Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:24:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin = Blockchain???  (Read 136 times)
MbyzIco (OP)

Activity: 410
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 08:41:51 PM

Before the generalized doubt, but above all I have listened even in conferences as well as in publicities as the information and concepts about Bitcoin and Blockchain are fused, I allow myself to leave a couple of analyzes in these concepts.

You have to understand that in principle, Blockchain and Bitcoin, are two different concepts, but although I know there are many in the forum that can be deepened even the source code, I'm going to stay in the potability of this section.

Blockchain in its fundamental concept, is a data management methodology, is the way to structure and validate data from a set of unknown data. This basic concept and its association with the concept of proof of work and the mining of cryptocurrencies, is what begins to merge both concepts. The test of work as such and the different attempts are not born exactly in 2009 as one might think, is what we see today of the purification of complex jobs that have been carried out since the 80s.

Now having understood in this superficial layer, that the Blockchain is a methodology for the structure of data, it is easy to understand, that its basic utility is that, organize and manage data, where it is more efficient? where, among other things, validation is required among users who do not know each other. but that detail can be left for personal investigation.

As for bitcoin, it is another concept, technically it is a protocol based on Blockchain technology, now ... that protocol and its foundation as a handler for asset equivalences, carries a unit of account, that is to say, a monetary unit not coined, that It does not exist in the physical world, but it allows us to give understandable and mathematical equivalences to operations, there comes the concept of Bitcoin, which is nothing else than the unit of account.

This Bitcoin Concept has its technical characteristics, as well as the Blockchain, but the most important thing is to define, where they coincide and where there are possible confusions, their main characteristic is the decentralization of Bitcoin supported in the Blockchain. that decentralization is what makes it foreign to any state control over the currency.

I have extended this topic, because it is necessary, that anyone who is going to enter this ecosystem, have clear this pair of concepts, before even thinking about investing, developing or working on any solution or existing currency.

As I said at the beginning, this is just a vision of these concepts, to collaborate with the community that starts on the subject, but obviously, all this is perfectible, it can be deepened, but above all, the idea is that it is a sample to stimulate a deeper investigation, oriented to the area of ​​personal interest.

MBYZ
¦•-» El verdadero desafío es dar valor real a las monedas /The real challenge is to give real value to the currencies. «-•¦
¦ [Website] | [Telegram] | [Whitepaper] | [Youtube] | [Bitcointalk ANN] | [Instagram]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tuongc944

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:06:46 AM

Blockchain and Bitcoin are different in the source code. And Blockchain is a methodology for the structure of data.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 11:17:36 AM

To make it simple,

Blockchain = Internet
Bitcoin = E-mail

The blockchain is much more than the cryptocurrencies whereas Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency based on blockchain which relies on the principle of decentralization.
Athero
Copper Member

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:41:13 PM

Blockhain = Technology behind crypto. (public P2P encrypted  database)
Bitcoin =  Cryptocurrency\network based on blockchian technology.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: