Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:59:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any bots in BCT accounts?  (Read 186 times)
gellany32 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:49:00 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 04:08:43 PM by gellany32

I have read the telegram channel of an ICO project accusing that there are bots in the BCT forum and does on their telegram channel doing posts that are scripted running on the forum. This is the reason why the team is conducting the bounty hunters to do KYC. So if the team had known some truth behind this bots in the BCT forum I wonder how many bots I was able to encounter and had done a conversation with them in the forum. So far from the experience i had from threads i reply most of the time there are comments having some few words and most of it are generic which means it could apply to all threads when posted. There are really genius people nowadays!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:57:03 AM

I'm not completely sure about bots, but it's probably more of account farmers(people with 5+ accounts) than bots that they're trying to prevent from joining their bounty campaign. While I really don't like KYC at all, that's probably one effective way for them to prevent people with lots of accounts joining their campaign.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
fusanti4455

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:33:11 AM

and sometimes farmers do fraudulent things when they follow gift articles. they steal the BCT profile link from other people and enter their own articles. because there are many cases that I see like that and many other fraud cases and KYC solutions
fryzer

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:34:18 AM

You can have several accounts but you can't (you can but it is prohibited) use them in bounties, you can sell it to other users for money.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3592

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 06:52:07 AM

There are some scam ICOs that use these bots as an argument to get your docs "KYC," I do not recommend sending any documents unless you know and guarantee that project "known team, have plans,..etc.".

Many people have more than one account[1] to participate in more than one campaign and thus increase their profits "scam using alts." also, some use scripts which can post simple words[2] like good project, excellent, thanks,..etc.

[1] Known Alts of any-one - A User Generated List Mk III (2018 Q3)
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=recent;patrol

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:36:25 AM

I have read in the telegram channel of the ICO project which i am going to onveat and it says that the team requirea the bounty hunter to do KYC because there are many bots being joined on their campaigns. So if the team accusing of the likes of this event meaning there are bots in the BCT forum? I wonder how many bots i encountered and doing conversation with them here in the forum. So far from the experience i had from threads i reply most of the time there are comments having some few words and most of it are generic which means it could apply to all threads when posted.

Obviously there are, and there are probably multiple types of bots, whether bots that are made to purely spam the forum, or if they are in a signature campaign and using a bot to generate their posts. All of these are possible and have happened in the past.

Your concern here is mostly on the KYC that you have to submit.

I think that when it comes to your personal information, the best policy is to not submit anything if possible. If you don't know who's going to be handling your data and they are forcing you to hand it over, which is something that I wouldn't be comfortable with - don't join it.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:41:26 AM

I have read in the telegram channel of the ICO project which i am going to onveat and it says that the team requirea the bounty hunter to do KYC because there are many bots being joined on their campaigns.
they just make it up as a reason, ultimately they are just collecting personal data
if bots are their concerns, there are other ways to filter out bots and fraudulent participants
what stop a registrant from using multiple stolen/fake ids to register on their campaigns?
I'm pretty sure they don't have access or ability to check the authenticity of submitted ids

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: