Bitcoin Forum
November 29, 2020, 09:18:18 AM *
News: Bitcointalk Community Awards

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HEX] HeisenbergHEX: Too many cooks spoil the broth [UN-updated]  (Read 122823 times)
CallSaul

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:00:07 PM

Oh yeah, and btw - I talked to ThisWeekCoins twitter guy shortly, we can for sure use his services to get some marketing levels as soon as we clear this mess up a bit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
southerncross

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:02:30 PM

Sup guys!?

Whale, I got your PM; nice thoughts, thanks for the initiative guys. I was thinking a lot about this myself, and yeah, well I am constantly in one state of mind - we can make this coin run way better than now.

Well, OK; here's the deal; I myself am interested in trying to make something here, tho, we can't just take over until we like, imho, make final end date before which we should let original people get out and straight about their future involvement (any or none) in this. Not sure, it simply seems OK like that. Tho, I see that already we could read some strong indicators that it might be it's already time to throw this to community, but I can't make decision myself right now is it time or not.

Personally, I got to known Duncan and talked a lot with him (one of the guys from original team) he seems really OK; tho was implying that he alone has little impact on what's going to happen next.
I'd rather this to be clear why it's gonna happen (let's call it community takeover); and it to be a straight move than it to be rushed and violent in nature.

Plus, if we're to do it; we need couple of things being arranged between ourselves, it's defo not gonna be as easy job as it seems, just like that.
I'm aiming at the fact that it's not gonna be possible to do by one man alone, so we all (those who are in) need to team up.

And, if you ask me, we need to be able to trust each other. So, no people who run with 0.23 BTC again can be part of new team Wink
You can imagine - people try, and then someone digs a hole under project out of his interests. It produces frustration and nothing positive, in fact.

Why am I pointing such a potentially bad thing out? Because, if we pull some effort in, we can have a nice 20-40 satoshi coin. But for real. Not 2-4 satoshi.
Forget all those stories how it's hard or impossible, with good community any coin can work, and work superb.

Then, OK; let's get on with the things we can contribute with. I'm gonna throw out some things that cross my mind, feel free to correct me or add up to the list, or share any thoughts you may have:

a) We need C#/C++ familiar guy(s) who can help us out with wallet and things in there - I have no skills in that department, really.
b) We need people interested in playing around in marketing department (one or more) - I know how to lead projects well, but social marketing is not my core strength.
c) We need web guys to handle web things - I can jump in here too because I'm rather handy in that department

d) ??
e) ??

Am I missing anything?

Yeah; the community funds. Well, we also can't expect anyone to work for free too. I mean, let's be honest, ok? If HEX has done anything so far, it's this: you can buy a billion coins (1/8 approx of total mined) for 17 BTC approx. It's insane. So, what I wanna say - it's hard to say who bought what, and that is by all means not something to be debated in public, of course. I only wanted to point out, if there are people who have enough and are willing to work to increase value of their portion of coins, superb! If you have a stack, and would not wanna get your hands dirty with work, but would love to donate, then get ready to give some, to be able to get some.

Also, we would need to chat a bit about what coin should stand for. It's not important for now, it's in next step, tho, if you ask me, we can't go out big if we promote meth Wink Sure, the breaking bad is good wind to the back, but we need to change the thing just a bit for sure. I had this thought: HEX is just about the best abbreviation I've seen, and that alone is a big plus to the project. So, maybe we can put our heads together and leave the low orbit of the "prison", "felony" and "drugs" insinuations.

Here's what I'm gonna do now, I'm gonna make a nice big font sentences:

TODO:

1. TO "OLD / CURRENT" DEV TEAM: Please, get back to us here, by 00:00, 20th March (day and a half from now, about 35h), and state your future involvement.
Fail to do so in given time will result with community take over. Which may happen anyway, unless the news/posts we get are REALLY good. And I mean really good.

2. TO INTERESTED PEOPLE: Please get back to me via PM. You can read out what it's gonna be needed, and if you think you can give it a honest shot, feel free to drop in and let me know.
For those who wish to remain passive community supporters, note here, or don't Wink 

And then, we can use remaining hours to chat a bit, exchange ideas and such.
Also, ppl - if you REALLY think we shouldn't wait longer, let me know here too.

As for myself?
Well, OK; I will ask you for help. I will ask you for donations and fund raising help for various things (not myself). I hate people who give me estimations themselves and then are late to do it, so I'm nasty when it matters and things don't go as planned. I hate cheaters, scammers and filth that some people are on BTCTalk. I hate pump and dump schemes and Wolongs and Fontas kids.

I'm 30, I'm married, and working my ass off every day in IT to make a solid living. I did not came here to do anything but make things work, because I think we can do it. I love good teamwork.
I prefer honesty and real efforts. If you're like that, we'll hit it off just nice.

Stay well!
Saul

Your a Legend Sual, Got to get my kids to bed proper, will be in contact soon Mate
krostue

Activity: 175
Merit: 106

post history is my own and doesn't represent other

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:08:39 PM

Does anyone agree the website MUST be changed/updated to be taken seriously. I have done a few websites in the past that WAY exceed the presentation of this one. Surely someone who does Websites can be hired?? This is a quck template, with some text on the front page.

Time to wake up from your deep sleep Dev  Roll Eyes
^ did you get paid for those GREAT websites?

That was supposed to be me, and I did not get paid.
To tell you the truth I don't have an UNLIMITED amount of FREE time to sit here and play switchboard operator. I tried that for about three weeks now... and have earned myself about $60 That barely covers my out of pocket expenses . ....let alone does that even come close to what my SPENT time is worth.

To tell you the truth (not that any of you really seem to care) this whole thing has gotten me extremely depressed. And yes, I have been pretty much sleeping the entire last few days. To tell you the truth I have not talked or txted or chatted or emailed with ANYONE for the last several days. Not just you users here. My initial delay I was trying to get somethings going with the original team, but I am growing very wary of them. IMHO: They are not concerned with the future of this coin.

My problem is that I was offered payment to help on this project. Then I was not listened to, walked on... and then not paid. For the "community" to just come along and do the same thing is just insult to injury. I have already offered to make improvements on the site, yet CallSaul is the only one who has responded. REALLY aggravating when people come into the thread and without any understanding of what is going on offer to bump me from the project. Yes, I TOO have made "websites in the past that WAY exceed the presentation of this one." This one was going to be nice, until theCook told me to scratch what I had built, cause he already had something on his machine that was better. YES, then the night before release, he posts this template, which I adapted.

What do you want the main page to say in this thread? Do you know the actual math that should be posted?

my specialization is cryptoart and my preffered platform is CounerParty
Feel free to give feedback on the Treatise I wrote. This Gallery includes multiple works made by, with or for me.
for sale: ethereum.training ethereum.contractors ethereum.computer ethereum.systems ethereum.training ethereum.support ethereum.solutions list obo
XXXgames

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:09:35 PM

Saul I see your point maybe the crime aspect of the show is too seedy and leaves out a lot of the potential of the coin and what Heisenberg really represents. Still, bad ass public figures and maybe HEX hotties are not criminal things - just rebellious things that might help us get more popular and build a community

I agree that HEX is a great abbreviation and that there must be some as yet unrealized way to capitalize on that.

I don't agree with Parkole that we need to have these discussions in private - transparency is not a bad thing - and the most important part of any coin is the community around the coin and these debates/discussions show that we have a community who are willing to be in it for the long haul.

Crazy Idea 5: Many of the decisions that Heisenberg made were quite unexpected and innovative ( even if in a criminal way). And the identity of Heisenberg remained a mystery for most - like Hank. So maybe we find a way to marry HEX to the innovative things in the world and the mysterious things in the world. We could flip the Most Wanted concept on its head and have a HEX Most Wanted page on the new website where we offer free HEX to people who have recently made any type of innovative contributions to the world such as scientific, artistic, musical or whatever. We could use a HEX voting system to nominate them and vote for them. These people probably would not claim their prizes in which case we could roll them over but it would help us build a community and perhaps get us press...

PartyVids

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:15:30 PM

I vote Saul to be the new leader. He contributed a lot to this coin. We are moving faster thanks to him.

Yes  Cool
XXXgames

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:19:24 PM

I think you summed it up Krostue as to why it is time for this coin to move on from the original team - for one thing I think they have posted like 3 comments lol- And Krostue it sounds like a crappy situation you are in - But there is a lot of energy here to move the coin forward. If you have some coins you should hold them because in the future they will be worth more and you will be rewarded for your early work on this project...
HEISENAIR

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:26:13 PM

Sorry for the shit situation they put you in Krostue.

This further enforces a new team needs to get on board. Then maybe guys like Krostue can be rewarded for their efforts. It takes a "team" effort for this to work. Obviously the original team just "aint got the goods!!"
CallSaul

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:34:39 PM

Well, OK; lemme share what I think;

230 mil premine was lost and suddenly all stopped. Which, sorry (REALLY SORRY), seems like there were no so good intentions behind the pre-mine anyway.
Seriously, I mean, like - if there was anything after that coming from the Cook, I'd say - OK; this guy is straight and things will work out. Tho, it never happened.
Looks like guy is crying in the corner about the pre-mine lost, really.

Which kinda makes me wonder what was in his head before start? Dump at 10 sat, x 230 mil = 23 BTC and THEN run?
Not sure, but the general attitude of some from original team makes me feel unpleasant about my personal stake in this.
I'm not doing FUD but simply stating the obvious.

BUT we will NOT focus on those things anymore! It makes no difference anymore and frankly, it's water under bridge.

Krostue, my friend, nobody's trying to push you out. Tho, if you will keep waiting for the instructions, then obviously you cannot pull things by yourself. And at this point, proactive and motivated people can pull something out, not those who still resent what was done in past.
Don't hate me for saying it like that, but it sure as hell seems like it. I am sorry that things were done that way in the beginning, but nobody active on this thread now is to blame.
It sucks, but really, what to do now? Forget it!

Are you interested in staying here with the new things in motion? Perhaps do your web magic in new way?
I can for sure give you back your 10 mil from faucet, if it helps. That was a big donation, I'm sure faucet will be fine with only 1-2 mil in.

And IRC was good suggestion purely because it's faster then here. Tho, if most feel like here is good place to discuss, I have no issues with that, nothing to hide or to be ashamed with.

On the other note, NICE! We started something now, communication is up, try not to expect anything in few days people, but we're rolling back, I'm glad to see so.
In couple of weeks we can prove to outside world how a good community is most important, for sure.

Oh and btw, XXXgames has some cool ideas that can be worked with.
Here's my twist as a personal ide, maybe you can work in that direction: HEX can be used as well to fund projects that keep people OFF drugs and crime.
Like, education projects, or rehabilitation projects. Just a thought.

p.s.
I got some PM's, people you rock! I'll get back to you each, but slowly (360 secs post rule lol), thanks for the great interest. Keep em coming!
southerncross

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:45:18 PM

Kostrue has done nothing but good for the coin so far. Don't shit on people that have been a help to you already and are only asking for help to keep things moving. Who else here is paying out of their own pocket to keep things moving ?

don't become asses people.
CallSaul

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:53:00 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 02:10:46 PM by CallSaul

don't become asses people.

+1

We are all at same level, probably, way I see it.
@Krostue: I think it can be read out from this last few pages, if there is a will on your side too, you're very welcome to be apart.
I mean, I don't suppose one can blame community for trying to do something, and things are actually pretty clear.
And don't get depressed so easily. Really, it's gonna work out. Keep head up and help, or don't but then be straight about it. Nobody will blame you if you back down, but you're more than welcome to jump in.
While at that, is there anything you can share with us? Like, are there people in original dev team that are still up for something aside yourself?
Which roles are we missing to get complete team? Stuff like that.

Furthermore, other questions:

1. Do we have the current domain, or is it in hands of the old dev? There is nothing hopeless if it's with old dev, I can dig out pretty cool domain name(s) and host it.
2. New thread? I'm thinking it's not a question of choice much, if we don't have the control over this one (OP), we need to go that way. Tho, I remember Krostue having access, so that might work well then.

Those are some things we can think about until we get final green light to go.

placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:09:25 PM

I believe it is very simple

Vote for Hex on mintpal!!! Get it listed on a bigger exchange...
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:12:19 PM

Wondering...

I'm going to crimea to the tatarian population, maybe we can link HEX to support the tatarian population of crimea? Put it in the spotlight, but i don't know how we can support it. I was thinking to create a donation address where people can drop their HEX coins, but then what do you with them? People don't need HEX coins at the moment, they are afraid, and poor, so they need real money to buy sucker, milk, chocolates.
HEISENAIR

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:14:28 PM

Whilst I agree, the fundamentals have to be in place with a good DEV. If it launches now, it will only reach a FRACTION of it's real worth. Better to spend a few weeks really nailing this and getting everything in order. Then start expanding to bigger exchanges.
CallSaul

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:15:32 PM

There is a tiny fail part in this possible outcome, talking from this time and place. Unless you're referring to this as some of the future steps.
See, getting on mintpal will be as same as cryptorush at the moment. Simply because at the moment, there is NO infrastructure.

IF we're talking about week or two or even double from that, which is anyway likely to happen by the current vote rate - then we might have something.
Make no mistake - coin being on exchange with no inside development is as good as dead.

Basically, +1 on what HEISENAIR said.
XXXgames

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:27:06 PM

Wondering...

I'm going to crimea to the tatarian population, maybe we can link HEX to support the tatarian population of crimea? Put it in the spotlight, but i don't know how we can support it. I was thinking to create a donation address where people can drop their HEX coins, but then what do you with them? People don't need HEX coins at the moment, they are afraid, and poor, so they need real money to buy sucker, milk, chocolates.

You are going to Crimea? Where are you from? Maybe if you could get one local grocery store to accept HEX that would be enough. Donations could come in worldwide bc it is very easy to get HEX and then send it to a Tatarian HEX donation spot. Tatarians could claim their HEX by...we'll we would have to figure that out. Do they use computer cafés or do they have their own computers? We could makes slogans like Heisenberg takes on Putin or HEX for Progress or something like that.

Connecting HEX with a relief effort would be good promotion...
XXXgames

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:31:14 PM

Charities often keep 90% of the donations for administrative costs but moving money with cryptocurrency is easier - if HEX could do this much more efficiently and say get 100% of the donation to the people this could make us quite we'll known quickly. Also it would be in the best interest for a grocery store in Crimea to accept HEX bc it would get them more business...
thesociableme

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 03:03:13 PM

I forked the original source before they did some updates on the 9th... 

So if you need it...   here is my copy of the original source.... 

https://github.com/theSociableme/HeisenbergHex

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆  New AltCoin Dice Site | BoomDice  |  Currently Beta Testing  ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
CallSaul

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:07:22 PM

I forked the original source before they did some updates on the 9th... 

So if you need it...   here is my copy of the original source.... 

https://github.com/theSociableme/HeisenbergHex

Awesome!!!
Can you perhaps tell what was done on the 9th vs the original source?
Is that the one with HBX (and not HEX)?

I noted few things that wallet could use as bugfix. I noticed it syncs at first, then it shows as not synced, but in background it syncs anyway.
Weird but true. Also, some changes might be good for the wallet itself. Not speaking about blockchain tho.
whale123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:30:18 PM

Saul, where are we on coinedup issue?

placebo
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:32:58 PM

Wondering...

You are going to Crimea? Where are you from? Maybe if you could get one local grocery store to accept HEX that would be enough. Donations could come in worldwide bc it is very easy to get HEX and then send it to a Tatarian HEX donation spot. Tatarians could claim their HEX by...we'll we would have to figure that out. Do they use computer cafés or do they have their own computers? We could makes slogans like Heisenberg takes on Putin or HEX for Progress or something like that.

Connecting HEX with a relief effort would be good promotion...

I'm from Belgium, but yes, i'm going to crimea, don't know when as i was there a few weeks ago... maybe next month or so. Interesting, i can in fact have a little chat with some local grocery store in crimea. My russian is not that great but i have someone that speaks Tatars, so that fix the problem easily.

Just thinking how i will plan it, as it is nice to help tatarian population, but HEX coin owners also want some results... they want to see their coin price moving higher and higher, so we somehow need to hit the news papers...
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: