Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:18:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hostgator the bitcoin haters.  (Read 469 times)
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:01:04 PM

I signed up and paid for a hostgator plan. They wanted me to send in two pieces of ID which I did. Just becuase of the domain name, the fraud department contacted me asking the following:

Due to the domain crypago.com, we feel your website may be in violation of our Terms of Service. Please review our Terms of Service here: http://www.hostgator.com/tos/tos.php and http://www.hostgator.com/tos/acceptable-use-policy.

To expedite your account setup, please respond to this email with a description of your intended site content.

In addition please answer the questions below:
1. Is the site is going to be used as a BitCoin "wallet" or public ledger
2. Is the site is going to be used for cryptocurrency or Bitcoin mining, storing, sale or currency exchange of Cryptocurrency?
3. Does the site involve currency exchange transactions?

We apologize for any inconveniences that may result from this process, but we want to ensure that our HostGator is able to accommodate your hosting needs.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Best regards,

Doretha J.
Fraud Analyst
Fraud Prevention Department

Then just hours later, before I even had a chance to respond they send me this:

hostgator.com refunded $142.77 USD from your purchase on September 9, 2018.

They refunded my money and refused me service. Talk about ignorance and prejudice. Does anyone know of a hosting company that's crypto friendly? Thanks in advance. 

If you want an honest opinion, they have only acted in good faith and that's how business should be run. Have you witnessed a crypto exchange site, that would deny you access to your own funds because of some ID verification, or any flimsy excuse they could come up without even giving you the option to respond. They even have the courtesy to ask you to provide responses to certain questions before refunding you. I guess the reason they refunded is because there must have been a timeline they expect response from you in which they didn't.

Its really not about hating bitcoin or crypto. Its about their own business and policy which they hold dear. The policy might change tomorrow, but as at now, that is what they have to comply with. Its not out of place for companies to behave that way at this time as the uncertainties is much for them as no business owner would want to start having issues with regulatory bodies because of some few dollars.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:12:55 AM

Hostgator is long time company which is doing work on hosting services in the internet market. This is really pathetic to see your fund has been refunded and stopped their service.
We may find the better option with the other sites like domain or GoDaddy for hosting and domain services. However upon their terms ee should not call them as a scam and all.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: