Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:55:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook dominance  (Read 256 times)
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 09:29:54 AM

~snip
Currently, there are no other platform which has the exact features like Facebook. But someone I know uses Twitter as a backup after some of his Facebook posts got deleted.

You can also write your thought on a blog, and then use Twitter to notify your followers of your new posts.

I use Facebook for communicating purposes, too. Smiley
I think if someone had tried creating another type that would eliminate Facebook, I think it's not just happening, not because I don't think it can be done but Facebook is incredible with adjusting and improving everytime someone had a concern or something. So it would always get enhanced. For the Facebook posts getting removed, I don't think that happened to me before, and I think there's a reason that Facebook deleted it or something. Maybe it's harming somebody or something. Twitter is also a great social media site.

Every social media sites have their own advantages and disadvantages; it's always has been to post something that is your interest or something. Makes you feel connected to be updated by someone.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ethantaylor

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:46:43 AM

~snip
Currently, there are no other platform which has the exact features like Facebook. But someone I know uses Twitter as a backup after some of his Facebook posts got deleted.

You can also write your thought on a blog, and then use Twitter to notify your followers of your new posts.

I think if someone had tried creating another type that would eliminate Facebook, I think it's not just happening, not because I don't think it can be done but Facebook is incredible with adjusting and improving everytime someone had a concern or something. So it would always get enhanced. For the Facebook posts getting removed, I don't think that happened to me before, and I think there's a reason that Facebook deleted it or something. Maybe it's harming somebody or something. Twitter is also a great social media site.

Every social media sites have their own advantages and disadvantages; it's always has been to post something that is your interest or something. Makes you feel connected to be updated by someone.

Okay.

Just to clarify... Previously, I said "If Facebook becomes more disappointing..." I was referring to Facebook's censorship. The real case I saw is that some people posted something anti-China or have anti-China fan page, and then those posts and fan page were deleted by alleged Chinese moderators.

crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 09:50:47 AM

~snip

Okay.

Just to clarify... Previously, I said "If Facebook becomes more disappointing..." I was referring to Facebook deleting politics-related posts and fan pages. The real case I saw is that some people posted something anti-China or have anti-China fan page, and then those posts and fan page were deleted by alleged Chinese moderators.
I see that's what you are trying to point out and get a little bit out of hand, thanks for clarifying. The truth is, we all want to share our opinions, and our views, even political, but once they are interfering with it, I think it's just time. I haven't heard of anything like that, whether it's related to movements such as anti-China stuff, but if they are starting to do that and making it personal, then it's definitely going to be disappointing. If you have some examples, would you mind sharing it?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ethantaylor

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:32:01 AM

I see that's what you are trying to point out and get a little bit out of hand, thanks for clarifying. The truth is, we all want to share our opinions, and our views, even political, but once they are interfering with it, I think it's just time. I haven't heard of anything like that, whether it's related to movements such as anti-China stuff, but if they are starting to do that and making it personal, then it's definitely going to be disappointing. If you have some examples, would you mind sharing it?

If you can read Chinese, here is a Facebook post mentioning that thing (a fan page was deleted). And the owner of the deleted fan page has switched to Twitter.

_Cryptobomb_

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:16:33 AM

Years ago, peoples said that twitter will defeat Facebook but that's not happen.

Exact!

I doubt if we ever change FB into something else, I see no other option massive as FB with all their services (gaming, messaging, dating coming soon ... and etc) - I love the features they have and if I need to use any other services I really like it has connections with Facebook.

Security breach? ... oh well, I believe they will figured it out ...

wangchagongcha

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:27:57 AM

Nowadays, many social networking sites open up with new features that than Facebook, with unsecured security and frequent to be hacking, it is possible that people will stop using social networking sites in the future.
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 11:59:23 AM

If you can read Chinese, here is a Facebook post mentioning that thing (a fan page was deleted). And the owner of the deleted fan page has switched to Twitter.
Well, sadly I can't read in Mandarin but I google translated it. I might say that the post has created issues either with admins of the FB or the admin of the page. Making them and forcing them to remove the post is just fascinating, like really making it a reason to be disappointed or something.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
James_Cline

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:44:22 AM

I don’t see Facebook as ever going out of business. Sure, it has its share of bumps in the road –but that’s part of innovation. With the constant progress of AI for security, along with the potential of virtual and augmented realities, the company will only get bigger and more high-tech.
According to this article, Facebook will even expand its AI research in two years.

https://www.gigabitmagazine.com/ai/facebook-double-its-artificial-intelligence-research-2020
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:55:00 AM

Do you guys think that some day we will stop using fb? It sounds crazy thinking about that know, but you see, now they are facing legal issues. What if ppl get concerned about their privacy and move to other social media ?

Why is it impossible that we will stop using fb, because currently fb is used a lot for not good and a lot of harm to its users. not to mention bad news and rather difficult to control. indeed we also have to be smart to sort it out so as not to make a wrong move.
besides, now a lot of other social media is pretty good too so there is competition.
AsleepControl

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:11:41 AM

Facebook has been part of my daily activity since it's also my way of communicating with the people and also for my business. But I see to it that I don't spend that much time in FB just to control my usage.
Ladysmith

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:47:38 AM

I don't think Facebook will go out of business, but it will be forced to adapt to an ever-changing society, which they seem to be doing very well.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/internet/google-deepens-partnership-with-facebook-on-ai-technology/articleshow/66050861.cms

They just partnered with Google to make AI research move along at a faster pace. This coupled with the fact that they're investing heavily into the world of virtuality means they probably won't be going away anytime soon.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/26/facebook-vr-leader-talks-about-the-future-of-virtual-reality.html

"As virtual reality expands from just video gamers to a mass market, Facebook's Hugo Barra said that virtual reality and augmented reality will connect people regardless of physical location."
valkarale

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:58:44 AM

Facebook is the most used website today, but the security issue isn't safe that makes users feel uncomfortable. Currently, the number of Facebook users are dropping significantly. And they switched to another website like Instagram.
SnowAugustine

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:45:42 PM

Facebook would not go down despite all the issues it is having lately. They just always have something new to offer. They always have updates. They are always investing and researching on new things. Yes, a lot of people are deleting their profiles, and yet it still has millions of people on it.
jollydart

Activity: 125

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:00:40 PM

My friends don't use facebook as much as they did. I think Instagram and twitter are more attractive to people than facebook now.
TootiFruiti

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:35:29 AM

I think there will come a time when facebook will be taken down, just like friendster. But that time is not anytime soon. Many people are still using Facebook despite issues in privacy. Until there will be a better social media or a new online pasttime, I believe people will continue to use Facebook.
ps3o

Activity: 113

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:47:08 AM

Many people use Facebook still. I don't think it will ever happen to be shut down.
Mogul-Fund
Copper Member

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 05:03:06 AM

Facebook like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, etc... will not disappear anytime soon, you see, they are so big that they keep buying other companies that can improve their offerings and technology as well as absorbe competition. My point is that they are too big right now to just disappear and whatever happens they will quickly adapt to new market conditions or even invent new market opportunities.

As users, however, we have the choice to use what we want so if someone doesn't like a company or their products they can simply stop using them.
ClassyDancer

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:38:07 AM

Facebook is one of the most innovative companies today. Especially with Oculus and the fast-growing VR technology, we could only expect better products and services to come. I think they’re investing in AI too, and that should take care of privacy and security issues.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: