Bitcoin Forum
September 21, 2018, 05:11:46 AM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018-09-08 IranbyBit.com offering tourism services in Iran for Bitcoin  (Read 103 times)
Setare

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:00:51 AM

Surprisingly, "Iranbybit" has started working!

IranbyBit is a startup business offering tourism services specially ecotourism based services to inbound travelers and adventurer who wants to visit Iran and also accepts Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as a form of payment.
The main idea of the business comes from the sanctions on Iran banking system which prevent financial transactions between Iran and other countries. As a result, travelers to Iran are not able to use credit cards in particular Visa Card and MasterCard. IranbyBit seized the opportunity provided by cryptocurrencies to solve the tourism problems in Iran concerning tourists who had to carry cash.

IranbyBit.com is online and available. I would be grateful to receive all your suggestions and feedback.

Kokab "Setare" Shabanipour
Founder at IranbyBit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1064

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 12:40:33 PM

IranbyBit is a startup business offering tourism services specially ecotourism based services to inbound travelers and adventurer who wants to visit Iran and also accepts Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as a form of payment.
The main idea of the business comes from the sanctions on Iran banking system which prevent financial transactions between Iran and other countries. As a result, travelers to Iran are not able to use credit cards in particular Visa Card and MasterCard. IranbyBit seized the opportunity provided by cryptocurrencies to solve the tourism problems in Iran concerning tourists who had to carry cash.

IranbyBit.com is online and available. I would be grateful to receive all your suggestions and feedback.

Founder at IranbyBit

I like to see such projects which show how certain countries can benefit from BTC and cryptocurrency in general even if they are under economic sanctions. It would be very interesting to see how this project will evolve and whether to have success, but also is there any other project who will try to follow this example.

This is ideal for people who want to pay only with crypto and experience a nice adventure, and prices are very good.

███                       
   █████                     
  ███████                     
 ██████████        █         
  █████████      ████         
  ████████      ██           
     ██████    ██             
       ██████████             
            ██████   ███████ 
         █████  ██████████████
       ███ ███  ████████████ 
       ██ █          █       
      █                       
     █                       
                          ██ 
                       █████ 
                      ███████
           █        ██████████
          ████      █████████
             ██      ████████
              ██    ██████   
              ██████████     
   ███████   ██████           
 ██████████████  █████       
   ████████████  ███ ██       
    ██████          █ ██     
                        █     
                         █   

███           
██████         
████████     
██████████     
████████████ 
██████████████
██████████████
████████████   
██████████     
████████       
██████         
███           

██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████

████
        ██████
      ████████
    ██████████
  ████████████
██████████████
██████████████
  ████████████
    ██████████
      ████████
        ██████
           ███
[
buwaytress

Activity: 742
Merit: 688

I bit, therefore I am

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:19:25 PM

As they say, necessity the mother of invention, and threat the harbinger of opportunity. Looked at your website and certainly a good place to start, the choices for lodging and cards definitely fit the profile of the would-be Bitcoin traveller. I booked my first travel recently with Bitcoin, wouldn't mind Iran my next destination to support Bitcoin and local entrepreneurship.

P.S. Check your PM!

rodskee

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:40:30 PM

Founder at IranbyBit

There so many good news for bitcoin adoption bitcoin use for new project to grow the economy of the country
Iranbybit is a very wise and talented decision from the iran officials to make easy all transactions for ecotourism in their country

stompix

Activity: 826
Merit: 676

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:45:35 PM

As they say, necessity the mother of invention, and threat the harbinger of opportunity. Looked at your website and certainly a good place to start, the choices for lodging and cards definitely fit the profile of the would-be Bitcoin traveller. I booked my first travel recently with Bitcoin, wouldn't mind Iran my next destination to support Bitcoin and local entrepreneurship.

P.S. Check your PM!

Why do you think the "bitcoin" traveler would choose those for accommodation?
No offense to the OP and the ones that might find this intriguing and worth testing but no way in hell I would choose to sleep in any of those 'rooms" if you can even call them such.

I understand supporting local business but when I'm on vacation the last thing I want is to wake up and waiting in a queue with the rest of the tourists to use the bathroom...

Why would someone think a bitcoineer is a guy with a small backpack, a laptop, one pair of socks and that only needs a roof and a blanket?

Setare

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:34:20 AM

P.S. Check your PM!
Yes, necessity the mother of invention. thanks for compliment. May I ask about your last travel with Bitcoin? where was that?
Setare

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:42:16 AM

Founder at IranbyBit

There so many good news for bitcoin adoption bitcoin use for new project to grow the economy of the country
Iranbybit is a very wise and talented decision from the iran officials to make easy all transactions for ecotourism in their country

Thanks, but it is not by Iran officials. We start it only as a startup. We hope to be supported by the government in future
Setare

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:04:24 AM

P.S. Check your PM!

No offense to the OP and the ones that might find this intriguing and worth testing but no way in hell I would choose to sleep in any of those 'rooms" if you can even call them such.

I understand supporting local business but when I'm on vacation the last thing I want is to wake up and waiting in a queue with the rest of the tourists to use the bathroom...

Why would someone think a bitcoineer is a guy with a small backpack, a laptop, one pair of socks and that only needs a roof and a blanket?

Really appreciate your honest opinion. Actually most of youth travelers of Iran choose Iran as a destination of adventure and at IranbyBit we aim the youth travelers, by now. We defiantly add more luxury accommodations and hotels soon. It is just our start point
buwaytress

I bit, therefore I am

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:40:45 AM

P.S. Check your PM!

Because the Bitcoin travellers I've met, and the ones whose stories I've covered, all travel like this... that's just my experience. They like camping, they like the outdoors, and because the economy started out peer-to-peer, it was more likely that you'd get individual arrangements with locals using Bitcoin, rather than larger enterprises or traditional hotel/lodging companies. This may eventually not be the case in the future once adoption gains, but it has been the way it started out.

Also because my own personal travel paying with Bitcoin found people who accepted were either airbnb frequenters or couchsurfers in the past.

You sort of validate this point. You're not willing to use these types of accommodations, and therefore probably haven't spent your Bitcoin to travel/lodge like this. No offence to you either Smiley

@OP my last lodging paid with Bitcoin was in East Africa. My next destination flight is also paid by Bitcoin (but with abitsky, which is not p2p) but I am trying to find someone willing to accept Bitcoin in the Caucasus.

Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1064

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 09:58:39 AM

There is also something for your standards, decent rooms with In-room Western Bath so there is no need to wait in a queue to use the bathroom : https://iranbybit.com/accommodations/anarak/

By what OP write, this service is primarily based on ecotourism and inbound travelers and adventurer, but in combination with cryptocurrency payments. I guess that we have different types of people who use BTC, some would choose such an adventure and some others would buy Lambo and stay at a 5 star hotel Wink

███                       
   █████                     
  ███████                     
 ██████████        █         
  █████████      ████         
  ████████      ██           
     ██████    ██             
       ██████████             
            ██████   ███████ 
         █████  ██████████████
       ███ ███  ████████████ 
       ██ █          █       
      █                       
     █                       
                          ██ 
                       █████ 
                      ███████
           █        ██████████
          ████      █████████
             ██      ████████
              ██    ██████   
              ██████████     
   ███████   ██████           
 ██████████████  █████       
   ████████████  ███ ██       
    ██████          █ ██     
                        █     
                         █   

███           
██████         
████████     
██████████     
████████████ 
██████████████
██████████████
████████████   
██████████     
████████       
██████         
███           

██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████

████
        ██████
      ████████
    ██████████
  ████████████
██████████████
██████████████
  ████████████
    ██████████
      ████████
        ██████
           ███
[
stompix

Activity: 826
Merit: 676

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:31:26 PM

Because the Bitcoin travellers I've met, and the ones whose stories I've covered, all travel like this... that's just my experience. They like camping, they like the outdoors, and because the economy started out peer-to-peer, it was more likely that you'd get individual arrangements with locals using Bitcoin, rather than larger enterprises or traditional hotel/lodging companies. This may eventually not be the case in the future once adoption gains, but it has been the way it started out.

Also because my own personal travel paying with Bitcoin found people who accepted were either airbnb frequenters or couchsurfers in the past.

You sort of validate this point. You're not willing to use these types of accommodations, and therefore probably haven't spent your Bitcoin to travel/lodge like this. No offence to you either Smiley

@OP my last lodging paid with Bitcoin was in East Africa. My next destination flight is also paid by Bitcoin (but with abitsky, which is not p2p) but I am trying to find someone willing to accept Bitcoin in the Caucasus.

So, you went camping and all the people there liked camping  Grin
You traveled with a backpack and all the people using bitcoin had a backpack so...  Grin

People, just like the times and the weather change

In 2013 I was looking on how to pay for stuff with bitcoin, I would book a hotel if it offered this option, pack a pair of socks and underwear the laptop and my wallet and go. What changed? Now I have to pack a bag full of pampers also  Tongue
Bitcoin will celebrate 10 years soon, most of the people that were in their 20s have changed, they have kids and others things to take care while on a trip while still trying to use bitcoin, not even speaking about the ones that were in their 40s.

It's not like I have some high expectation from a hotel or I laugh at people traveling and lodging like, as I often did it myself back when I was young when even in Eastern Europe a hotel with running hot water was a luxury, not talking about Africa.

A long time ago only nerds were using ICQ, now everyone has their fingers glued to their personal messager, and just like that traveling and paying with bitcoin is not reserved for a special category anymore.

Now, back to the service, the OP is promoting, as I said great idea but would be great to add a bit of variation, and I don't mean it like pools, fitness rooms or whatever, just what the average family wants and needs.
With the recent exchange rate, Iran looks like a place to travel for a month spending only what you make in a week, and unlike Venezuela is still safe.

There is also something for your standards, decent rooms with In-room Western Bath so there is no need to wait in a queue to use the bathroom : https://iranbybit.com/accommodations/anarak/

By what OP write, this service is primarily based on ecotourism and inbound travelers and adventurer, but in combination with cryptocurrency payments. I guess that we have different types of people who use BTC, some would choose such an adventure and some others would buy Lambo and stay at a 5 star hotel Wink

Yeah, that looks far better.
A couple of those spread across the country and I might convince my wife to tag along for a trip. Although I'm pretty sure it will take a lottttttt of convincing.

Aikidoka

Activity: 588
Merit: 290

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:06:33 PM

There are not many projects that accept bitcoin as a form of payment. But I would like to see more because when you see people support bitcoin, you will get a good sensation. With all the negative feedbacks that bitcoin receives daily, there are few which stand by its side and support it. I hope I will be able to do a camping with the bitcoins I have because paying with bitcoin is something we are not used to doing in our daily lives, and especially when they also accept other cryptocurrency.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
Better. Quick.

Transparent.

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
buwaytress

I bit, therefore I am

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:13:38 PM

So, you went camping and all the people there liked camping  Grin
You traveled with a backpack and all the people using bitcoin had a backpack so...  Grin

People, just like the times and the weather change

In 2013 I was looking on how to pay for stuff with bitcoin, I would book a hotel if it offered this option, pack a pair of socks and underwear the laptop and my wallet and go. What changed? Now I have to pack a bag full of pampers also  Tongue
Bitcoin will celebrate 10 years soon, most of the people that were in their 20s have changed, they have kids and others things to take care while on a trip while still trying to use bitcoin, not even speaking about the ones that were in their 40s.

It's not like I have some high expectation from a hotel or I laugh at people traveling and lodging like, as I often did it myself back when I was young when even in Eastern Europe a hotel with running hot water was a luxury, not talking about Africa.

A long time ago only nerds were using ICQ, now everyone has their fingers glued to their personal messager, and just like that traveling and paying with bitcoin is not reserved for a special category anymore.

Now, back to the service, the OP is promoting, as I said great idea but would be great to add a bit of variation, and I don't mean it like pools, fitness rooms or whatever, just what the average family wants and needs.
With the recent exchange rate, Iran looks like a place to travel for a month spending only what you make in a week, and unlike Venezuela is still safe.

stompix, of course you're right and people change, absolutely, and I'm the first to say that there is no Bitcoin user profile... but I do feel that for now, Bitcoin travel starts like this - yes, there are the lambo-wielding travellers, I guess, though they probably also aren't paying Bitcoin direct to a site, probably just using Bitpay or whatever (and no that doesn't make their spend less of anything, I'm not elitist at all!). I definitely see one day soon where Bitcoin users are paying for stuff on their local travelodge or trivago hotel or uber rides (or hope to see) but it's not happening yet. Most people new to Bitcoin still see it as an investment, not a currency.

I get your pampers-carrying life (I got kids too haha) and even now when I travel for myself (and partner), it is something we do perhaps once every 2 years or 3, being so difficult to find even 1 week alone together. Every other travel with and for family I do with fiat - just too risky to try that Bitcoin spending fun. Need to change dates, need to book insurance, need to book specific flights, and for sure need proper hotels, child-friendly locations etc.

But back to OP, the demand for any global currency is high in Iran, and because of sanctions, it's harder to send our or receive US dollars... Bitcoin is an attractive alternative and I think it's great that local entrepreneurs see it as such. An alternative currency.

Summerlshere

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:32:12 PM

Thank you for your kind feedback about IranbyBit. I enjoyed your conversations. I wanted to tell you that we're involved in bitcoin more than what you may think. We're trying to help others too to understand bitcoin better with presentations and active community participation in Farsi communities. Here in Iran people could really benefit from Bitcoin.

Also Regarding the next qoute, we currently use Jeeb.io and we will never use sth like bitpay (because of their outdated tech BIP70, past actions toward the bitcoin fork and also their restrictions for Iranian people). We are also considering using BTCpay server for a self-hosted bitcoin processor in the future but for the time we wanted to start with something that could boost our launch for the website so we've decided to use Jeeb.io which is built by another Iranian team.

though they probably also aren't paying Bitcoin direct to a site, probably just using Bitpay or whatever (and no that doesn't make their spend less of anything, I'm not elitist at all!).

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1255

Hello You

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:50:12 PM

I clearly dig bitcoin. I'd sooner stay up all night or seduce a diseased granny just to avoid a hostel or shared bathroom. Sod that.

As an aside everyone I've met who's been to Iran nearly died from utter delight. I'd love to check it out but going there now makes going to the US a huge pain up the arse.

buwaytress

I bit, therefore I am

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:13:07 AM

Thank you for your kind feedback about IranbyBit. I enjoyed your conversations. I wanted to tell you that we're involved in bitcoin more than what you may think. We're trying to help others too to understand bitcoin better with presentations and active community participation in Farsi communities. Here in Iran people could really benefit from Bitcoin.

Also Regarding the next qoute, we currently use Jeeb.io and we will never use sth like bitpay (because of their outdated tech BIP70, past actions toward the bitcoin fork and also their restrictions for Iranian people). We are also considering using BTCpay server for a self-hosted bitcoin processor in the future but for the time we wanted to start with something that could boost our launch for the website so we've decided to use Jeeb.io which is built by another Iranian team.

Good to hear! I really don't understand how merchants end up using Bitpay when they keep getting the raw end of the deal. There's a sense that you guys know a bit more about the tech than would be apparent, and the founder apparently also has some programming knowledge so that'd be helpful if you want to make the move to BTCpay. I'm reading more about merchants switching from bitpay and coinbase to BTCPay and they're having quite good success  - learning curve aside, the community are quite helpful in getting you set up.

We'll take our discussions forward on Telegram, thanks for responding!

Summerlshere

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:47:03 PM

We've got many places that one can choose from. Some of them like https://iranbybit.com/accommodations/anarak/ are well-equipped for a western traveler.

We'd like to have you as a customer, someday! .. Smiley
Also, we're into bitcoin too. We support and promote using it for other Iranian businesses.

I clearly dig bitcoin. I'd sooner stay up all night or seduce a diseased granny just to avoid a hostel or shared bathroom. Sod that.

As an aside everyone I've met who's been to Iran nearly died from utter delight. I'd love to check it out but going there now makes going to the US a huge pain up the arse.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.