Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:06:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Myning Node - standalone advanced multi-mining "distro"  (Read 238 times)
MyningNode (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:23:44 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2018, 12:36:23 AM by MyningNode

What is Myning Node?

Myning Node is a lean, mean multi-algo, multi-pool firmware for your GPU rig.
  • Stand-alone multi-miner firmware ("mining distro") for dedicated rigs.
  • Installs and runs off a USB stick.
  • Modern web interface for configuration and monitoring.
  • Includes a selection of GPU miners, such as suprminer, several ccminer variants, and Claymore's eth miner (mode 1 only atm).
  • Supports several multipools: ZPool, NiceHash, AHashPool and Mining Pool Hub.
  • Support for all relevant NVIDIA GPUs (and some less relevant ones), in any combination of models. Franken-rigs happily supported.
  • Easy overclocking of each GPU (dependent on NVIDIA's Linux driver supporting it).
  • Per-GPU mining assignments. Rather than grouping all GPUs into a single entity, each card is benchmarked and assigned individually to ensure it runs the most profitable algo.
  • Built-in stratum proxies. No more running into the situation where you try to switch to a more profitable algo, only to lose minutes or more trying to connect to an unreachable stratum server. Myning Node only switches algo once the stratum proxy has successfully connected to the stratum, leaving the miners on the previous algo in the meantime.
  • No "phone home" functionality, and no reliance on "cloud services" for its operation (other than the mining pools!).
  • Easy overview of what each pool is paying for each algo.
  • Historical graphs of performance, pool estimates, etc.
  • Profit estimates displayed on the dashboard, taking your electricity cost into account.
  • Options to lock particular miners to certain GPUs. E.g. always mine Eth on two of your 1070s, but let the rest algo switch.
  • Built from scratch, doesn't run any unnecessary services. No need to worry about disabling Print Servers or Windows Networking Support on your mining distro.
  • Easy and safe firmware upgrade procedure. The custom boot loader ensures an upgrade either succeeds, or is automatically rolled back to the previous version.
  • Signed firmware images, to significantly reduce risk of getting dodgy firmware onto your rigs.
  • Under active development.

Okay, that sounds cool, but what are the downsides?

It depends on what you're after to a large degree, but assuming you're after a standalone solution for dedicated rigs (which is what Myning Node aims to be), these items are the mains ones I think:
  • Myning Node is currently in Open Beta - there are probably still some bugs lurking around. Bug reports welcome (use the email address listed on the site please).
  • Currently only supporting NVIDIA GPUs. Support for AMD/Radeon is on the roadmap.
  • The selection of supported pools is a bit limited. Happy to add others over time though.
  • There's a 0.7% dev fee. No free lunch this time either.
  • Currently doesn't handle rigs with more than 10 GPUs due to ccminer limitations. Fixing that is high on the roadmap.
  • Running multiple rigs off a single controller is still under development, so if you run many rigs Myning Node might not be ideal for you yet.
  • It doesn't cook you bacon.

Why did you create Myning Node?

Myning Node was created because I wasn't satisfied with the existing options. Between a lack of features, lack of visibility/insight, bloated software, and not wanting to rely on somebody else's magic cloud platform, nothing seemed to hit the "sweet spot" as far as I was concerned. Encouraged by close friends to do something other than just complain about it, Myning Node slowly came into existence. Had I known just how much time I would have to spend on this project I probably would've stuck to complaining, but done is done as they say.

Why should I trust you? You're posting on a new account and all...

Great question! You really shouldn't trust me since you don't know me. You should do your own risk assessment and decide for yourself whether you want to take Myning Node for a spin. I'd point to mitigating factors such as it being a standalone firmware, and that if you want to play it really safe you can disconnect any hard drives, and connect the rig to your guest network. I'm also not trying to hide behind a pseudonym - I take pride in my work and would prefer to get the recognition for it, so it's in my best interest to play it fair.

Anything else?

You can find screenshots, the step-by-step installation guide, download links, and the FAQ on the Myning Node website. I'll do my best to respond to bug reports promptly, but for all you US folks, be aware that I'm in Australia so our time zones have terrible overlap.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MyningNode (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:38:39 AM
Last edit: July 15, 2018, 03:21:18 AM by MyningNode

Release notes

Version 1.1.55
  • Moved the Power / Temp / Fan graphs off the dashboard to reduce amount of time spent looking at spinners. The graphs now have their own page in the Monitoring category. On the dashboard now only showing the latest values for power / temperature / fan for each device.
  • Fixed issue where the controller might restart in response to the browser exiting suddenly.
  • Fixed rare issue where the supervisor could get jammed up in its miner launch sequence if the controller connection was lost at just the wrong time.
MyningNode (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:58:21 PM

Release notes

Myning Node 1.1.58
  • Fixed dynamic library issue with ccminer-alexis78.
  • Fixed another rare issue where the supervisor could get jammed up in its miner launch sequence if the controller connection was lost at just the wrong time.
  • Added a badge to the penalty box menu item showing the number of penalties in effect.
  • Added missing loading indicators to the Power/Temp/Fan and Penalty Box pages.
MyningNode (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:18:53 PM

Release notes

Myning Node 1.1.59
  • Fixed DNS lookup error with Claymore's miner.
  • Added reaping of idle stratum proxies if memory is low.
  • Changed how the running average performance/benchmark is handled. Now only takes into account entries since the last benchmark. This should make it less confusing from a user experience perspective.
  • Added regular supervisor health check, with reboot fallback.
  • Added 24h pool distribution graph to the dashboard.
MyningNode (OP)

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:15:50 AM

Release notes

Myning Node 1.1.60
  • Fixed race condition on miner exit that could result in a supervisor restart. This mostly affected larger rigs.
  • Corrected unit used to report free memory. The status page should no longer show constant 100% memory usage.
  • Fixed issue where idle stratum proxies would not get reaped properly in low-memory situations. This came to light thanks to the above issue, so silver lining there!
  • Reduced likelyhood of clipping the labels on the dashboard pie graphs.
  • Various improvements around re-benchmarking. More feedback is now given in the expanded evaluations view.
MyningNode (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:13:03 PM

Release notes

Myning Node 1.2.0
  • Added earnings estimates in USD, not just mBTC now!
  • BTC exchange rate graph added in the analytics section.
  • Improved user feedback when (re-)running benchmarks. Now showing both queued benchmarks and current benchmarks in the expanded loadout views.
  • Corrected issue where multiple connections might be established by the web interface, needlessly.
MyningNode (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 02:49:17 PM

Here's a small mid-week update based on user-request!

Release notes

Myning Node 1.2.1
  • Added support for Block Masters pool (BTC wallet).
MyningNode (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:53:12 PM

With BTC being down and network difficulties up, you really want to keep an eye on your profitability. The latest MyningNode release now gives you that right on the dashboard! Just plug in your electricity price and you're good to go!

Check out the updated dashboard screenshot and see for yourself.

Release notes

Myning Node 1.2.2
  • Added power usage estimates, power cost estimates, and resulting profitability analysis to the dashboard. Configure your electricity price from the new settings panel.
MyningNode (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:35:49 AM

This release marks the first of the somewhat more number crunchy features which I've been wanting to get to ever since I started building Myning Node. Version 1.2.7 now tracks not only the estimated profit, but also what it credited to the pool wallet. This makes it possible to start analyzing how well the pool is estimating compared to what it ends up paying out. There are many finer points to this, and I encourage you to read through the help panels for further information. Note that it'll take 24h after the upgrade until it can start analyzing, so the quicker you upgrade, the quicker you can get to the fun stuff!

Comments and suggestions on how to further improve this feature are welcome (here, mail, twitter, take your pick). I'll be travelling a fair bit over the next month, so replies may be slower than usual.

Release notes

Myning Node 1.2.7
  • Added tracking of pool wallets.
  • Introduced pool estimation accuracy analysis. This allows you to see whether a pool is providing accurate estimates compared to what it ends up paying you. Due to the many factors involved, this is only a rough estimate, but should hopefully be enough to detect trends. Accurate estimates are the corner stone of good multi-algo mining, as bad estimates inevitable lead to bad decisions as to what and where to mine. Find out for yourself how the pools are performing for your particular mining hardware.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: