Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:56:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Best/Top Crypto Exchanges: Fees & more  (Read 501 times)
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16547

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 09:44:07 PM

After all that I've read about HitBTC, it's not on my list of trusted exchanges. I've used it, it worked fine, but I don't trust them with deposits.

There's a small one that I really like:
BL3P. It's only used for EUR-BTC trading, aiming at EU-users, and is currently invite only. They responded very fast when I contacted support, and that's the reason they don't want to grow faster than they can handle.
I switched to this one instead of Kraken because of Kraken's terrible performance (whenever there was action on the market, Kraken went down), and it has much higher withdrawal limits.

Where's Poloniex in your list? I've recently opened an account for my altcoin experiment, they've had their problems in the past, but as far as I know they have quite a lot of users.

Criteria for selection
  • low fees for trading/depositing/withdrawing
Are there even exchanges that ask for less than 0.5 mBTC nowadays? That's about 100 times more than needed, and at least 10 times more than needed to have a fast transaction most of the time.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:11:10 AM

I was expecting more interest in this thread to be honest.  Sad

What exchanges are you guys using and what was your criteria when selecting them?
Personally for me, I am using Binance, Bittrex and Kucoin at the moment. Certainly my first criterion is good security, they all have that, and most of the time, and the security of your account is usually dependent on you as an individual. Secondly, the trading volume and fees is one thing I really do not joke with and that has made binance and Kucoin my main exchanges that I used.

For some reasons, I guess the only reason I still do some trade on bittrex is the loyalty, but the fee after the feel of binance and Kucoin, can be pretty frustrating for 0.25% and I really wish that can be changed but all the same, it is also a very good and reliable exchange.
vlad230 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:10:22 PM

There's a small one that I really like: BL3P. It's only used for EUR-BTC trading, aiming at EU-users, and is currently invite only. They responded very fast when I contacted support, and that's the reason they don't want to grow faster than they can handle.
Any chance I could get an invite to that? I'm also trading with EUROs.

Where's Poloniex in your list? I've recently opened an account for my altcoin experiment, they've had their problems in the past, but as far as I know they have quite a lot of users.
Yeah, would need to look into that as well. I think I have an account there but haven't really used it to be able to include it here.

Are there even exchanges that ask for less than 0.5 mBTC nowadays? That's about 100 times more than needed, and at least 10 times more than needed to have a fast transaction most of the time.
As far as I know, all the serious exchanges charge that or more.

Personally for me, I am using Binance, Bittrex and Kucoin at the moment. Certainly my first criterion is good security, they all have that, and most of the time, and the security of your account is usually dependent on you as an individual. Secondly, the trading volume and fees is one thing I really do not joke with and that has made binance and Kucoin my main exchanges that I used.
I see a lot of people also use Kucoin, I think I need to look into it too.
slocker

Activity: 490
Merit: 134

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:11:18 AM

Very interesting list and help full with basic information, everything that is needed for the picking the right exchange. One thing, from my personal experience, cuz I use cex and they have all this as well. Everything is good with them with good support and good response time. Also have good security which is constantly updated. Maybe if you consider this as option we can suggest some other exchange for this list on global level or just EU based exchange, cuz they are stationed in London. This is just suggestion off course.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:55:03 AM

Binance all the way!  My second  exchange I started trading on is Binance and ever since then,  I have come to enjoy it. To me, it has always have an easy interface and navigation making trading easy. I first started trading with Bittrex but the issue of incompetent support unit made me migrate to binance and I have not regretted doing so.
The important thing about exchanges in bitcoin is the trust they make as well, just the fee is not enough. Binance has been a great website for us because it has low fee's , it creates its own token for lower fee as well, they have been providing more and more coins as well and just listen to their users for which coins to add next and they also have been getting attacked by everyone and yet they have not crumbled so far which means they are trustworthy. There were many times where binance was attacked and they have done amazing defensive precautions to keep their customers safe and sound. I love binance so much.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:32:25 PM

I did some research on the best/top exchanges I can use for crypto currency trading and decided to do a post about it. In the hopes others will benefit from my research and will make choosing the right exchange for you more easily. I will update the list with more exchanges later on.

I hope that this will become a good guide/resource for people to use and will not be buried by spam.

Criteria for selection
I have been following some criteria in my selection process like:
  • large volumes traded everyday
  • low fees for trading/depositing/withdrawing
  • enhanced security
  • large variety of coins traded
  • FIAT trading & SEPA transfers enabled
  • easy registration process
  • straight forward trading - easy to use
  • option to trade with FIAT
  • multiple trading functions

It may not be enough to use a single exchange for you, you may end up using multiple exchanges in order get your funds from FIAT to crypto and back to your bank account. I am currently using Binance for trading and Bitstamp for getting money in/out to FIAT and avoiding a bank blocade.

Based on these factors, I have come up with my own top of exchanges. Check them out:

1. Binance.com
This is the all time winner when it comes to trading volumes. It has more than $1 billion worth of coins traded everyday.
It has an easy enough sign-up process, you can increase your account limits by providing the details needed and the staff is prompt.

2. Bitfinex.com
They are close behind Binance, with a trading volume of $0.5 billion worth of coins traded everyday. Similar process of account limit lifting as Binance but it can take up to 8 weeks to get fully authorised by the staff. They have the most complex trading platform in this top, ideal for expert traders.

3. HitBtc.com
They have an insane amount of trading pairs. I don't know of any other exchange to offer as many trading pairs as HitBtc. They also have decent volumes too.

4. Bittrex.com
They were not accepting new registrations in the past but recently they opened up the registration process again. Volumes are not as high as the previous exchanges in this top but they still are decent.

5. Kraken.com
For a long time this was considered to be the best exchange for the EU zone, supporting fast & extremely low fees SEPA transfers.
Their trade volumes look decent too.

6. Bitstamp.com
Another EU based exchange, higher fees but their service is decent and fit for casual traders.
They also work with a lot of banks and "beyond banking" providers with no restrictions, as opposed to Kraken which has started to refuse some.

Exchange details
Rank # |Exchange |Trading fees1 |Deposit fees |Withdrawal fees |Security Rank2 |# Trading Pairs |FIAT trading |Trading functions3
#1BinanceM/T 0.1%FreeVariable#1380NoM,L,SL
#2BitfinexM 0.1/T 0.2%VariableVariable#182YesM,L,S,SL,TS
#3HitBtcM 0/T 0.1%0.0006 BTCVariable#1779NoM,L,SC
#4BittrexM/T 0.25%FreeVariable#2294YesM,L,SC
#5KrakenM 0.16%/T 0.26%FIAT/CryptoFIAT/Crypto#156Yes & SEPAM,L,S
#6BitstampM/T 0.25%VariableVariable#214Yes & SEPAM,L,S

Notes
1 Trading fees: Usually every exchange charges a percentage to the maker (user who submits a trade) and a percentage to the taker (user who accepts a trade made by the maker). Some exchanges charge a fee for deposits but the majority are free, majority of exchanges charge withdrawal fees.
2 Security Rank: Exchanges use a variety of ways to make sure the user's account is harder to hack. This includes e-mail, phone, 2FA,  IP address & user agent verifications, ID verifications (for lifting limits).
3 Trading functions: Exchanges support various forms of trading functions like: market (M), limit (L), stop (S), stop limit (SL), trailing stop (TS), scaled (SC).

Disclaimer
1. Since some criteria are more important for some people and some are not, this top may not suit everyone. Please take this into consideration.
2. Feel free to suggest other exchanges that you're using and may be equivalent to these or even better.
3. Listed fees are the most expensive ones for the lowest trading amounts, up to 1 BTC, for larger values there may be discounts in place.

I like your post, even I'm not expert in trading/ investment, your information very helpful. To exchange my asset into currency I need exchange services but sometimes I get confuse which one I should take? Now I don't need to afraid exchange my asset because your information. Thank you so much.

vlad230 (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:26:04 AM

I like your post, even I'm not expert in trading/ investment, your information very helpful. To exchange my asset into currency I need exchange services but sometimes I get confuse which one I should take? Now I don't need to afraid exchange my asset because your information. Thank you so much.
Glad to see people are still finding it useful Smiley I will update this soon with more exchanges but for the time being, this guide should be sufficient for anyone who is looking to trade crypto currency.

Which exchanges have you decided to use?

P.S. There's no need to quote the whole OP, you can trim it to what you want to discuss from it.
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:55:14 PM

Don't use Bitstamp.  They are currently not performing USD fiat withdrawals. My guess is some kind of money crunch or theft that they refuse to publicize. There are people that have been waiting over 2 months for their funds to be moved out of Bitstamp. There are people looking to spearhead a class action lawsuit against them.
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:17:18 AM

I used Bittrex and HitBTC since 2015 and both exchange is very good exchange, both exchange never get any issue of hack and has good reputation. And for now i used Binance as well because alot of good altcoin tradeable there. All these exchange also provide feature of stop limit that i need it for stop loss that important to use and apart of risk management.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
slocker

Activity: 490
Merit: 134

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 10:19:16 AM

Don't use Bitstamp.  They are currently not performing USD fiat withdrawals. My guess is some kind of money crunch or theft that they refuse to publicize. There are people that have been waiting over 2 months for their funds to be moved out of Bitstamp. There are people looking to spearhead a class action lawsuit against them.

USD withdrawal is problem on all exchanges but not that serious, some manage to clear this problem. Me personally go for euro cuz im from Europe and its instant payment to my card.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: