Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:10:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC is near end, proof block 2  (Read 1732 times)
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:12:57 PM

This topic will be probably be locked very soon and I have to repost it to CNC.
In my opinion BTC is a pyramid, a ponzi and a pump and dump scheme at the same time.

I´m sorry, I dnt have any better news for those who sincerely think, BTC is a phenomenal technology and investment opportunity.

I'm surprised you're a junior member out here, and even after spending so much time  on this forum you have learnt nothing. Well it's a decentralised currency, secured and you can't hack it, it works on the economic principles of demand and supply, more demand and less supply leads to price rise. I find your statement dumb, as pump and dump exists in fiat and stock market too. I will suggest you to read more on bitcoins.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:15:16 PM
Merited by krishnapramod (1)

All of OP arguments could be easily debunked, but what's the point eh?
There is a little button called "ignore" below the profile section functioned to protect you from insanity and stupidity.
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:19:26 PM

Satoshi or the small group of initial miners were not part of some conspiracy to create a pump and dump "scheme". They were simply electronic cash evangelists and privacy enthusiasts who wanted a method to transact value. bitcoin enabled that. Thing is that it caught on faster than anybody expected. Beginning in 2017, a lot of beginners who have no interest / time to understand and explore the underlying technology have joined in.

This has lead to the market being overcome by manipulators, traders and whales. This is not because of some intrinsic property of bitcoin but because of basic human greed. Calling it a pyramid or a pump and dump is little more than another "opinion". It may seem like that to a lot of people and anybody who agrees with this "opinion" is better off getting out NOW.
worldofcoins

Activity: 1834
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 12:20:18 PM

I don't know what other people think but I know for sure that there are a large proportion who share this exact common concern - the future of Bitcoin.
dohh (OP)

Activity: 332
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:22:09 PM

Satoshi or the small group of initial miners were not part of some conspiracy to create a pump and dump "scheme". They were simply electronic cash evangelists and privacy enthusiasts who wanted a method to transact value. bitcoin enabled that. Thing is that it caught on faster than anybody expected. Beginning in 2017, a lot of beginners who have no interest / time to understand and explore the underlying technology have joined in.

This has lead to the market being overcome by manipulators, traders and whales. This is not because of some intrinsic property of bitcoin but because of basic human greed. Calling it a pyramid or a pump and dump is little more than another "opinion". It may seem like that to a lot of people and anybody who agrees with this "opinion" is better off getting out NOW.

We dont know for sure Satoshi´s initial motivation. But You are right in one thing: not only BTC should be blamed in being scheme. All cryptos are.
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:35:44 PM

I wish to say that your argument is highly biased and skewed. Sometimes I just wish people who present such arguments do so fairly. Talking about btc being a scheme just because it is sold to others before you earn from, then what is gold and all the other things. I have never seen an asset which is not sold before.
What at all do you want us to do with it. Decorate our rooms with it?Huh

Now, thats a semi-truth. The crucial difference is, that with BTC You earn ONLY by reselling it, there is no organic cashflow from service itself. Its very different with normal assets.

Bitcoin is not an asset,it's a currency.People,who think bitcoin is an asset take the responsibility for their wrong assumptions.Is bitcoin a ponzi sheme?No ,but bitcoin can be and actually is used as a currency in many ponzi schemes(just like fiat money).You can't blame the ponzi scheme currency for the ponzi scheme itself.
Is bitcoin pump&dump?Yes, and so what?

BTC is not a currency, it just claims to be one. It wont scale to become a currency and thats precisely what I wrote in OP.

If I call myself Chuck Norris, it wont make me him.
Being a crypto currency it is a vitual currency  in which there is  a perception that every coin has a value, same as gold even though it is a material think people just value on as a perception, because ever since we are taught that  it is  valuable, but if you carefully analyze it is just the same with bitcoin it is only perception that is valuable.

CryptoGosu

Activity: 686
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:47:15 PM

I think that Bitcoin is a revolutionary technology and it is honest. That someone is speculating with crypto currency does not mean that Bitcoin is fraud.
davhek

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:01:09 PM

Here we go again. Another one that believes that Bitcoin is a pyramid scheme. It is, get away from it!Here we go again. Another one that believes that Bitcoin is a pyramid scheme. It is, get away from it!

St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:02:33 PM

The bitcoin was created out of thin air but how about the current fiat money system how they made they are also created by the banks but in bitcoin we have a limited amounts only so no one can print more bitcoins when the prices gets expensive even the creator of that can't do.BTC is not a pyramid or ponzi but it has been keep telling by the people since it was created but still the prices managed to increase a lot.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4407

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:33:41 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2018, 01:50:50 PM by franky1

bitcoin is not a ponzi.
EG
a ponzi a scheme that offers something that has no cost to make. no function
whereby the funds from a new person are grabbed by a Mr. Ponzi and then a small part is then given to a holder to keep them from leaving and mr. ponzi is then juggling balls keeping everyone in. while Mr. Ponzi plans to escape with everyones money

there is no Mr. ponzi holding a bag of funds juggling who needs to be bribed with small amounts to stay.
people are actually paid to NOT hold it anymore. they only get paid when they sell
no one is paid to stay

people are not just buying in either people can make goods or services to trade with people that have coin
people are not just selling out. people can trade the coin they have for goods and services others have made

people can work for companies and get paid a salary in bitcoin

bitcoin is not just a unit of measure that is magically created from nothing. it has a cost of production(mining)
miners dont get paid to hold. they get paid when the sell and not hold. and thats it. once they are not holding it. nothing thats it. no extra money to hold. no extra money after selling. all they get is what they sold it for.

bitcoin has a purpose. its also a payment system. that offers features that other payment systems do not.
i would say this though. LN is not a bitcoin feature. LN is a separate network payment system and LN will be used as a payment system for many currencies. do not confuse bitcoin with LN. they are separate.
right now there are some corporation paid devs literally screaming a false narrative that bitcoin is dead and cannot scale. purely so they can code features into bitcoin to stifle bitcoins scaling and utility (blocklimits and fee wars) and to make bitcoin easily work with the SEPARATE LN system. to make LN the payment system and make bitcoin have less utility.

the sooner we get these bad actor devs away from bitcoin. throw them into developing LN and away from bitcoin...the better
and then we can concentrate on re-innovating bitcoin to be the payment system, and thus retain its purpose, function

but even with these devs messing with bitcoins utility and trying to promote the separate payment system. that does not make bitcoin a ponzi.

as for the mining 'pyramid'
a financial scam pyramid. is about one person getting funds from a few people and if those few people get more people then the first person gets more money by just holding on and staying in.
again miners do not get more by holding. they only get paid when they sell. and once they have sold they are out of that coin they sold.

the reason why the coin production decreases is to be the opposite of inflation. and to eventually not make anymore.
thus limit the amount that can be held by people.
financial pyramids and ponzis want more people to enter and hold. but bitcoin has a limit on how many can hold and also doesnt pay people to continue holding.

EG i have held coins for 6 years and i have not got any dividends, interest or bribes to hold. lets say i held Xbtc. it has not magically become more than Xbtc by holding it.

as for the price when people want to sell. well that fluctuates. and its based on the cost to make it and the price people are willing to sell it for and someone else is willing to buy it for. its free market trading/barter. the price goes up or down.
with the cost to make it goes up and that no one will stupidly sell at at a loss. then naturally as with all things. the price goes up. but it can also go down if acquisition costs go down.. or stupidity. but thats the nature of trade/barter

the coins people have, does not have a secret pot of money held back in my their name to give them ongoing or when they sell. there is no mr ponzi promising anything. people have to find someone to hand coins to either on an exchange or in person and they only get what the new person wants to pay and what the seller want to receive. by mutual agreement.
just like anything else bought and sold in the world

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:45:05 PM

I dont know why stupid people remains here in crypto while they have no function but a trash spreading this community,i remember someone with the name “zombie” that posting alot about the badness of crypto specially bitcoin but after just a week he died lol.because hes done until now
trungquoc4622342

Activity: 62
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 01:48:08 PM

Each person has their own opinion. I respect your opinion but my opinion is different. Bitcoin will never end. Although Bitcoin is pumped in, its current history is still very stable at over $ 6k. The Bitcoin era is an investment opportunity that is probably over, but I think the future will be different.

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:05:09 PM

Proof or no proof, I got one big question to you and to all the other people who are making hateful statements about BTC, I do think that you have a point with what you have said, unfortunately your statement is clearly biased, you want people to be convinced in leaving BTC, and that you want everyone to know about this, I do respect your statement but I will continue doing BItcoin, and if anyone here has been convinced, you can leave if you want to, no one will stop you except for yourself.
Legendari

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:15:02 PM

"Clear pyramid" lol. Ponzi schemes are always centralized and have control in the hands of a person or group of people, but bitcoin is decentralized. Dude, you're writing nonsense.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Starkick

Activity: 588
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:15:37 PM

It's an interesting opinion, I didn't think of it from that side. As for pyramid I totally agree with you as it is constructed exactly like that. But I don't think that it' a bubble and it will just disappear one day. Lots of people earn good money on it and lots of them are clever enough not to invest everything in it.
BlockchainGod

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:16:52 PM

Honestly - your arguments do not have explicit logical justifications and therefore they can not be trusted. I think you're just upset about the price right now.

aris av
Copper Member

Activity: 409
Merit: 1

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:19:19 PM

Everyone has their own opinion about bitcoin. For me, I never thought that bitcoin was nearing an end, bitcoin was still in the adjustment stage, and I was more confident that bitcoin would survive and would be able to increase at a better price.

Stopir070

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:26:21 AM

Well done. Turned a good coin into an invest tool with manipulation. These are the realities.  We will observe
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4407

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:46:09 AM

i already xplained why its not a ponzi.. now lets try the next one

bitcoin is not a pyramid
EG
a pyramid is recruiting more than one person. and for every sale they make you get a cut of the profits

sorry but if i sold 1btc.. we barter on the price. find and agreed price EG $6300 and i sell them my btc.

i dont hand any funds to anyone before me.. because there is no multilevel game.. the person that sold to me is gone. they wont get anything.
i keep my $6300 all to myself and thats it..
the buyer doesnt give me ongoing funds. they are not put on any level. or given any special title like "diamond recruit". they dont have to seek out anyone to make profits, they dont get any ongoing revenue or free vacations

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:46:54 AM

Could you explain, how can a market with fair supply and demand be a ponzi scheme?

Fyi this is the definition of a ponzi scheme:

A Ponzi scheme (/ˈpɒnzi/; also a Ponzi game) is a form of fraud in which a purported businessman lures investors and pays profits to earlier investors using funds obtained from newer investors.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: