Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:05:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Polymath Locks 75 Million Tokens for 5 Years  (Read 117 times)
Danezu (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2019, 08:27:23 PM

Nice PR coup, this is a bold move taking into account the market situation.

Security Token Platform Polymath Locks 75 Million Tokens for 5 Years

Security token platform Polymath's developers lock millions of dollars for five years.

Funds are locked for future use as founders claim they don't need the money right now despite bear market.

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2019/01/9-million-security-token-platform-polymath-locks-funds-for-5-years/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ansi

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 09:43:33 PM

I won't call this as " smart move " necessarily, it can be the dumbest one too.
YES no one can predict when the market will move again, may be  year from now, 2., 3, 5... or even more, who the hell knows.
The funny part will be when the market moves pretty well when the tokens are " frozen ", what will they do then & what will be their " justification " for that, of course supposedly this " LOCK" " ins't final  can be reversed whenever they want to UnLock it.
shamc
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 10:23:43 PM

It's a good move and many other crypto project leaders should do the same. Locking funds that can only be released at certain intervals will give assurances to investors that they will not dump and run.

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 10:25:04 PM

5 years are way much time than I consider as safe period on any tech project.

The team really believe in the token and this will have a possessive short tem effect for sure. I opened a small long on Poly to test the water.

VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 10:30:00 PM

Nice PR coup, this is a bold move taking into account the market situation.

Security Token Platform Polymath Locks 75 Million Tokens for 5 Years

Security token platform Polymath's developers lock millions of dollars for five years.

Funds are locked for future use as founders claim they don't need the money right now despite bear market.

https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2019/01/9-million-security-token-platform-polymath-locks-funds-for-5-years/
The simple opinion regarding it and why must they open it on the bearish market when they can lock it until there will e another big bullish trend and this can make them all being rich person instantly? That makes sense for me personally.                                               

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
jack107

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 11:50:45 PM

i think its a pretty bold move but definitely a smart project we should be following
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: