Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:20:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will The ICO Platform Be Dead Soon?  (Read 119 times)
CryptoBry (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:39:23 AM

We know how many billions of money have already been invested into many ICO project both good and bad in the past many years and up to now there is still a great interest shown by many "investors" on this crowdfunding scheme. But we also know that many (in fact the majority of them) turn out to be not profitable to hold...the tokens and coins don't appreciate in time they in fact depreciated horribly based on their ICO price. In the eyes of a good investor, this can be a fatal mistake and personally I experienced the same thing as many of the tokens i bought a year ago are now just 10-20% of the value at their highest. The big mistake I made is holding them...I should have unloaded them when they reached the peak. I was just an innocent buyer back then and I am not alone on this regard...this is in fact the same scenario why many buyers in 2017 are already gone in 2018 they felt the heat and might take time for them to go back to the world of cryptocurrency investing and trading. I saw no changes in the current ICO situation and I am seeing a slow death here unless something can be done..but I don't what that something can be.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tterrorpipa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 05:40:09 AM

It will be impossible for the ICO platform to get dissolved. Because most of the projects don't have the enough resources to run a full running product. They need to have some money to complete their working product.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:26:32 AM

It might be, they are starting to take in less and less money which is not good, there are now so many scam icos that people are taking out their money and refusing to invest due to fear of being scammed of their money, so if it continues like this and people stop investing then one day there is no longer going to be any more icos
Webberson

Activity: 588
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 05:42:07 AM

Cryptocurrency, being a new initiative give rises to different kinds of coins and for a coin to be ushered into the market requires some level of awareness which is created on the ICO platform. Cryptocurrency has not been fully adopted and so, the ICO platform will not be dying anytime soon.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:44:32 AM

100% premining an altcoin has been considered a scam and the projects have always been shitcoins. but that didn't kill premining altcoins ever. the same with ICOs, they are all scams and the tokens they create are shitcoins but that won't kill them because their livelihood depends on how many people are still investing in them and are greedy enough to close their eyes on all the issues they have. that doesn't mean they will always continue to be the big thing though. for example this year we can see how the number of them has dropped drastically leading to huge dumps in ICO platform tokens such as ETH price.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:18:45 PM

I do not think that the funding scheme known as ICO will disappear, because it has proven to be very useful in making this capitalization scheme accessible to the masses, but I have no doubt that the current system must evolve, and there must be a stricter regulation to protect investors from any possible fraud as we have seen so far, so I believe that measures such as KYC are an appropriate step towards that protection.

However, to the extent that the crypto market is falling to attract institutional investments and only speculators have been interested in put their money here, it is highly likely that this current tendency continues for long, which would mean a gradual decay in the ICO industry.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: