Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:41:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin safer than banking?  (Read 3069 times)
ExpediteStyle201

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:17:29 PM

Bitcoin is safer than banking because day by day bankruptcy are very frequent in every country and robbery also but there is no chances of all this in butcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zabzab9

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:49:04 PM

Reports have it that bank frauds still continue to happen despite of strict security measures being taken by the banks. Just between January to July 2018, just timeshare fraud alone had 1.155 reported cases. It's when you’re told you can go on a free holiday or get rich by joining an exclusive holiday club or timeshare programme, but you’re eventually forced to pay for it through small print in the contact. That is not to mention other types of fraud like identity theft etc.

This gets me thinking, is it safer to just have bitcoins, or cryptocurrencies for that matter since it's not regulated by banks? What do you think?

Definitely Bitcoin is much safer than the banking processes. However, nowadays there is no such thing as 100% safety with regards to the assets of an individual. Thus, we cannot avoid criminality even in a virtual world or in the real world. One thing for us to increase safety is about knowledge which a person should know how transaction and procedures are done in a particular institution. To assure the protection is to acquire learnings about the risk.
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:58:27 PM

Despite the huge statistics of bank fraud mention in the post conventional bank is still safe more than bitcoin wallets to the clients or customers. This is true because every deposit is covered by deposit insurance against any loss or theft. The bottom line is that customers are always paid back their money that is already with the banks if it is stolen or the bank closed down. But incase of Bitcoin there is no such insurance covering. If you lose your wallet it is gone with the fund inside it.
amar786

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:05:36 PM

Yes, It is safer than bank, as It has no physical existence at all and It is totally decentralized and It is very difficult to trace the transaction even hacker,s face many difficulties while tracing.
SventraPapere

Activity: 410

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:17:34 PM

I think, that in our time there is no at all nothing a safe)But between
 Bank and bitcoin, I choose bitcoin.Here at least the annual income is higher.I put the money in the Bank and on the exchange.The exchange has brought in contrast to the Bank a good income.Even though the course is racing.In the future, there will be a serious struggle between these areas.Banks are obsolete.We live in the digital age,so I think bitcoin is the future.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
max fray

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:49:29 PM

Reports have it that bank frauds still continue to happen despite of strict security measures being taken by the banks. Just between January to July 2018, just timeshare fraud alone had 1.155 reported cases. It's when you’re told you can go on a free holiday or get rich by joining an exclusive holiday club or timeshare programme, but you’re eventually forced to pay for it through small print in the contact. That is not to mention other types of fraud like identity theft etc.

This gets me thinking, is it safer to just have bitcoins, or cryptocurrencies for that matter since it's not regulated by banks? What do you think?
If one can't thoroughly read a contract this means he is not competent enough to make ANY kind of a deal.
I would call such an individual a mentally retarded one if I wasn't aware of the persuading power of bank officials.
What I mean, banking is definitely not safer than dealing with crypto - in the latter case you can even more easily be scammed or hacked or whatever.

ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:56:25 PM

Bitcoin can be safer than banking when bitcoin users have a lot of knowledge about how to secure their bitcoin. If they do not know how then it can be ascertained that he/she will lose his bitcoin at a time.

boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:04:11 PM

I think in a sense, yes because the chances for a bank to go into bankruptcy is way lower than the chance of Bitcoin fluctuation causing money loss. At the same time, banks have very low interest rates compared to the amount crypto investment could generate.
cryptograce

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:04:58 PM

bitcoin is in no way safer, in fact, no financial structure is safe, everything is a risk. bitcoin seems to be more profitable.

Lydian Lion
 Rewards for Everyday Activities
http://www.lydian-lion.com
Gozmoc

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:11:28 PM

in all cases, bitcoin is safer than banks, for those that really knows what they are doing.
m_wahid

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:14:34 PM

maybe in my opinion it's a good idea to save some of the money to bitcoin or invest in the crypto world, because the crypto world can make big money fields Grin
doanngocdiep03

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:29:56 PM

Yes, becouse its based on blockchain. Banks can be off at any moment, but millions of other peoples - cant.
Cobrak777

Activity: 224
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:00:25 PM

It is becoming regulated on a lot of countries, and the centralization from some coins is already happening, so i would really doubt that it will be a non-decentralized currency in a near future (if it ever gets no regulated) so lets wait to see what happens.
muddy waters

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:25:39 PM

You can either be scammed by a crypto-related project swearing that all your money will be safe. They all say that if you invest in their mining equipment or their social media tokens you will get an ROI up to %5000 in half of a year. But that's not true - and many such projects have proved to be a scam.

xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:33:02 PM

Bitcoin can not be arrested, confiscated, taxed, inflated.
Bitcoin definitely more safe than banking.

mattujusuruga

Activity: 728
Merit: 48

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:13:43 PM

In my opinion of course bitcoin is safer than bank, because we knowif we save money in bank, bank can still it, and there are many things like that, also our money is reduce and fiat will inflation, but if save money in bitcoin. no one can stell it, Also bitcoin prices always increase, no inflation and will give benefits in future. Bitcoin is future money
BTCHopeful16

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:17:07 PM

Although I like Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. But I still feel keeping money in the bank is safer. No much hacking at least.
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:25:44 PM

Yes, it's true that bitcoin is safer than banks, for example, I want to send money to another country, with bitcoin only takes 5-10 minutes and when sending through the bank many processes must be completed and take days and the security is very bad.
Cloak1

Activity: 623
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:53:09 PM

Maybe for some reasons, bitcoin is safer. Take an example, if we decide to keep our money stored in banks with a third party, then there will always be a chance that our account gets levied. What this means is that governments will implement bail-in-policies which prop failing banks to go after bond holders. This is never going to happen with Bitcoin accounts since no is allowed to touch our money.
bentong talong

Activity: 383

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 10:58:06 PM

Maybe for some reasons, bitcoin is safer. Take an example, if we decide to keep our money stored in banks with a third party, then there will always be a chance that our account gets levied. What this means is that governments will implement bail-in-policies which prop failing banks to go after bond holders. This is never going to happen with Bitcoin accounts since no is allowed to touch our money.
When it comes to the safety, both hve risk. There are points that it is safer when our money is in bank because bank is allowed all over the world while bitcoin is just starting to be legalized worldwide. On the other hand, bitcoin is safe too because there’s no third party involved.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: