Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:18:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful with fake exchanges  (Read 15805 times)
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:14:06 PM

For those of you traders, please be careful with fake exchanges, because I found a VERY SAME exchange that makes no difference at all like the exchange on EtherDelta, the fake exchange link that I saw I got from my Gmail inbox, which message it was contains about giving tokens like AIRDROP, and there I am given a registration form link and in the form there is a fake EtherDelta link, and this is the link http://EtherDelta.website, and this is the original EtherDelta link https://etherdelta.com/. There is no difference at all in the two exchanges, the images, features and others are exactly the same, so please be careful.

Secure your private key, secure your wallet, do not easily believe things that invite you to get rich instantly, do not easily trust advertisements, because crime is not just at one door, who knows there are many other fake exchanges, therefore be careful.

And don't go all in on an exchange either.  The exchanges will not reimburse your funds if they get lost or stolen.  There is not central authority guaranteeing your assets.  I had some funds on Cryptsy and that guy shut his exchange down and ran off with everyone's coins.  He is still on the run today.

Don't use exchanges to store your coins.  It's not worth the risk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
richman3451

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 07:46:43 PM

it is better to store coins in different wallets for the bounty and for air droplet wallets for investment and trade on the exchange, too, separately, plus post a notification via phone and e-mail
MainIbem

Activity: 1330
Merit: 385

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:04:51 PM

At some point, Etherdelta was the rave of the moment so so many fake mimicking sites sprang up just to catch the unsuspecting trader. I remember that Etherdelta had to come up with a notice to identify the true site. I rarely hear of such fake site recently.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:47:25 PM

i have recieved mails from some set of scammers just like this asking for private keys after clicking the link. i am happy  i am aware of it so i didnt fall for such scam. my friend was tricked this way and he lost some good coins to this scam. lets all be ware.
toolsydas

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:10:21 AM

I'm not using Etherdelta at all. I don't think it's a safe exchanger. I prefer to use Binance for trading and Idex for buying tokens.
beverly788113

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:36:17 AM

For every Phishing website out there that are trying to scam out people, they have this almost the same name of a specific website that they are trying to imitate but there's still a bit difference from the original one but sadly most of the victims are these new people because they are easily baited for not checking what is necessary, the exact URL.

Since I started using different kinds of cryptocurrency exchanges I've never been scam or lose a single coin for some phishing site because I'm double or even triple checking the right URL, it involves real money so if you are too lazy on checking the do's and dont's of crypto exchanges then you will eventually lose something.
It's better to bookmark the exchange and not to open it with any url links that you are not sure, most of the time those who been scammed by this fake site are those who didn't checked closer, we should understand that every scammers / hackers will do their best in order penetrate with someones accounts, we need to due diligence protecting our hard earned investment.
There are two ways to get into your computer:

The first is the url url is not clear, should not click the link is unclear from the fake web page

Second, absolutely do not open the e-mail unknown origin as it is the place to store viruses that can steal your account.
jeepuerit

Activity: 306
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:42:42 AM

i think yes, we need to take care of the exchange that we will enter, because we can lose our investment or trade in another currency, because as I lost my ethereum in exchange of qryptos, I did not realize that the qryptos were gone market, my ethereum also played very well.
katuhakuh

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:38:27 PM

Yes, in my opinion, it is very true, especially decentralized exchanges that will gain access to wallet keystore can be very dangerous when exchanges are hacked or there are imitators in exchange. We must be aware of where fake exchanges will be used as targets to harm many coin owners. So the website domain can remind you if there is a suspicious website.
rhenrhen

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:40:06 PM

That's why we must be very wise and we need to really check and double check everything before we proceed. There are a lot of scams and fraudulent activities in the internet.
sumanto

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:19:26 PM

You are very right, now there are many exchange places that have fake teams that even have fraud at the exchange place, you should be careful not to choose a fake exchange place.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:27:52 PM

You are very right, now there are many exchange places that have fake teams that even have fraud at the exchange place, you should be careful not to choose a fake exchange place.
for new markets that are not famous, do not immediately transfer all assets directly. but you can test it, or divide it into several stages of transaction, thus reducing the risk, and we must find out the validity of that exchange
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:51:02 PM

If I doubt an exchanger then I will open the coin market to find out if that is the exchanger I want and I can make sure the web exchangers on CMC are genuine.
Adrin

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:32:05 PM

At then moment it is a very big issue for scam lot’s of exchanges so if you want start trading in new exchange so before invest must check review this exchanges because if you not check this new exchange review so you can lose your money. Too many fake exchange launch this online industry so never trust any new exchanges.
Rohtox

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 03:57:17 PM

Be careful, there are a lot of scammers who make fake markets with the same web appearance, but the difference is only in the website domain, the same case has also happened to large market markets, such as binance, be careful if there is a form requesting our key is definitely a scammer

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:59:47 PM

Be careful, there are a lot of scammers who make fake markets with the same web appearance, but the difference is only in the website domain, the same case has also happened to large market markets, such as binance, be careful if there is a form requesting our key is definitely a scammer
Avoid phishing sites too as well make research before putting any address or passwords/email in an exchange or in any crypto related websites. Always take consideration whatever you input , its much better to see reviews or comments before joining especially if a new website.

AdutJ (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 08:04:12 PM

You might need to change that site to just simply phishing site instead of linking it in here. Edit this post to something that won't lead people into the wrong way. People might get mislead from your point. In these scenarios of fake exchanges, traders should be aware of the domain name that they're typing at or clicking at. There was also issues in airdrops giving out emails in random and asking you to claim the specified shit token then lead you to a phishing MEW sites. There has been also those kind of misleading updates in MEW telling you to update your wallet by uploading your wallet file. Be wary with those though.
Everyone also knew that it was a phishing site even though it was said to be a fake exchange site, I just told them that the fake site was twinned with the original site, so it could be said that this was a warning to everyone to be more careful about fake sites, let alone the site this is a crypto money exchange site, this is obviously very dangerous for people who are not very careful with things about phishing and so on.
Afonos

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:08:24 PM

Binance and Kucoin have anticipated this with the anti-phishing code for email login and transaction confirmation, this is not the best solution but really prevents the negative factors that continue to develop from hackers. I was also worried about what happened, but I also had to continue doing activities to trade normally with caution.
samycoin

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:32:08 PM

For those of you traders, please be careful with fake exchanges, because I found a VERY SAME exchange that makes no difference at all like the exchange on EtherDelta, the fake exchange link that I saw I got from my Gmail inbox, which message it was contains about giving tokens like AIRDROP, and there I am given a registration form link and in the form there is a fake EtherDelta link, and this is the link http://EtherDelta.website, and this is the original EtherDelta link https://etherdelta.com/. There is no difference at all in the two exchanges, the images, features and others are exactly the same, so please be careful.

Secure your private key, secure your wallet, do not easily believe things that invite you to get rich instantly, do not easily trust advertisements, because crime is not just at one door, who knows there are many other fake exchanges, therefore be careful.
It's true many fake exchange now we need to be careful to what link we click especially in the email that they send to us. Scammer and hacker now is so smarter so we need to be vigilant.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Viscore

Activity: 3024
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:40:55 PM

That is why we should take cautious in dealing with our private keys(especially) cause it only lead into losing our coins. Those scam sites is what we called it phishing sites, but you can easily check it if that is the legit site by having the https:// sign or you can find secured attached on it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Wish 107.5

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:43:19 PM

We really need to be careful because there are so manay desperate people who want to make money at any cause. We should keep our tokens until we found real exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: