTC 0,00105590 per last day ($$6.75-7);
I stopped mining RVN last 2 days. Using autominer;
Electricity costs $0.14 / kWh.

well...

$$6.75-7 - around $5 (electricity per day)

profit is up to $2 per day / rig

What do you mine today with those ti's?

at least you have a 2 bucks per day

a 2$ may get doubled in just holding depends on what coins you are mining

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2842
Merit: 768

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:25:50 PM

My current profitability on

1070 0.00008 BTC/day
1080ti 0.00013 BTC/day
Those are small values on my view even having a cheap electricity then this wont really be what worthy or feasible unless if youve done this for the sake of hobby then it wont really be that bad.

a 2$ may get doubled in just holding depends on what coins you are mining
Good option but since he didnt tell on what he do mine.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
markiz73

Activity: 1190
Merit: 641

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:42:53 PM

Profit is when you keep money in your wallet or bank account.
Profit you will receive when you sell the crypto currency.
As a result, someone will earn a few dollars a day from the card, and someone will earn a some tens of cents a day from the card Grin
This is a very important point. Now you can make a profit from the card 0.00008 BTC / day, and in six months it can increase by 10 or more times.
Therefore, it is necessary to distinguish intelligently the virtual profit from real Smiley
vuli1

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 03:59:09 PM

be patient. There is no need in selling your mined coins right away. Keep them and you might be happy after some time.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
minerja

Activity: 1248

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:30:01 AM

I make around $5 per day with 30 GPU... after power bills... Gonna take a 10 years to ROI the hardware, if this continues  Tongue

;( I'm making more than that with 1 R1700 (no kidding)
J
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 12:15:00 PM

I make around $5 per day with 30 GPU... after power bills... Gonna take a 10 years to ROI the hardware, if this continues  Tongue

J
wow , it's unbelievable result ! Can you tell what coin you mine ? It's definitely not a Monero , or any other popular coin on cryptonight algo , because their profitability is only around 0.3$ daily per single r1700 cpu .
minerja

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:01:50 PM

J
wow , it's unbelievable result ! Can you tell what coin you mine ? It's definitely not a Monero , or any other popular coin on cryptonight algo , because their profitability is only around 0.3$ daily per single r1700 cpu .

Unfortunately, you know I cant do that, or my earnings will plummet to nothing.
Today is lowest day so far....8 hours and only 30,0000 sats so far...so will struggle to do 90,000 sats today i think.

The only advice i can give anyone, is stop looking solely on here....
Just 1 simple look at my "Show unread posts since last visit. ", and i can see topics that have had 6000 replies, and 30,000 views....
What that tells me is that if anyone suggest any coin on here, within 24hours it will be stuffed....

My thoughts would be, go find quiter exchanges, not Cryptopia, bittrex, yobit, etc, but really small obscure ones....go find a coin, lowish diff, lowish connections, probably very low value, and find the wallet.
Thats the hard bit most times, find the wallet and get it synced...somethimes that stage can take weeks, sometimes even with the wallet, you just cant get it synced....
but, if you do, then try mining it...very gently, MUST not break the chain ( Yes that means all u guys with 1080 rigs....NO), start with cpu miner, or very first ANN recommeded miner....get aconnection, then get some shares, and hopefully get a block.
Only then can u start to increase core count, or move to gpu, or even multi gpu....but keep a check on "getmininginfo"
Watch your hashrate compared to nethash, you only need to be around 40% of nethash in general to win vast majority of blocks...even 10% will get you good rewards....BUT the mistake i seen is people hit it with 6/8 1080tis, will every block, and keep winning, but they of course the blocks slow down, and eventually then hit the correct block time....thats when they realise that the are not making enuff money to cover their costs....so they mine another 24hrs and cut their loses....
Now they have inadvertently stuffed the chain, so say it was scrypt @ 250kh/s...then hit it with a rig, or worse a L3, so hash jumps to 500mh/s, so thats a 2000 times increase, so diff shoots up respectively...

Now if its an old ish coin, they all ramp up correctly, but generally dont come back down correctly, sometimes they dont come bach down at all...so how an L3 guy gets 1 block every "blockrate", and guys with even 8 1080tis will struggle to get a block a day. and as for cpu miner...well he is screwed forever....

So, do loads of research, try btcpop, or freiexchange (just examples, not recommendations), see if they have any slow moving coins....
Also, without giving away too many secrets, don't rely soley on coinmarketcap...the data is very good, but same problem, everyone uses it. Dig deep, there are lots of other places that have info too....

I think the "over mining tips" is key thou, mine every block, and first, anyone coming along can see, that all they have to do is beat that hash, and then they took, get every block (and there's always a much bigger miner), second, if you are using SO much hash to gaurantee yuo win every block, well then why would any one want to trade that coin....Huh

So, have fun, do loads of research, find a little corner, and spread the word slowly....( u need a market, after all )
Failing that just use NH and mine the sh*t out of Etherium like everyone else Smiley

J

Comino

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

No noise. No hustle. Quiet as whisper. Comino.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 08:30:44 AM

The rates are changing daily and the amount you are mining in a monetaryt value will change. You can’t judge it by your daily situation, since it is a long term investment.
Some altcoin algorithms might be better though.
Also, winter season is coming and your rigs will be heating up your space, saving some costs.

**COMINO** 
WORLD'S FIRST LIQUID COOLED GPU MINER
200 MH/s * 30dB(A) ASUS, Noctua, Chieftech, HardwareLabs
minerja

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:47:43 AM

The rates are changing daily and the amount you are mining in a monetaryt value will change. You can’t judge it by your daily situation, since it is a long term investment.
Some altcoin algorithms might be better though.
Also, winter season is coming and your rigs will be heating up your space, saving some costs.

hmmmm, well 100,000 sats a day is, well a 100,000 sats a day.
Yesterday was low for some reason, 85,500 sats
So far today, down again, but i am mining 2 other coins on same single cpu....

Think you can do better with 1 Ryzen cpu, please let me know Smiley
In fact i'm sure everyone would love to know.
J

Also not a long term anything, i am cashing in every 24 hours....

nostrings

Activity: 116
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:33:58 PM

My miner friend is still making $4 a day on each card but he mines new coins that are under the radar, if your mining the well known coins you will barely make any profit.
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:56:10 PM

1080ti's on eth with eth pill earn about 2.50 used about 550 power which is 13kwatts a day at 14 cents = 2.10

so today

40 cents

eth has crashed to  218 usd

my vegas are better

4 of them earn 4 dollars on xmr

they burn 840 watts or 20 kwatts at 14 cents =  2.80

so

1.20 profit

the good side is winter is coming my power will drop to 10 cents and xmr is forking again maybe it will jump in price.

Basically the profits are horrible if you mine and sell right away.

Might as well hold the ETH and hope for a recovery soon.

I regret selling my BTCs mined during 2015 for like $200 USD. Made like 0.03BTC per day or so. And pretty
Much sold most of it.

Back then it wasn't profitable either, it was only profitable if you've held on to it.

agreed I am mining and holding .

I reduced power bill by mining less so I can afford to pay power out of pocket.

so if I mine 1200 usd in coins and pay 1000 in power I can pay power out of pocket for a long time. Years if need be.

I have solar panels, but still have shut my rigs down for now and have started selling some gear (Vegas and 1070s). I'm keeping all my 470s for now, they're old and not worth much any longer.

Seems like a better idea to sell part of my cards that can still sell for decent prices and buying crypto with it (already purchased bout 2 ETH so far).

I'm a die hard mining fan, but at some point, making 2-3$ a day just doesn't make sense. Some of you will say it's still a profit, but that's just way to close to being in the red. If what I mine takes another dump, whatever profit I made until now will be instantly wiped out.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:15:52 AM

I mine 0.1 BTC/day.
Electric costs are about 0.12 BTC/day.

At this rate you may as well shut your rigs off, sell them, and start buying 0.12 BTC per day and make more over the long run.  Doesn't make sense to spend more than you are earning.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: