Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:54:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking kills the cryptocurrency market  (Read 4427 times)
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:41:02 PM

Fortunately i haven't been hacked yet or had my funds stolen from an exchange that has been hacked. However, i have been scammed by participating in fraudulent bounties where they project team walks away. Now i am more careful about which project i should support
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Utyg

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:41:38 PM

I'm lucky I've never been deceived in the last year. Thanks to the attention and discretion, I have many times noticed the machinations of scammers.  The most important thing you need to carefully read what you click. And I please ask you less likely to open their wallets. Be careful .
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:07:54 PM

Don't use centralized exchanges if you don't want them to get hacked and lose your coins. If you must use them maybe use the established ones and those that will refund you if they get hacked.

Learn to use DEX.
Have you ever heard people losing coins on decentralized exchanges?  I think there are few stories on it but still, not sure how credible the stories are or maybe they aren't true Decentralized Exchange. True DEX does not supposed to hold funds for users, I guess.
kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:30:30 PM

I Agree with you that Hacking is the big obstacles for the cryptocurrency. For several hacking crypto markets can't start the bull market. 2 Days ago, ETH went to the 242 USD, But after Japanese exchange hacked and 59 Million USD stolen. After then crypto market dumped again and ETH went to 212 USD again. I have faced one exchange hacking incident and that was bancor, Bancor exchange was hacked and stolen 23 Million USD  a few months ago, but my funds were safe and everyone's funds were safe there.

sergey_vass

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:59:21 PM

I did not come across scammers, but my friends lost a lot of money because of them, you need to be very careful and cautious in the world of cryptocurrency
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:10:56 PM

People getting hacked and losing their coins is honestly one of the major problems that we face as a community when it comes to cryptos. Which is why it is important for us to always make sure that our coins are very well secured when we are holding them. Always use all available security measures that are put in place to make sure that your wallet is safe
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:28:06 PM

Hacking is one of the biggest obstacles to the cryptocurrency market.
1- Ever been hacked?
2- Lost your coins in an exchange hacking?
3-Did the exchange pay you back for lost coins?

Please share your story, and give some TIPS on how to avoid being hacked.

one of my firends hitbtc account was hacked and hacker stole the 900$ by the trading. he dumped his coins to my firend and then purchased back the coins in cheap the specific coin. he use the bots to steal the money rather than tranfering the btc to an address.  CEX are more exposed to the hacker than the DEX. in the near future DEX will be more commonly used exchanges than the CEX

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:28:24 PM

1- Ever been hacked?

I have never been hacked and I think that the main reason why that has never happened to me is because as soon as I knew that I will use cryptocurrencies I installed Linux as my operative system and I have stopped using Windows since then, you cannot store your coins in an operative system that has so many backdoors because sooner or later you're going to lose your money and that is something I do not want to go through.
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:01:30 PM

You can see when the shock of the hack was hacked tens to hundreds of millions of dollars, but the value of Bitcoin and the altcoin is not much affected, I do not think the current hacker can influence to the market
avonka

Activity: 512

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:09:10 PM

I were holding funds on several exchanges which were hacked. Fortunately, my funds were not affected with the hack. I hold on exchanges only the coins for trading and the rest I am storing on  a hard wallet. Lesson learned.
Incodium Coin (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 141

API-Based Smart Contract Solution For Exch Hacking

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 06:51:31 AM

I were holding funds on several exchanges which were hacked. Fortunately, my funds were not affected with the hack. I hold on exchanges only the coins for trading and the rest I am storing on  a hard wallet. Lesson learned.

You were quite fortunate. Not many people are, many people lost thousand worth in coins.

INCODIUM, API-BASED SMART CONTRACT SOLUTION FOR EXCHANGE HACKING.
A risk management protocol that implements fast and accurate compensation functions on behalf of investors who are victims of an exchange hacking incident.

NOW LISTED ON: BITMART Exchange
                         : LaToken Exchange

INCO EVENT ON 7TH NOV. 2018 in Seoul, South Korea.
spaso_87

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 07:26:54 AM

hacker does indeed start smart enough to get into a wallet and paved lots of coins. I don't want that to happen to me and certainly be vigilant in this respect is the most important thing. any exchanges will not be concerned with the loss happened because it's not their responsibility fully.
Incodium Coin (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 141

API-Based Smart Contract Solution For Exch Hacking

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 07:42:05 AM

hacker does indeed start smart enough to get into a wallet and paved lots of coins. I don't want that to happen to me and certainly be vigilant in this respect is the most important thing. any exchanges will not be concerned with the loss happened because it's not their responsibility fully.

Definitely, l have not heard stories or reports of people who actually got paid by exchanges when they lost their coins after exchanges were hacked. l hope to read some stories about that

INCODIUM, API-BASED SMART CONTRACT SOLUTION FOR EXCHANGE HACKING.
A risk management protocol that implements fast and accurate compensation functions on behalf of investors who are victims of an exchange hacking incident.

NOW LISTED ON: BITMART Exchange
                         : LaToken Exchange

INCO EVENT ON 7TH NOV. 2018 in Seoul, South Korea.
d2s4

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:06:30 AM

I support this idea so much. It is a really important problem which could have serious effects in the future and these effects won't be positive absolutely.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
irsada

Activity: 994
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 08:18:42 AM

hacking will not kill the crypto market that has so many users in it.
I personally have never experienced anything like that, I hope that I have never experienced it, always be careful when accessing an invalid internet.
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:30:41 AM

Once I lost money because of my own stupidity. I visited the Etherdelta website, but my antivirus denied access to it and then I added it to the list of exceptions, and I regretted about it later. In the end, I got on a phishing site and lost all my money.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:33:55 PM

It does damage on the market because people panic when someone like hacks into their accounts which of course if a beginner heard that news his mindset will be to sell it because that's what most of the people is doing but having like a ledger which makes your coins much more safe is crucial when holding thousands worth of coins.
VeeraS

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:17:44 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

there will always be a big effect if there is hacking on exchange, but it is different from individual action. it will not make the cryptocurrency market turbulent. however, most cases of hacking occur due to the user's negligence
clipto

Activity: 311

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:21:35 AM

You are totally right. Luckily I wasn't hacked, but such actions are killing the whole industry. When investors and newbies hear about another hacker attack, they are losing their interest to join the crypto market. We need more safety.
maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:28:09 AM

1- Ever been hacked?

I have never experienced hacking because I always prioritize security from all virus attacks such as phishing and torjan. This is quite effective if you install security, because hacking is usually a random target. different from the stock hacking, such as the ethdelta case which was allegedly via the network on the PC device and Google DNS. difficult to explain in detail, but the point is self-security
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: