Bitcoin Forum
November 20, 2018, 01:27:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.0 [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Gold Bars with Bitcoin & Altcoin  (Read 77 times)
melindaETP

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:52:25 PM

Re creating full website!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1251

https://unblur.ninja =>lightning network testsite

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 01:01:10 PM

I've always used one of your competitors in the past (bitgild), they have always delivered, always came trough.. After visiting your site, some questions did pop up:

• I haven't found any reviews for your site, this usually means you're brand new to the business. Is this correct, or is this site a subdivision of an existing company?
  • $5.99 sounds awefully cheap for worldwide delivery. Is this delivery insured, or at the risk of the buyer
  • what about import duties?
  • Why on earth would you even think about releasing your own token? A bullion company releasing their own token sends shivers down my spine (and not in a good way)
  • What about using an escrow, and maybe sending some gold to a longtime community member so it can be checked and at least we know you actually have the means to get your hands on coins and/or bullion
  • why did you post the non-ssl url?
  • Why did you chose to use a letsencrypt certificate?
  • Why is the whois info hidden?
  • Why did you chose to publish your site while it was unfinished? The main page still contains text like "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet"
  • No contact info? No real address? No email? No ticketing system?
  • Is it smart to build a service that will sell thousands of dollars of bullion using wordpress?
  • Am i mistaking, or is your price waaay above spot price? 1 Kg of gold => your price = 6.891859 BTC =~ $43.000 while the current spot price is ~$38.500. So you're selling $4500 above spot? Or am i missing something here? Your competitor sells 1Kg of gold for ~$39.200, that's a big difference

These are all the questions that have popped in my mind after reading your post. Don't take it the wrong way, but i think you have a lot of work ahead of you before you'll start making any sales from bitcointalk... This doesn't mean that i think you're not legit, but you're selling a very expensive product with an irreversible payment method, so you'll need to prove without a doubt that you are legit and trustworthy (IMHO)

melindaETP

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:39:06 PM

I've always used one of your competitors in the past (bitgild), they have always delivered, always came trough.. After visiting your site, some questions did pop up:

• I haven't found any reviews for your site, this usually means you're brand new to the business. Is this correct, or is this site a subdivision of an existing company?
  • $5.99 sounds awefully cheap for worldwide delivery. Is this delivery insured, or at the risk of the buyer
  • Why on earth would you even think about releasing your own token? A bullion company releasing their own token sends shivers down my spine (and not in a good way)
  • What about using an escrow, and maybe sending some gold to a longtime community member so it can be checked and at least we know you actually have the means to get your hands on coins and/or bullion
  • Why did you chose for a letsencrypt certificate?
  • Why did you chose to publish your site while it was unfinished? The main page still contains text like "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet"

more questions to come... This post will probably be updated in about 10-15 minutes

Hi,

Thank you for your questions.

The truth is that it we were not supposed to submit the Service Announcements yet, the post button was pressed instead of the preview button!!

Anyway i will give you some replies to your questions.

We just started our business so obviously no reviews yet!

$5.99 is the price from 1 Gram to 1 Oz Bullion within the USA, ASIA, still has to be rectified on BTCT to be more specific to prize to weight.

Import Duties are at the buyers expenses on arrival.

We understand your point and the truth is that there is a whole project behind the token that will be introduced on a latter date. The token has been created so anyone who owns alternate tokens may exchange them for GGX tokens on FokDelta, that is one of the reason. There is not going to be any ICO or pre-sale, we only sale on forkdelta the amount of tokens that correspond to our physical gold holding.  

That means if you buy 2 GGX you hold 2 Gram of gold, you will be able to redeem the GGX for Gold anytime, the GGX token does not include the shipping.

The issue with escrow goes both ways, there have been many tries to avoid releasing the escrow after receiving an item but that's not the point here.

We have at this stage 100 Grams of Physical Gold in our possession, that's what we will sell to the public until sold out, would be very futile to try to cheat people instead to run a long term business with a oncoming project in the future.
We will release our company details when we launch the website on Saturday with our contact numbers.
This is a small company at this stage with 3 Employees so we will have opening times and closing times clearly stipulated.

Must be an oversight from our end, but it does redirect you to the SSL website.

• Why did you chose for a letsencrypt certificate?
We will add our comodo SLL certificate on Friday when we launch the finished website store.

We bought the domain name with namecheap whois hidden info is free for the first year!

The truth is that it we were not supposed to submit the Service Announcements yet, the post button was pressed instead of the preview button!!

BTW: I gladly send you 0.5 Gram of gold so you have a look at it and you will be able to provide your first impression!!
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1251

https://unblur.ninja =>lightning network testsite

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 01:49:28 PM

Hi,
I must admit your answers do put me at ease Smiley
I'm looking foreward to reviewing your site again once it has been completely finished.

As for your offer of sending me 0.5 grams of gold: i'm afraid i'll have to decline because i don't think i'm trusted enough within this community to actually review your service. If we're talking about physical bullion, i guess you'll need somebody with massive green trust to review your service Smiley

I'd still urge you to re-think your stance against:
  • the use of a forum escrow: sure, people have been scammed by an escrow in the past, altough the odds are relatively low compared to being scammed by a new user like yourself (no offence intended, but that's just the way it is... We were all new at some point, and that's not a problem, however i'd urge you to let forum users protect themselfs by allowing a trusted escrow)
  • the use of whois protection: i know, this is a crypto community, and i've actually activated whois protection on all my domains myself (i also use letsencrypt certificates and even cloudflare's ssl), but on the other hand, i'm not selling expensive physical goods... If you sell physical items, i guess reveiling your identity is a good way to start building a trusted relationship with your potential customers

melindaETP

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:03:27 AM

Hi,
I must admit your answers do put me at ease Smiley
I'm looking foreward to reviewing your site again once it has been completely finished.

As for your offer of sending me 0.5 grams of gold: i'm afraid i'll have to decline because i don't think i'm trusted enough within this community to actually review your service. If we're talking about physical bullion, i guess you'll need somebody with massive green trust to review your service Smiley

I'd still urge you to re-think your stance against:
  • the use of a forum escrow: sure, people have been scammed by an escrow in the past, altough the odds are relatively low compared to being scammed by a new user like yourself (no offence intended, but that's just the way it is... We were all new at some point, and that's not a problem, however i'd urge you to let forum users protect themselfs by allowing a trusted escrow)
  • the use of whois protection: i know, this is a crypto community, and i've actually activated whois protection on all my domains myself (i also use letsencrypt certificates and even cloudflare's ssl), but on the other hand, i'm not selling expensive physical goods... If you sell physical items, i guess reveiling your identity is a good way to start building a trusted relationship with your potential customers

Hi,

I am glad our answers shed more light to your questions.
We will do our best to have a secure and trustful business running.

Thank you again for your questions, really appreciate them as it is beneficial for our end as well to rectify anything that may be out of place.

melindaETP

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:24:40 AM

Our Shop

bet101

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

Dont worry, be happy!

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:56:18 PM

Nice bro!
bet101

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

Dont worry, be happy!

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:56:58 PM

there seems to be some issues with your links, they dont display the pictures i copied your code and posted it above!

BTW i am going to buy 1gr to test your website and service i really hope its going to be worth it!!!

I will post pictures of the shipping here once i receive the item!!

Just bought 1Gr  Grin

DONT LET ME DOWN!!!!  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.