Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:35:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HEX] HeisenbergHEX: Too many cooks spoil the broth [UN-updated]  (Read 123090 times)
kskwerl

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:17:01 PM

First person to post their Hex wallet address I will send 3.1M Hex
TcTzFVDEBK4Z5x6sYmfTRCbXTEuzewvHg7

its going to this guy, already sent

http://imgur.com/ul0cCKE

You don't believe that HEX will be successful?

no and i also don't care that took me like 45 minutes to mine

I can barely get a connection on the wallet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:20:05 PM

You had 3.1M in 45 mins??? I need to mine one day for it
Goattrading

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:40:14 PM

Right on for Mulde!

Iam surprised your having wallet syncing issues. I havent had 1 issue with the windows wallet. It has to be a network issue...
Which wallet are yo using Kskwerl?

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
HEISENAIR

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:50:01 PM

Right on for Mulde!

Iam surprised your having wallet syncing issues. I havent had 1 issue with the windows wallet. It has to be a network issue...

I get the impression he's given up on HEX.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:18:31 PM

Right on for Mulde!

I get the impression he's given up on HEX.

Who the owner? then he just need to find another person that want to run it, you cannot play with people money like that. Why are owners not doing any effort in promoting their coins?
CallSaul

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:31:39 PM

Sup guys?

Well, I'm back, hands tied in much work, not all is for HEX, tho I'll be around for a while. I'll post another post a bit later, Krostue was requesting some ideas for the OP; I don't think it's an issue if we keep it public.

BTW, I also don't get it - about the wallets. I synced fine two on local computers and one on server just fine. Tho, it worries me a bit. I mean, all these people can't be just like, what, tech noobs too much? Sounds a bit off, so PERHAPS we should also note in any future plan: to get someone with good C++ skills (or whichever are needed if not that alone) to check up on that code.
Wallet releases are not so much market sexy stuff, but do tend to provide good infrastructure to other efforts.

And yeah, the Socialbleme asked for some help, guy is trying to do something very cool and not much coins have it, so if there is indeed anyone who can help him at these stuff (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502589.msg5766826#msg5766826), it would be appreciated. I understand the current value of the coin, but you have my word, you will get a good bounty for your efforts. We all need to work together now, and non tech / large holders part of community can always help by simply sharing some HEX to other causes. Thanks Smiley

Goattrading

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:38:35 PM

Sup guys?

Well, I'm back, hands tied in much work, not all is for HEX, tho I'll be around for a while. I'll post another post a bit later, Krostue was requesting some ideas for the OP; I don't think it's an issue if we keep it public.

Have you sent a message to the HEX people yet about our interest in hearing from them or community take over?
It might be a good idea to hold off on changing anything until we hear either way from the current HEX folks. Follow your time frame of the 20th,,, also would be unfortunate to have Krostue do more work then have HEX folks come back with a great plan(wishful thinking) and remove it...
Thoughts?

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:48:14 PM

I've just create a twitter account for helpnig Crimea Tatars. Trying to get a few people as followers to spread the word.

https://twitter.com/helptatars
XXXgames

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:05:29 PM

I've just create a twitter account for helpnig Crimea Tatars. Trying to get a few people as followers to spread the word.

THIS IS AWESOME PLACEBO NICE WORK!!!

When the new website goes up (if there is a new website) there needs to be a page displaying that HEX can be used to support the Crimean Tartars and also explaining the plight of Crimean Tartars in a Russian controlled Crimea
userpacman1

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:11:13 PM

Saul, where are we on coinedup issue?

Good question. I was not directly involved in coinedup.com matters, really. I had this idea I was trying to pull out for total number of coins, tho, that didn't go well that much on my side.

Here's the thing:

To be able to run full real time coin number, it's impossible to do from wallet alone.
So, you basically need to dump one block at the time, to get total coins in some sort of DB, then, when current block approx is reached, you can only pull out new ones and make it readable in real time.

Now, I've tried to do that with PHP; but best speed I can pull out is like, 2 dumps (block) per second at most, plus, PHP has no persistent memory and is simply not best choice for this.
Aside pools, as MPOS does run on PHP/MySQL, tho they update their blocks in real time and have started way earlier.

So, these are two options, actually 3:

1. Any pool owner could pass me the DB dump of that table only with blocks. That would make my work WAY LOT HELL easier as I'd be able to jump to almost latest blocks and do things easy.
I can of course connect my daemon to that DB then and post it on faucet sub-address to be readable, and to work with both DB and real time wallet blockchain info to keep things accurate.

2. If anyone can make a QUICK SMALL C++ code that would pull out that, basically the program should just have to pull out RPC data for one block each second and dump it in some kind of DB (preferably something that can be then exported for web usage under LAMP). Or JAVA, basically anything that can use threads and iterate simple tasks, I think.

3. If all else fails in shorter time, let's say until tomorrow at midnight, I can then try to go do it manually with what I have in PHP; but it is a bitch, trust me. I can't trust PHP script to do process iteration jobs without cron and even then it's a bitch again.

Regarding any solutions, I already got needed RPC code to get each block data, only thing missing is a good "worker program" do to it.

Anyway, I may have misread your question, if it's about getting up on coinedup, I think, especially now with new things moving, we should give it just a bit more time. Let's say a week, for sure.
There's still a lot of other basics that need to be covered here before we can move on. I'm merely trying to point out tactics in which we don't get burned with going out to more exchanges with coin in this condition. Seems logical to me.

Sorry man I'm just back. Provide me a mail address and I will mail the file you need.
CallSaul

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:12:33 PM

Sup guys?

Have you sent a message to the HEX people yet about our interest in hearing from them or community take over?
It might be a good idea to hold off on changing anything until we hear either way from the current HEX folks. Follow your time frame of the 20th,,, also would be unfortunate to have Krostue do more work then have HEX folks come back with a great plan(wishful thinking) and remove it...
Thoughts?

I DID JUST NOW; duh :/ Cheesy
Sent you tip for reminding me of what I forgot to do this afternoon.

I got one email contact, and I've sent it. Tho, thread is also publicly accessible.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:15:29 PM

When the new website goes up (if there is a new website) there needs to be a page displaying that HEX can be used to support the Crimean Tartars and also explaining the plight of Crimean Tartars in a Russian controlled Crimea

It is just a start.... need to create a nice network via twitter, then arrange my trip to Crimea. I've someone that speaks Tatarian, so just need to get the right newspapers in this game. So i will check with my local resource if she knows some news papers and if they are interested in the story around HEX and Crimea Tatars.
whale123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:22:05 PM

I think that our number one priority is second exchange.
Imagine Cryptorush disappearing suddenly (like many exchanges recently did, even the well known ones).
Of course it is really unwise to keep your coins on the exchange. You should keep them in your wallet, because exchanges disappear with your coins VERY often. NEVER have your coins at the exchange unless you are buying/selling at this specific moment.
Some people might lose the coins (I hope that only few of them have active orders right now) but the coin will loose it's only exchange. So second exchange is our priority.

placebo
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:24:31 PM

I think that our number one priority is second exchange.
Imagine Cryptorush disappearing suddenly (like many exchanges recently did, even the well known ones).
Of course it is really unwise to keep your coins on the exchange. You should keep them in your wallet, because exchanges disappear with your coins VERY often. NEVER have your coins at the exchange unless you are buying/selling at this specific moment.
Some people might lose the coins (I hope that only few of them have active orders right now) but the coin will loose it's only exchange. So second exchange is our priority.

Correct.so VOTE

https://www.mintpal.com/voting!!!!

whale123

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:25:47 PM

Mintpal - we can Vote.
Coinedup - we are waiting for Saul's magic.
Other exchanges?

Goattrading

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:37:59 PM

Sup guys?

Thoughts?

I DID JUST NOW; duh :/ Cheesy
Sent you tip for reminding me of what I forgot to do this afternoon.

I got one email contact, and I've sent it. Tho, thread is also publicly accessible.

Wow thank you.
We have added a lot of pages and as inactive as the HEX folks are I didnt want them to not see it.

― H.P. Lovecraft
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:38:18 PM

It is just a start.... need to create a nice network via twitter, then arrange my trip to Crimea. I've someone that speaks Tatarian, so just need to get the right newspapers in this game. So i will check with my local resource if she knows some news papers and if they are interested in the story around HEX and Crimea Tatars.

So guys if you have a few coins left then you can donate it to: Ts9PUfX6Hwt8j7T7FzpducK6orqFFVACFs

Of course ALL coins will go to the tatarian population!!! Still working out how to do this... maybe starting with the new bird children, every child that is bird get x number of coins, and those coins they can use at local stores. So i somehow also need to find several stores that want to accepted HEX coins.
aburgos502

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:01:41 AM

hey guys I want to solo mine, but have no clue how, miner is on windows with cgminer, and wallet is on another computer. don't know how to set cgminer for this....... 50K of blue rocks for help
krostue

Activity: 186
Merit: 120

post history is my own and doesn't represent other

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 07:37:23 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDi0IihxfBA

my first musical NFT on namecoin m/eow was registered in 2014. my specialization is cryptoart and my preferred platform is CounterParty Feel free to give feedback on the Treatise on cyproart I wrote in 2019, well before the NFT hype-train pulled into town. This Gallery includes multiple works made by, with or for me. for sale @ ethereum.properties : ethereum.training ethereum.contractors ethereum.computer ethereum.systems ethereum.training ethereum.support ethereum.solutions list obo
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:02:10 AM

I really would URGE people to vote on

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

HEX is even not trading at 1 sats.... so lets put some power behind this coin, lets try to achieve something here... at this moment everybody waste their electricity, make sure that your electricity cost is covered by a nice move higher of HEX.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: