Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:37:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NENG]Nengcoin - A Decentralized Multi-Rig Solo Mining Scrypt Coin  (Read 45931 times)
honglu69 (OP)

Activity: 1546
Merit: 23

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 06:18:49 AM

NENG or WNENG faucets is running at:
https://main.southxchange.com/Balance/Faucet

go and grab some small number of coins for free there.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 07:57:02 PM

shoreline_lt_chart: NENG/DOGE Three Year Candlestick Chart released

Historical three year candlestick price chart of NENG/DOGE trading in ShorelineCrypto exchange was released at:

https://github.com/ShorelineCrypto/shoreline_lt_chart

3 log scale candlestick charts and 3 google charts in pdf files can be viewed directly in browser in above github link. You can also download the software release which includes the raw data source
and 6 pdf files.

If you are comfortable to play with R programming language, you can customize to any plots using the raw data source and the provided NENG example R codes.

What is shoreline_lt_chart?
This is sets of method and R scripts to plot any cryptocurrency cancelstick price chart over long period of time (3Y chart for NENG). Here we mainly showcase two methods of plotting Nengcoin (NENG) NENG/DOGE price since Sept. 2018 using raw data from ShorelineCrypto exchange history database records.

• Download raw data from exchange back-end server
  • R plotting for candlestick in windows/macOS/linux
  • Candlestick log scale chart vs Google Linear chart
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2021, 04:41:13 PM

Both NENG and WNENG are Listed at Coinpaprika

NENG and WNENG both are listed and tracked at Coinparika. Here is web URL:
https://coinpaprika.com/coin/neng-nengcoin/
https://coinpaprika.com/coin/wneng-wrapped-nengcoin/

Coinpaprika has mobile app too at google store ( I think apple store too), the name is "COINS"  in google app. Confirm here that I can track NENG and WNENG in COINS app in my android phone.

Just noticed that Coinpaprika track WNENG  at pancakeswap too. So  for WNENG, both trading price at  southXchange and pancakeswap are tracked.
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 05:03:04 PM

Mobile Mining 1 Year Anniv - NENG Beat ETN by 25x

Nengcoin (NENG) roughly started android phone mining revolution in summer of 2020, roughly 1 year ago.  On July 11, 2020 I wrote a report on the coming android phone feature upgrade for the NENG coin on v1.4.x branch:
https://github.com/ShorelineCrypto/NewEnglandCoin/releases/download/NENG_2020_Q3_report/NENG_2020_Q3_report.pdf

In this above v1.4.x report, I compared Electroneum (ETN) fake mobile mining vs Nengcoin (NENG) real mobile mining on features and tech level, what interesting was that I also put out market cap of NENG using shorelinecrypto doge pair trading price then verses ETN,  $2.55K USD verses $58 million USD market cap.  1 year later,  using LiveCoinWatch where both NENG and ETN are listed,  NENG market cap rose roughly 100x to $246k USD while ETN market cap rose 4x to $243 million USD.

Market cap on USD is highly correlated to price change.  To be fair ETN rising 4 times in one year is not that a shabby number. But NENG is significantly better, beating ETN performance hands down.  Just on market cap number,  investors hodling NENG would beat ETN by 25 times in one year time frame!

What is more important, Electroneum trades at 243 million USD market cap today, while Nengcoin trades today at 246k USD market cap today.  Nengcoin (NENG) real phone mining is significantly a better coin than Electroneum (ETN) fake mobile mining on tech or valuation level. There is no reason that ETN should trade at higher valuation level than Nengcoin considering other important factors such as decentralization all in favor of Nengcoin.  We still have 1000x more to catch up!
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 06:53:34 PM

Price Quote/Chart at Nomics Listed and Tracked

Nomics is another popular quote/chart site. Both NENG and WNENG are listed:

NENG
https://nomics.com/assets/neng-nengcoin

WNENG
https://nomics.com/assets/wneng-wrappednengcoin
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2021, 05:46:18 AM

NENG/CHTA is listed and tracked at coincheckup
CoinCheckup is really good, feel like coin market cap layout. This feels like better than coincodex for me. All the market cap are tracked correctly for NENG and CHTA

Nengcoin: https://coincheckup.com/coins/nengcoin

Cheetahcoin: https://coincheckup.com/coins/cheetahcoin

honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2021, 08:13:39 PM

Nengcoin uses a proof-of-work algorithm with enhanced features to protect against 51% attack. What are those enhanced features?

This is very good question, this is mainly for Nengcoin (NENG), not for Wrapped Nengcoin (WNENG).  The short answer is the new CPU and Mobile mining technology that never existed before Nengcoin offers this new 51% protection.  The 51% protection enhanced feature mainly come from CPU miners on PC/Mac/Chromebook or mobile CPU miners on android phone.

Please be aware that Nengcoin is a clone of litecoin,  but litecoin is mainly a ASIC mining coin.  Nengcoin is a scrypt coin,  mostly mined by ASIC miners, but controled by CPU miners on PC/phones.  Put this way, if 100% of CPU miners on NENG protest and  strike for a day with no CPU mining (this is not very likely case, just hypothetical case),  NENG blockchain most likely will be frozen, shut down, no matter how many ASIC try and mine with tons of hash rate throwing at NENG, it will most likely be shut down.  That is why this coin is CPU/mobile mining centered coin even though majority of mining profit goes to ASICs on scrypt.

For details of this works on tech level, checkout the v1.5.x branch upgrade pdf report above. That report can be served as technical white paper for Nengcoin.  

Here is link:
NENG core v1.5.x Hardfork Proposal, Soft Name Change
https://github.com/ShorelineCrypto/NewEnglandCoin/releases/download/proposal_v1.5/NENG_v1.5.x_Hardfork_Proposal.pdf
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2021, 12:40:04 AM

Nengcoin Mining Video Bounty

Announced in Nengcoin discord annoucement channel by community leaders:
RedRaider10 | [🥉] — Today at 8:05 PM
Hello @NENGsters,

The community ambassadors has a new bounty starting now! The reason for this bounty is that our latest videos on how to mine NENG is quite not as up to date with 2021. So producing these videos would help the community and newcomers with a visual guide on how to mine Nengcoin. On top of that, there are juicy bounty rewards in the form of Nengcoin and Cheetahcoin.

Here are the Bounties and Rewards:

- Windows Mining tutorial video Reward: 4 million NENG
- Mining tutorial video on Android Reward: 6 million NENG
- Linux mining tutorial video Reward: 5 million NENG
- MacOS mining tutorial video Reward: 5 million NENG
- Dual mining on Android tutorial video Reward: 6 million NENG + 2 million CHTA
- Mining pool NENG tutorial video Reward: 4 million NENG

To receive your rewards:

1. Publish your bounty content on YouTube.
2. Link it in the bounty-submission-only  channel.
3. Post your Nengcoin wallet address and if required, post your Cheetahcoin wallet address if you completed a bounty with CHTA rewards in the bounty-submission-only channel.
I'll be sending your rewards.

You can check it out on the bounty-board!

Thanks and stay safe,
-@KhomradeKat | [🥇🥈🥉] | [:first_place::second_place::third_place:] | []

Reddit same announcement:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nengcoin/comments/pjmzb3/nengcoin_mining_bounty_is_open/

honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2021, 03:41:51 PM

Nengcoin is listed and tracked at CoinRanking

CoinRanking is another popular USD price chart and quote site.

Nengcoin is listed and tracked at CoinRanking:

https://coinranking.com/coin/1N4H6xVjZ%2Bnengcoin-neng
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2021, 01:44:33 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2021, 02:02:26 AM by honglu69

NENG 3 Year Ann. 2Y Performance Parity with DOGE
Sep 8, 2021

Hong Lu - Creator and Dev of Nengcoin

Fellow Nengsters!

Today is 3 year anniversary of launch of Nengcoin.  3 year ago on this day,  I released NewEnglandcoin (old Nengcoin name) github source code publicly. We achieved tremendous success over past 3 years thanks to all your Nengsters' support!

Performance Parity with DOGE
On today's trading price,  NENG also achieved performance parity with dogecoin over past 2 calendar years!  

On Jan 4, 2020, I posted in bitcointalk ann article commenting on shorelinecrypto fee policy:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5121953.msg53521502#msg53521502
There I mentioned that on that day, 1 doge could be  converted to  73926 NENG at shorelinecrypto roughtly at 0.00001350 NENG/DOGE trading price. Today we can do the same conversion at southxchange at same price.  

• Jan 4, 2020 - 1 DOGE = 73926 NENG
  • Sep 8, 2021 - 1 DOGE = 73926 NENG

Doge USD price performance since Jan 4, 2020: 10,569.32%
Neng USD price performance since Jan 4, 2020:  10,569.32%

Both DOGE and NENG achieved 105x on USD price over past 1 year and 8 months.  In fact, NENG USD price performance in 2020 beat DOGE after releasing mobile mining feature in summer of 2020.  Then in early 2021, DOGE performance beat NENG a lot after Elon tweets. After sharp bitcoin sell off after April,  NENG price rallied back hard and achieved parity performance with DOGE today!

Early NENG Performance and Anecdote

In early years of NENG years ago, NENG could have been mined very cheaply at large quantity.  Before Nov 2018, NENG was mined mostly by ASIC miners on hundreds to billions of NENG supply.  After CPU mining feature enabled on Nov 28, 2018, CPU miners and USB ASIC miners entered conversation. There was story in NENG discord by Krypton, who donated majority of logo bounty that he mined 500 million NENG within 1 hour of reset using a powerful PC in combination with an ASIC.  Today, to mine 500 million NENG, miner would need a very powerful ASIC device on high electricity bill, or long long mining period on USB ASIC or android phones.

There were also many sharp sell off in early years so that investors who bought at very cheap price and hodling still today made big profit on NENG at cheap cost.  I myself mainly an investor who bought large quantity of NENG at exchange with DOGE because my mining device (CPU, USB ASIC or android) are weak on hashrate.  I along with others benefited hugely on this super performance of NENG.

Bright Future Expections

NENG started with ASIC mining, then CPU mining and then mobile mining.  At 105x today, NENG is still cheap compared to Dogecoin or Electroneum

Market Cap on USD
Dogecoin (DOGE) - $ 33,180,000,000
Electroneum (ETN) - $ 236,720,000
Nengcoin (NENG) - $ 190,909

If NENG catch up with Electroneum market cap, NENG price would rise 1240x from here.  If NENG catch up with dogecoin market cap, NENG price would rise 173800x!  Nengcoin price today is still very cheap and has huge potential upward.

Bright future ahead for Nengcoin!
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2021, 03:06:32 AM

Community Announcement on Double Spent 51% attack and Solution

Announced by NENG commissioner RedRaider10 (discord ID) on community decision today

RedRaider10 | [🥉] — Today at 10:37 PM
@NENGsters
PSA!!

Hello Fellow Nengsters!

This week, Nengcoin suffered its first successful 51% attack. This is the reason why shortly thereafter, trading on both SouthXchange and Shoreline Crypto Exchange was halted.

4.25 billion Nengcoin was double spent and sold on SouthXchange by the attacker.

There were several options available to rectify the issue and in the end, it was decided to keep the current chain and take the loss. This was decided as the best option in regards to the integrity and honor of the project and our community. Either reversing the chain, inflating the cap of the coin by over 4%, or simply walking away from our obligations to an exchange that has been honorable and helpful on their end is not in keeping with the philosophy of this project.

This means that all blocks mined by our miners are and will remain valid. All transactions on both exchanges will remain valid as well.
Shoreline Crypto will resume trading shortly. SouthXchange will resume trading (and honor withdrawals in process) once the 4.25 billion coins that was double spent are reimbursed.
Over 2 billion of this reimbursement has already been provided by leaders of the community out of their personal holdings.
We are not doing a formal fundraising for the remainder of the loss, but if you would like to contribute towards us overcoming this challenge more quickly, you are welcome to send to addresses provided at the end of this announcement.

In regards to the security of the blockchain:

The reason this occurred is because the spike block trigger (known as the Cheetah Effect), was at a high setting allowing ASIC miners to put more power towards the blockchain without hitting a spike block. This "trust" was used to double spend.

When 51% event is attempted by ASIC miner, our CPU mining fleet is designed to work to insure the security of the blockchain from takeover from such ASIC attacker as soon as the ASIC miner mined a spike block.

A hardfork will be forthcoming to lower the threshold for triggering the spike block to ensure security. A side effect will be that ASIC miners will begin hitting spike blocks more frequently and be limited.

Dev will begin working on engineering a way to make the Cheetah Effect difficulty be an automatic process to allow the concurrent goals of security and maximum hashrate growth be as efficient as possible.

An analysis document of the security breach, immediate security solution, and long-term development of more dynamic security protocols will be forthcoming on Github for a more detailed understanding.

The success and reflected increase in value of each Nengcoin made the attack become attractive, and was a hard lesson to be learned. This lesson has been taken to heart and will not be repeated.

Please look forward to version 1.9.x of the Nengcoin wallet to download and update.

Donation Wallet:
NENG: NWSfowB8i1s78zUw8Umse1hHZF4Xovb7kr

honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2021, 10:11:03 PM

NENG Trading Resumed

Subreddit Icon
r/nengcoin
•Posted byu/Sokka2015
25 minutes ago
Trading
Hello Fellow Nengsters!!

Trading on ShorelineCrypto exchange has been resumed!
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2021, 01:22:44 AM

Assessment 51% Attack, Minutes, Solutions
Hong Lu, Developer of Nengcoin
9/26/2021

• Background of Recent 51% Attack
  • A Series of Events Happened on SouthXchange
  • NENG Community Leaders Tried Many Options before Announcement
  • Minutes of NENG Leader Meeting Decision, 3 Choices
  • Slow 51% Attack in 1 day
  • The 51% Attacker is NENG Insider, ASIC Mining Decentralization
  • Dev Heart to Heart Talk with the 51% Attacker
  • Possible v1.9.x Hard Fork Solutions

To read full text of report, check here:
https://github.com/ShorelineCrypto/nengcoin/releases/download/assessment_51/Assessment_51percent_Attack.pdf
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2021, 01:38:06 AM

Dev Heart to Heart Talk with the 51% Attacker

I am quite disappointed by this 51% attacker, most likely an ASIC miner insider, who would
do this when one spent so much long time to mine that much NENG. But what has been
done is done, the 51% attacker also exposed some weak point on the core software code that
dev needs to improve in the future upgrade. We can find an amicable solution for the benefit
of everyone in the NENG community including the 51% attacker. If you are the 51% attacker,
hear me out below:

I would propose that we have no inflation hard fork, the NENG supply cap stay as it is at 84
billion NENG. 84 is magic number from Litecoin, we are a new generation of litecoin, it is
good that we maintain this. I am creator of Nengcoin and I am willing to donate up to 2 billion
NENG for this SXC loss, and you return 2 billion NENG to below address:
NENG: NWSfowB8i1s78zUw8Umse1hHZF4Xovb7kr

We have other members of NENG community who already donated more than 100 million
NENG and we can restore all this without any inflation. We will have software code upgrade
v1.9.x to address this ASIC mining decentralization issue (read below).

What I want to argue is that by returning 2 billion NENG and keeping 2.25 billion NENG, this
is far better off outcome than your current status. Yes, you can keep 4.25 billion NENG now,
but my opinion is that this 4 billion NENG is not going to be worth that much for you. Think
about economics of this community, dev, community leaders are not likely work that hard on
this coin going forward if we are not on same team. Essentially we are working for you
because most of community members do not own that much NENG as you do. Also you
know as buyer when one push up the price too high, the attacker is going to come and do
51% attack for $5000 USD. It is already a public information that an insider 51% attacker
happened. So it should not be surprising that most NENG future buyers will know that and will
not push up NENG price too high. This coin price is capped by this issue. Let me be honest,
at most may be you can do another 51% attack for $5000 USD and let some suckers got
stuck on NENG again at exchange.

Now let’s think about the other outcome, if you return 2 billion NENG and we are on same
team again. How much more you can make on this 2.25 billion NENG? It could be far worth
more, and you could be rich from this ownership.

For the sake of easy calculation, I am using 84 billion NENG as the supply number and
current shorelinecrypto trading price to do below math

NENG marketcapETN Marketcap50% LTC Marketcap2.25 billion NENG worth low2.25 Billion NENG Worth hig
61K USD388M USD5B USD10.4million USD134 million USD

NENG is first full block mobile minable coin. Electroneum (ETN) started out as mobile mining
coin. ETN is centralized with fake mobile mining while NENG is decentralized with real proof
of work mining on android phones. NENG partner with Cheetahcoin is dedicated for mobile
decentralization and allow thousands and millions of under-priviledged people to mine crypto
through an android phone. It is reasonable that our NENG price is trading at higher market
cap than Electroneum (ETN). If this happens in the future, your 2.25 billion NENG could be
worth 10.4 million USD at low end.

In the long run, our dev team will improve code and keep working on improving
ASIC/CPU/Android mining decentralization issue to improve security. For example, we have
long term idea of automatically adjust spike difficulty and cheetah difficulty on code rather
than manual hard fork upgrade. It is not unreasonable to have NENG to be ranked as 3rd
POW scrypt coin behind dogecoin and litecoin and we achieve half of litecoin market cap.
When that happens, your 2.25 billion NENG could be worth 134 million USD at high end.

Are those number crazy? Impossible to achieve? I can not promise anything, but the way we
goes, Yes, we can. We can change the world with new 51% attack protection method algo on
scrypt and we can achieve with hard work from dev, and commissioners, ambassadors and
miners on ASICs, CPUs, Andoid phones. NENG price rose 10x in 2020, and NENG price
rose another 10x in 2021 on USD before the 51% attack. 100x was just a start, once we go
through all the issues with technical improvement and code upgrades, another 100x, 1000x,
1 million x, yes, it is all possible!

NENG in chinese has meaning of “capable of doing something”, “empower”. Dogecoin and
litecoin and Nengcoin are all scrypt coins. Dogecoin and litecoin created many millionaires in
the past, Nengcoin we are litecoin on mobile phones! Yes we can too!
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 06:40:06 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2021, 07:09:21 PM by honglu69

Nengcoin v1.9.0.0 Released - Win/Linnux/Mac Wallets

Nengcoin v1.9.0.0 released with hard fork at block height hard fork after 3243060

Windows and Linux binary wallets with upgrade instructions:
https://github.com/ShorelineCrypto/nengcoin/releases/tag/v1.9.0.0

MacOS wallet will be uploaded later to the same link above

This is major release and all new and existing NENG members are required to upgrade wallet.  The old version of wallet will not sync after block height 3243060

Note for ASIC miners:  some pools may have not upgraded to new version wallet yet. Findblock/CMinor's NENG pool is already on new version chain already.
Note for phone miners:  phone wallet will be release soon, for now you can stop phone mining on old chain and wait for new coming version release on v1.9.x.
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 06:52:54 PM

Community PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT on v1.9.x Hard Fork

NENG commissioner RedRaider10 announced in discord "Announcement" Channel:

RedRaider10 | [🥉] — Today at 2:41 PM
@NENGsters
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello Fellow Nengsters!

As you all know that us Neng Leaders have been working hard behind the scenes discussing which route to take for getting back 4.25 Billion Neng to give back to SouthXChange. We were given three choices which were:

No inflation - Which means raising the 4.25 billion Neng and giving it back to Southxchange.

Partial Inflation - Which double taxes donators and also taxes miners. Also the donations would be used because of the taxes which means no one would get back their donations if they wanted it back. Also it only inflates the coin by a specific amount needed instead of inflating by full 4.25 billion Neng,  which is then mined in 1 block.

Full Inflation - Which inflates the 4 billion Neng and is mined in one block by us Neng Leaders. No one is taxed. Donations will not be used for 4 Billion payout.

The decision we  agreed on was full inflation. The reason was that no one would be taxed and it gives us the chance to give back donations to those who donated, if they so choose to.  @RedRaider10 | [🥉] | [🥉] will be in charge of handling the donation give backs event. The give back event will be open for only a month to claim back your donation if you so choose to. @Redraider will announce the rules and stipulation for claiming back your donation for those who donated.

Lastly, the funds still in the donation wallet after one month would be used for marketing, dev bounty, public NENG ASIC pool/rig etc, whichever is decided. We will also create a NENG funds channel under Donation category where if you would like to add to the Neng funds it will be there for you to donate to.

News update: Today Oct. 31st, 2021 @2:09 PM we have now successfully mined the 4.25 Billion NENG and will be in the process to giving it back to SouthXChange to get Nengcoin wallet up and running!

Thank you for your patience Nengsters and we have not forgotten about you all!

Happy mining and Happy trading! 

#Nengcointothemoon
#Nengcandoit!
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 08:41:55 PM

Nengcoin v1.9.0.1 Released - 8 Distros of Linux on x64 Wallets

Nengcoin v1.9.0.1 released with hard fork at block height hard fork after 3243060

Linux wallets of 8 distros with upgrade instructions:
https://github.com/ShorelineCrypto/nengcoin/releases/tag/v1.9.0.1

This is major release and all new and existing NENG members are required to upgrade wallet.  The old version of wallet will not sync  after block height 3243060
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 03:41:08 PM

Nengcoin v1.9.0.2 Released - Android Phone on Arm (arm64 armhf)
Nengcoin v1.9.0.2 released with hard fork after block height 3243060

Android phone/tablet wallets on 64 bits or 32 bits Arm (arm64 and armhf):
https://github.com/ShorelineCrypto/nengcoin/releases/tag/v1.9.0.2

This is major release and all new and existing NENG members are required to upgrade wallet.  The old version of wallet will not sync  after block height 3243060

Note:  armhf GUI wallet will be released shortly after at same URL above
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 03:48:28 PM

armhf CLI wallet and arm64 GUI binary files uploaded to same URL
honglu69 (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2021, 04:44:19 AM

Nengcoin v1.9.0.3 Released - Chromebook on x64/Arm

Nengcoin v1.9.0.3 released with hard fork after block height 3243060
Full version tag: "v1.9.0.0-randomSpike-v1.9.x"

Chromeos wallets on x86_64 or  Arm (64 bits or 32 bits):
https://github.com/ShorelineCrypto/nengcoin/releases/tag/v1.9.0.3

This is major release and all new and existing NENG members are required to upgrade wallet.  The old version of wallet will not sync  after block height 3243060.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: