Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:58:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your greatest trading regret?  (Read 3064 times)
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:21:00 AM

I sold good and stable coins and bought a new coin to trade but my technique was big failed. I thought by that new coins I can earn some money within two or three days and after then I will buy again that stable coins! I lost my capital! That's why this is my greatest regrets in trade!
Why is that you think you can easily gain in just three days? Do you day trade or you fear of being left out by the hype and think that the hype will gradually continue? It's awful, really.

We must admit sometimes we think that it's more wise to sell our coins and change our strategy but it turned out the other way around though our intuition tells us the either way. It seems that you tempted to more gains but this just lead you to more losses, having excessive desire for more is always impractical.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 10:33:55 AM

My greatest trading regret I invested a shitty coin even bitcoin was going increase the coin that I invested was not increasing, the price was decreased instead.

Iykecollynz

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:54:48 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2018, 12:57:37 PM by Iykecollynz

Having sold my coins at almost 20% loss and eventually see them pump over again the next day, Very painful, I would have been patient but again, the emotions was high, but my worst experience have been to have held some quantity of hydro from around $200 and it pumped to over $3000 in a matter of days only for me to wake up the next day and see it dropped to more than half and eventually died further before I sold for around $600
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:07:36 PM

My greatest regret so far has been the purchase of bitgrail/nano.
I feel bad for all those who invested in bitgrail/raiblocks/nano shitcoin. It was pumped by these faucet owners and bottomfeeding faucet hunters and then it has been going down with the bearish trend back to what price it actually should have been. What I can suggest you is to wait for a bull run when you should be able to sell at decent price and thus cut some of your loss.

my greatest regret is about the same coin XRB or NANO,
but instead of purchasing, my mistake was "not selling it" back in January Lips sealed
I should've sold them in January when NANO was ~0.002+ BTC and BTC was ~$15,000+
I earned a few hundreds through distribution period of typing captcha (faucet),
so I haven't lost much just missed the great opportunity to make a very good profit Tongue

Viscore

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:13:54 PM

I invested into some coins this January and my hope was cryptcoins are going to increase in price this year but the reverse is the case. 
I can still remember some coins that I bought around $24 and $25 dollars in January and I am still holding them. Currently those coins are less than 2 dollars respectly. I doubt if I will be able to be patient until price get back to were I bought them and I do seriously regret bought those coins at the wrong time.
We felt disappointed and bring our self down especially when we saw how big we lost from a certain coin. I know you're not the only one having this feelings and I think all crypto members are currently losing rather than of earning profits. Patience is the only key for you to cover up such losses and probably might get too long for that to have it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 12:27:41 PM

Too much holding is my biggest regeet in trading. Before, I keep holding after buying at dip, I dont have target for short. i really regret my decision before, but now I am well trader.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
painting_money

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:39:51 PM

My biggest regret is that I invested in ETH in May when ETH was priced over $ 720. If I do not invest at that time and invest in the present, then I will buy more ETH.
ChaChaiTL

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:52:51 PM

I regret that I did not come to the pre-digital market sooner, I also regret that I did not invest in bitcoins earlier than before before 2017 so I have had more profit. it my greatest trading regret
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:11:26 PM

I think my greatest regret is moving around 0.3 BTC into NEO when it was at about $150, of course now it has dropped worse than pretty much any other cryptocurrency in the top 50. Currently sitting at under $20. Oh well, I certainly wont be making mistakes like this in future, some lessons are hard to learn but worth learning nonetheless.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:12:47 PM

I invested into some coins this January and my hope was cryptcoins are going to increase in price this year but the reverse is the case. 
I can still remember some coins that I bought around $24 and $25 dollars in January and I am still holding them. Currently those coins are less than 2 dollars respectly. I doubt if I will be able to be patient until price get back to were I bought them and I do seriously regret bought those coins at the wrong time.

I also have experience regarding to invest in wrong cryptocurrencies. I regret not to buying the cheap coins/tokens and later not selling it on expensive price. I doubt newbies will learn the lesson from this bear market which caused huge gap between high and low points of respectful cryptos.
IciCestMathers

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:24:09 PM

My greatest trading regret so far, would be selling an altcoin WAB quickly and didn't wait for a week more, In which I could have sold the tokens for more than twice the price for which I sold it.
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:39:28 PM

I have had so many regrets, too many to mention. My main regret being not selling a particular token at its ATH and now the price has dropped so low  that it is almost worthless. Another being selling Bitquence right after listing, weeks later it skyrocketed to an amazing height.
pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:36:51 PM

Now many are in the same situation. I think that you need to understand well what is in your portfolio.

If these are good and promising coins, especially from the top 30, then I think that sooner or later they will recover in value.

If you have coins of doubtful projects, then the situation will be worse. There is a possibility that they will not survive in this bear market.

I also have some doubtful coins (but I bought them until December 2017), but now I don't see any reason to sell them, since the money received from the sale doesn't play a special role in my life.
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:01:04 PM

My regret would be same with yours. I got baited with those pump bot and I missed the train when the price were going up for like 500% and I sold my coin not in the right timing, I only got 150% from my initial investment and if I hold it, I would have had better reward.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Bennix
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 07:06:51 PM

My greatest trading regret is buying nobs token at 11sat and not selling at 10sat.Now,it is at 7sat,and it might even dip more.
Had it be i sold at 10 sat,i would have bought  cheap top coins that have liquidity and as well traded on many exchange.
I also bought tokens that have no real use case of which anytime btc move sideways instead of the token going up,it keeps on dipping.
I also regretted buying expensive coins with small amount of btc when i started trading newly,of which after withdrawing it, i had almost nothing left.
Had it be i bought cheap altcoins,i would have had more tokens in my external wallet after withdrawing .

dillonplayadoe

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:16:13 PM

My biggest regret is not following my trading plan.  Ever.  I am the greatest coin picker and planner in the world.  My trading plans win 80% of the time.  The problem.  I never stick with the thing and end up loosing more than winning.  I get way to emotional and try to hit the home run instead of the single.  It's like a disease. 

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:51:16 PM

My greatest trading regret I invested a shitty coin even bitcoin was going increase the coin that I invested was not increasing, the price was decreased instead.

Shitcoins wil be shitcoins and no matter what the hype around it, sooner or later it will die down together with it investors because they are now trap and didn't exit on time.

My regret would be same with yours. I got baited with those pump bot and I missed the train when the price were going up for like 500% and I sold my coin not in the right timing, I only got 150% from my initial investment and if I hold it, I would have had better reward.

Wow, such a big lost on your part. I also have the same regrets, ETH, I still hold majority of my stash and didn't sell during its all-time-high. So now all I can do is hold and wait for the right time to sell it. I'm not losing hope on ETH because first, its the second best coins and second, there will be still be ICO's that will used ETH as mode of invested. So I going to hold for at least 2 years and see how everything turns out in 2020.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:04:07 PM

You should be thankful you at least got some profit from the investment. Usually people get out from a trade as a result of not having a good strategy and the same way they get into a market without a good strategy. That makes it very hard to make decisions without having to deal with emotions.

However, for a 150% gain, I must say it is not bad. One thing I know with market is there will always be a retrace and an opportunity to buy back later on.
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:03:06 AM

You buy at a price that is still very high, but you should still be patient and it would be nice if you buy the coin back when cheap prices like this.
tanzaholzmann

Activity: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:54:13 AM

do not be sad, let's think positively, because there are still many people outside with greater losses and still think positively that the coin price can recover.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: