Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:20:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My account hacked coins stolen ; any advise  (Read 494 times)
Cryptogid

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:55:08 PM

Hackers are every where,just be very careful with your details, and create a more difficult pass phrase subsequently,then just pray..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
phuongthanh34623

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:59:44 PM

I think you have disclosed myetherwallet information to hackers. I would like to share with you.
Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:05:54 PM

Hope the wallet you're referring to is not online wallet? Stay away from wallets without private keys and passphrase ,if you want to hold your coins offline your best bet is paper wallets ,they works best ,totally out of preying eyes or hacking and stay away from spam emails ,its phishing ,it's for luring victims to drop details of there wallets .

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
Zalaster

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 05:13:19 PM

One of my friends told me that if telegram chat is left open ; hackers can attack using telegram.  Is it true?
In fact, it's impossible, but I advice to check which ports are closed and which ones are open. Find information about it in the search.

I think that you need to track the history of visits at least a week. I can advise you to download a mini antivirus, for example, Dr.Web CureIt or Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool (it helped me get rid of a virus that did not see the base antivirus). In addition, install a known basic antivirus, in which there is protection against phishing. And more, use the Chrome WEb Defender plugin (warns you about going to the phishing website). Be careful and never go to mywallet through a search. Make a bookmark https://www.myetherwallet.com/.
virendarnagpal (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:49:19 AM

One of my friends told me that if telegram chat is left open ; hackers can attack using telegram.  Is it true?
In fact, it's impossible, but I advice to check which ports are closed and which ones are open. Find information about it in the search.

I think that you need to track the history of visits at least a week. I can advise you to download a mini antivirus, for example, Dr.Web CureIt or Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool (it helped me get rid of a virus that did not see the base antivirus). In addition, install a known basic antivirus, in which there is protection against phishing. And more, use the Chrome WEb Defender plugin (warns you about going to the phishing website). Be careful and never go to mywallet through a search. Make a bookmark https://www.myetherwallet.com/.

your words are valuable for me friend.  Thanks.  Actually I was satisfied with the protection and secrecy I was maintaining.  But not studying deeply about security was my fault.   
gussupri

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:05:45 AM

Can you give us more information? What account was hacked? What did you do? I'm pretty sure Etherscan(if you're referring to https://etherscan.io/) was never a wallet service, only a blockchain explorer to trace wallets and transactions.

Actually I have never done trade.  As usual I worked for bounties.  But in the night system was not allowing me to shut down the computer; that was only the difference yesterday.  In the morning when I opened my computer and then only checked coins received from several ICOs were transferred.
the same experience as I experienced, but somehow the lost can not come back again, because for MEW we have to keep or keep our private key, and not carelessly enter our private key, I think this case has a lot of corruption
PM.coins

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:54:04 AM

The first thing I want to say to you is never to let theft happen again for the future. I think small mistakes must be really and avoid, to anticipate hackers' accounts that roam. Try to be more careful, alert and do not rush into the site. Be patient and don't give up with this incident. MAKE THIS EXPERIENCE LAST AND AS YOUR BEST TEACHER !!
jannatakter

Activity: 108

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:17:44 AM

Its my personal opinion ro advice i have for you is next time  you should take full responsibility of your digital assets  use a strong password.
rexona

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:25:49 AM

I am very sad about what you experience, but there will be no way to return your stolen coins, most likely you have visited phishing sites and hackers have stolen your private key.
Davido1174

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:37:20 AM

Its a pity and this is a sad situation. Maybe, someone accessed your wallet through a phishing link.

Things you need to do to keep your account safe

Do not click on phishing links
Bookmark myetherwallet on your computer
Always use 2fa for all your accounts including gmail

Be more careful and apply caution
Blessing97

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:48:30 AM

So sorry to hear about that. Perhaps you were phished or probably careless with your private keys or your password was unsecured. Always look out for phishing sites and try as much as possible to use 2FA whenever you can.
tulezua

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:51:13 AM

I think ETH wallet will not be easily stolen unless you expose personal information or your computer has been compromised. You have to remember that this is a battlefield and there will be hundreds of people wanting to break into your wallet.
Ntaa
Copper Member

Activity: 301

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:51:59 AM

My advice is that you have to make a new wallet and save your private key so that no one can steal it. After that, be careful with phishing sites because it is very dangerous and use anti-virus on your computer. And another one, you can use Hardware wallets like trezor and eWallet.
virendarnagpal (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:09:07 AM

MAKE THIS EXPERIENCE LAST AND AS YOUR BEST TEACHER !!

Yes of course; if still I do not learn a lesson ; myself again will be responsible for self destruction.  though very costly lesson Sad
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:41:20 AM

You will not be able to return your money that has been taken by the hacker, all you can do is to create a new wallet, and keep your private key confidential.
being alert to efforts to prevent wallet hacking is the safest way to keep your funds from being lost
because crypto's assets are decentralized, where everything that has been sent is impossible to return
make this your experience, and of course in every experience there are lessons that you can get
ayodeji01

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:57:00 AM

So sorry to hear  this cos I know how hard it is to work for something and someone else reaping the reward.. Be careful on your online activities next time though
juperos

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:01:26 AM

my etherscan (MyEtherwallet) was hacked coins stolen; little confused and sad;
Nowadays, a lot of people have been hacked and hacked into their wallets. I think you should buy a hard wallet to protect your tokens. The Ledger Nano S is just $ 150 and you have the best safe in the world and no hacker can penetrate.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
virendarnagpal (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:22:29 AM

my etherscan (MyEtherwallet) was hacked coins stolen; little confused and sad;
Nowadays, a lot of people have been hacked and hacked into their wallets. I think you should buy a hard wallet to protect your tokens. The Ledger Nano S is just $ 150 and you have the best safe in the world and no hacker can penetrate.
Thanks; I think you must have been using it and must be satisfied about it's working. Sure I am planning to buy one shortly.
sergiorus

Activity: 840
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:47:18 AM

yep forget about it, there is nothing to do with a hacked wallet anyways
next time keep your private key safe or better get a trezor/ledger nano
AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:33:57 PM

I'm very sorry for you, even if there was a small amount, it's still not pleasant that you have something stolen. I advise you to forget about it, you can not do anything, unfortunately. Just next time be careful when clicking on links
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: