Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:29:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who deserve moderator position based on his/her skill & activity ?
LoyceV
theyoungmillionaire
marlboroza
suchmoon
The Pharmacist
Jet Cash
TMAN
DdmrDdmr
Lutpin
Vod
pugman
Piggy
actmyname

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote for new moderators who deserve it. @theymos please take a look.  (Read 3757 times)
JetAid

Activity: 122
Merit: 20

Jet Cash's better half

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 06:49:50 PM

I think it is also useful to focus on the positive as well as the negative. Converting a problem poster into an asset is another way to reduce the load on the mods.

I know it won't work with the bots and the TwitBook spammers, but there are others that could be encouraged into better posting.

I disabled Fit to Talk registrations because of applications by non-member spammers. Click here to send me a PM if you would like to join.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:16:34 PM

He's now probably amongst the top handlers of reports (though I can't be certain and only theymos will have access to those stats and that's why he is the best one suited to choosing new staff members). Maybe one day he might even become an admin. Who knows.

Dogs that bark do not bite.... And you are right. It's not about "popularity". And it is not about fame. I think mods have to be hard workers. And it is important that they "don't" do business here. Because this could lead to a trust problem.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:05:57 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2018, 08:21:51 PM by Welsh

Dogs that bark do not bite.... And you are right. It's not about "popularity". And it is not about fame. I think mods have to be hard workers. And it is important that they "don't" do business here. Because this could lead to a trust problem.
Plenty of past, and present staff members have done business though. John K for example had a pretty popular escrow service. Maybe, its a good idea. But, at the end of the day if they can't be trusted in business deals then can they be trusted on forum moderation? So, honestly I don't see the point of putting restrictions on staff members doing business on the forum.

That would have to be determined on an individual basis I guess.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:13:35 PM

He's now probably amongst the top handlers of reports (though I can't be certain and only theymos will have access to those stats and that's why he is the best one suited to choosing new staff members). Maybe one day he might even become an admin. Who knows.

I am not aware of any restrictions on mods business activities on the forum.  Why can't a mod do business on here?

I bought quite a number of things now from the forum and I am also involved in an ICO, does this mean I shouldn't be a mod?
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:29:53 PM

please read carefully. i wrote this COULD lead to a trust problem. if a mod has a service x and deletes post of service y that offers a similar product. then this may be a problem. it could be a problem even if erasing is justified. because servcie y made a "mistake". the position of the mod could be questioned. and that could lead to all decisions of the mods being questioned so that only unnecessary discussion will arise. => ∞
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:33:55 PM

Moderators are regularly questioned anyway. Its just the normal thing to do when people are butt hurt. If a moderator removes a service in a space which they are competing in then theymos could look into it, and see if they had a reason to remove it. But, at the end of the day the mod offering the service could leave it for another mod to deal with to avoid any conflict of interest.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 08:55:55 PM

I have the least number of reports in comparison to everyone else in the "nominees".
I have to ask what's probably a stupid question, but how can I tell how many reports other members have made?  Is there a way to do that?  I know how to view my own number, but I've never seen a link to any statistics on anybody else.  
Nah.. no way.

I would have thought that I had the fewest.
You have reported 90 posts with 98% accuracy (82 good, 2 bad, 6 unhandled)

and I don't agree that the bad ones were bad either. Smiley
I am probably with the second least reports:

You have reported 122 posts with 99% accuracy (107 good, 2 bad, 13 unhandled). Do not worry about your accuracy too much; one accurate report is worth many inaccurate reports.

In all honesty, kudos to all the users who have reported more than 300 posts. Like, dedicating time to something that has no return personally,and yet doing it,is not something everybody does.

OP, how long is the voting for? Not that it matters, but just curious.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:59:43 PM

please read carefully. i wrote this COULD lead to a trust problem.

Right but you also said
And it is important that they "don't" do business here.

It's important you don't eat food because it could lead to choking.
Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:22:01 AM

A few members are missing out, especially Krishanapramod, mdayonliner, ,xtraelv, Lafu, iasenko(These people more than 1000 reports IIRC).

mdayonliner ? Is this a joke ?
Don't you have to know just a little bit about crypto to be a mod on a crypto forum ?
The guy thinks EOS is an ERC20 token :

Somebody, please help me how to create a EOS wallet.

Go to myetherwallet.com and enter a password that would be hard to guess (but which you won't forget!).
Press 'Create New Wallet'.

Click 'Download Keystore File'. Be sure to read and understand the warnings.

It's very important that you back this file up somewhere safe (think multiple external hard drives and/or USB drives that you put somewhere safe).

Once you've done that, click 'I understand. Continue.

Hope this helps. Welcome to the BitcoinTalk forum.

He also has to ask why ETH prices have been falling lately :

This will be a self moderated topic to prevent obvious spamming. I need a discussion not just comments. I am keen to understand the market.

For me it's a call to buy by the way.

Just few minutes ago I saw a buy order of around 72BTC (the screenshot is from Binance). One side is buying and another side is selling at the price 0.03 BTC (around). I have no idea how long this bear market will continue but I have seen ETH to bounce back from aroun 0.028 BTC to 0.096 BTC.

What are the factors are causing this price drop for ETH. I am sure those who are selling at this price are not stupid.
Keen to understand the market ? You got a long way to go mate.
Everyone knows projects have been dumping their ETHs.

The guy's a joke who's only good at kissing asses in meta. And yeah, giving mod powers to a guy everybody hates would be a great idea lol.  Roll Eyes

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 04:54:48 AM

A few members are missing out, especially Krishanapramod, mdayonliner, ,xtraelv, Lafu, iasenko(These people more than 1000 reports IIRC).

No one nominated them. Someone mentioned iasenko is much busy he can't spend much time so I exclude him. Btw it's look like theymos will not reply here.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
vphasitha01

Activity: 196
Merit: 172

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:12:45 AM

The guy's a joke who's only good at kissing asses in meta. And yeah, giving mod powers to a guy everybody hates would be a great idea lol.  Roll Eyes
Whether mod powers are given or not to the @mdayonliner is another debate, but that guy is not an everybody hates. Don't generalize or taking decisions regarding a user by just quoting only two posts. Because I have seen that he has helped a lot of newbies/Jr.members and created good informative threads. It's quite obvious and takes only a few minutes to identify who is the one-liner here by looking at post history Cheesy
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1497

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 06:34:10 AM

I see that Lutpin is usually mentioned but I think he’s been too busy lately and I don’t know if he wanted to be a moderator either.

Not everybody wants to be a mod:

Also, I've said that I don't want to be a mod and I mean it.  Voting for me would be completely unnecessary. 

Is Lutpin reporting as much as before?

darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:45:46 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2018, 10:55:12 AM by darklus123

I simply voted vod based on  my following criteria.

- knowledge
- experience
- Entertaining
- for his decision making
- Fairness

Tho one thing that does not satisfy my interest is that
 If he is interested
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 10:03:46 AM

Come on chipmixer campaigners, now is the time to prove your shilling skills. Prove that you're better than QS(at shilling) and abuse this vote, and make all the 5 chipmixer shills in the nominees, a mod, lol.
Jokes all aside, I have the least number of reports in comparison to everyone else in the "nominees". If I ever become a mod, I'd be a living hell for the shitposters in that board. I'll mostly go on a nuking spree, and delete the unnecessary posts. I don't really report because it's double work. But when there are better reporters, I think they deserve to be a mod more than me.

There are multiple user's who wouldn't like me to be the mod or even patroller. I am good with being a volunteer. Not good with technicality, that leaves me with two boards, discussion and economics to express my opinion. I am just reporting so I can express. And Loyce V, haven't seen the guy get involved in forum politics, like welsh and really helpful with a stable/sensible head. He deserves it.
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 11:52:34 AM

Well, I voted for young, pharmacist, Loyce, Vod and suchmoon.

As for Theyoungmillionaire, as I know he/she's a Filipino/a, He could really be a big addition to the team of Mods especially in Philippines local board. Given the criteria above, I personally think that he/she really met all of those. Also, In addition, Given the situation that some of the concern in Philippine local board are not being address accordingly, I'm not saying that current mods aren't doing their jobs but hence I think that there are a lot of a much bigger issues that they needed to attend to, An additional mod could help out in the distribution of work, and he/she might focus on some of the concerns of Filipino members.

For The Pharmacists and Vod, Given that they are two of the most knowledgeable and intriguing members of the forum which also fits or over qualified in the criteria provided (A lot would probably react on the fairness section, but these two can really defend there judgement). They are both good addition to the team, I must say they could really have a big impact to the community, A bastards that don't really give a shit to what others think of them as long as they know that it's for the betterment of the forum. *sorry for the term, I used*

For LoyceV and Suchmoon, Same as the above, though a less tough one. Both have different approach in handling cases and they are really knowledgeable and experienced in this industry. Which really fits the criteria.

finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 12:51:19 PM

I voted for theyoungmillionaire, We know that he deserves it and somehow he/she can do such things like moderating a forum. Well, we call him/her Silent hero because of his unbelievable works behind the scenes and it's really obvious that he can do it.  I don't think if he/she wanted to be a Moderator because I remember that he/she is okay of being a "Silent Hero" but maybe he/she will accept position (If he/she is accepted by theymos but as of now, theymos didn't notice the existing thread) because the improvement and development of the local is his/her top priority.

If our higher-ups didn't notice my suggestions for the improvement of the Local board then maybe someone will help us and I hope that "someone" will come soon.  Huh

An additional mod could help out in the distribution of work, and he/she might focus on some of the concerns of Filipino members.

Yeah, additional moderator would fit in but each board only consists 2 moderators only except for Mining that is moderated by gmaxwell, -ck and frodocooper since mining is also an international section so it's okay to have a 3 mods there. It's either to remove one of our local mods or having an additional of one moderator in our local (It looks like our local board can't handled by 2 people). One of our local moderator is also an Global Mod so it's really complicated to add or to remove.

I'm not saying that current mods aren't doing their jobs but hence I think that there are a lot of a much bigger issues that they needed to attend to

There are so many suggestions for the local that has been posted there but people don't show any care, they keep posting in the thread but some of them are just pretentious, they are there because of the post counts. If those topics are being noticed by the highers maybe our local is a good section to start a day (I'm not saying our local is bad, it's really hard to start a post when there are so many shitposters, do you feel it?).
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 01:11:28 PM

There are multiple user's who wouldn't like me to be the mod or even patroller. I am good with being a volunteer. Not good with technicality, that leaves me with two boards, discussion and economics to express my opinion. I am just reporting so I can express. And Loyce V, haven't seen the guy get involved in forum politics, like welsh and really helpful with a stable/sensible head. He deserves it.
What "users" think mostly won't matter, because they just aren't happy because things might not have turned that way. There's not much technicality in this forum, in terms of modding, you'll probably get the gist of it when/if you become a staff member. Obviously Loyce and Welsh deserve/d to be a mod, and they have had my support for quite a while now. 1 or 2 mods, won't curb down the entire spam. If mods are given more (paid)incentives, and reporters get more of non-paid incentives, then the spam is gonna go down. Otherwise, people would just moderating for formality purposes, if that makes sense?

mdayonliner ? Is this a joke ?
No. I was suggesting people who have more than 1000 reports, and I have seen them publicly revealing that. I forgot to nominate foxpup too.  Undecided

Don't you have to know just a little bit about crypto to be a mod on a crypto bitcoin forum ?
FTFY.

Not necessarily though. You think all mods have a diverse knowledge of how bitcoin and crypto works,equivalent to the level of knowledge that achow101/gmaxwell/nullius/theymos/other geeks possess? It depends on which board they moderate,and it depends on how their judgement is based.

Idk about hate, I don't give a shit about it, and I am not somebody who gives people power. Who do you think I am? Odin?  Shocked
No one nominated them. Someone mentioned iasenko is much busy he can't spend much time so I exclude him. Btw it's look like theymos will not reply here.
Ref 1: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5023985.msg45391692#msg45391692

Its alright though, you might have missed it, I am not blaming you.

But I don't know if anyone is taking this poll seriously, for I was "nominated".  Embarrassed

mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:52:16 PM

a guy everybody hates
That is a big bold claim LOL. Honestly speaking, I had no idea that deleting a post from a self moderated thread  could bring this much hate!  Tongue

Earning hate is much more easier then earning love now a days, I get it Ms. Karisma (guessing the gander1 gender from the name of-course). Thank you vphasitha01 and other well wishers.

1 Reminds me LoyceV  Grin

The guy's a joke who's only good at kissing asses in meta.
Shocked Is it a complement?

I was suggesting people who have more than 1000 reports, and I have seen them publicly revealing that. I forgot to nominate foxpup too.  Undecided
You are correct mate.

Thanks for the mention. I am no nearer than some of the legends here. (I hope this does not generalize an asskissing LOL) I am happy being a side dish LOL

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 02:34:02 PM

That is a big bold claim LOL. Honestly speaking, I had no idea that deleting a post from a self moderated thread  could bring this much hate!  Tongue

But didn't you delete my post after I posted here ? So who's hating ? Grin
Sorry little man, I don't know you and don't care about you. I'm just stating facts. Everybody (well the ones who care) knows you're a tool.
Why is ETH's price falling lol ? Seriously ?

Don't generalize or taking decisions regarding a user by just quoting only two posts. Because I have seen that he has helped a lot of newbies/Jr.members and created good informative threads. It's quite obvious and takes only a few minutes to identify who is the one-liner here by looking at post history Cheesy

I dare you to find one, just one instructive post about crypto on his part.
All he does is post in meta, kissing up to the big guys.

Which makes me wonder, what kind of fucked up people give 268 merits to a guy that never posts anything... related to what this place is about ?

You guys should get out of meta, you would notice a few things:
-Theymos doesn't give a flying fuck about you. He doesn't know who iasenko, vaphashita, mdayonliner or dmdrdr are.
-He isn't the only one. Who gives you the right to chose who could or could not be a mod. 99% of the members here never come to meta and they don't know any of the names mentioned here (63 votes ? Wow !). Why ? Because they're here to talk about crypto !
-There are many knowledgeable people here... who don't post on meta. Stop masturbating each others, sending merits to each others and participate to this god damn place. Stop thinking you're the saviors of this place, your contribution is close to zero !

It's quite obvious and takes only a few minutes to identify who is the one-liner here by looking at post history Cheesy

Don't worry about me phaphashita, I'm here to read, learn and have a little fun (mostly reading guys like you), not to get taps on my back (you call that merits am I right ?) from people like you.

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 04:14:15 PM

Sorry little man, I don't know you and don't care about you. I'm just stating facts. Everybody (well the ones who care) knows you're a tool.
Why is ETH's price falling lol ? Seriously ?
I am not going to argue here since you are not acting right however I want to clear this...

I am not sure when did I delete your post (after or before you post it here, I deleted your post from my self mod topic along with many other posts when I noticed them and I responded you when I found out this post here as well using the search which I do very often to see if anyone mentioned me) but I can assure you one thing that I have no Hate for you.

Good luck. Have a nice journey here.

PS: Life is very beautiful and you have it for once. Try to enjoy it a bit.

Thanks

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: