Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:09:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Satoshi made a mistake in the Bitcoin Whitepaper?  (Read 149 times)
cryptovinz (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:06:33 PM

Here's the link to my article on medium:

https://medium.com/@cryptovinz/has-satoshi-made-a-mistake-in-the-bitcoin-whitepaper-e637d8e36801

Please let me know your thoughts! Smiley

Thx guys! Cool Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:09:04 PM

As Bitcoin which is in a monetary context no electronic cash, no digital cash and no virtual cash. Its to be really correct something new. It’s crypto cash

No, I would say that all of those four words would be an accurate description.  It uses cryptography, it's digital (you agree with that part), it uses electricity and communicates information over a network and it is virtual.

If you would prefer the title of the whitepaper to be "Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Digital Electronic Cash System", you might as well call it "Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Crypto Digital Virtual Electronic Cash System".  Which wouldn't exactly roll off the tongue.

You could put any number of details in the title, but I certainly wouldn't say that he made a mistake.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4453

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:27:11 PM

not a mistake

if he said analogue or paper.. then fine h would be wrong.
but he did not  he just kept it as simple as possible

just because he didnt go techno and detail the specifics to the finest detail and include all jargon of the inner complexities of "electronic" doesnt mean its wrong.

he was giving a basic title the most ELI-5 explanation possible the difference between paper or electronic cash.

P.S
i have a dog.

wait im wrong.. dang it. i must not have a dog because i did not finely describe it to the nth degree of detail. OMG i dont have a dog, please where did my dog go....     oh wait i do have a dog, phew, that was close

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
cryptovinz (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:25:08 PM

As Bitcoin which is in a monetary context no electronic cash, no digital cash and no virtual cash. Its to be really correct something new. It?s crypto cash

No, I would say that all of those four words would be an accurate description.  It uses cryptography, it's digital (you agree with that part), it uses electricity and communicates information over a network and it is virtual.

If you would prefer the title of the whitepaper to be "Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Digital Electronic Cash System", you might as well call it "Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Crypto Digital Virtual Electronic Cash System".  Which wouldn't exactly roll off the tongue.

You could put any number of details in the title, but I certainly wouldn't say that he made a mistake.

Haha true that.

Article was more a question if my thought in detail was right or not.Thx!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: