Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:14:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Perfect time for ICO?  (Read 198 times)
I Love Crypto Noda (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:38:29 AM

What are you suggestions regarding perfect time for ICO launch? Is it during ETH drop, if ICO`s token price is fixed in ETH, or is it during ETH going up? Maybe somebody prefer specific price of ETH, for example, $ 200, or $ 400, or $ 800? Please share your opinion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:02:40 PM

What are you suggestions regarding perfect time for ICO launch? Is it during ETH drop, if ICO`s token price is fixed in ETH, or is it during ETH going up? Maybe somebody prefer specific price of ETH, for example, $ 200, or $ 400, or $ 800? Please share your opinion
I would say that you should not over think the timing. If your project is good and you have developed a strong team behind the project you will be able to raise what you need. If you are waiting for the irrational exuberance of last year to return you may have to wait a very long time. Now is the new normal and there is no predicting if things will improve in the coming months or years.

alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:03:46 PM

Last ICOs have bad ROIs https://icodrops.com/ico-stats/ and nobody wants to invest in ICOs now. So the perfect time for ICO launch is the next bull run when ICOs will moon again after listings on exchanges. But we don't know when new bull run begins.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:11:01 PM

Why not just tie it to fiat? Don't you know how much funding you're after? You could simply convert the current eth-usd price.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 12:14:30 PM

Before thinking about the ICO process, people need to ask whether this project is needed at all? There are a lot of services that can tell you about this, even on the forum you can make a separate branch, now it's very difficult to raise money, because people have become very smart and it's wonderful.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:35:21 PM

Anytime is a good time for ICO, the only thing here is that a lot of investors may not want to be putting in much considering that based on the value of the ICO, more Ethereum will be leaving their wallets as a result of the low price compared to when it was still around $1000 and any amount you are buying then is going to be worth it. However, I do not see why that should really be a problem for an investor anyway, since it is still all about how much you are willing to invest in the ICO in the first place compared to the current value of the market.

Last ICOs have bad ROIs https://icodrops.com/ico-stats/ and nobody wants to invest in ICOs now. So the perfect time for ICO launch is the next bull run when ICOs will moon again after listings on exchanges. But we don't know when new bull run begins.
People are still investing in ICOs as long as it still seems a viable project that is worth taking a risk on for the long term. It is the crypto space where I keep seeing people who are so much focused on the short term, but real investors who put funds in a project usually do not get to dump their tokens, but they tend to hold for as long as they can, knowing that in anyway, they are still going to be making huge profits eventually from their holding.
Minusha

Activity: 67
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:50:34 PM

Perfect time for the ICOs was last autumn and winter! The investors were still naive and had a lot of money to spend on cryptos. Now everybody thinks 10000 times before he joins any ICO, and the half of investors are bankrupt....

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
superscommessebitcoin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:33:42 PM

If you're going to hold a gathering in Ethereum, then Yes. For example, you collect $ 10 million in Ethereum while It costs $ 200, and six months later it costs $ 500 and your amount of fees has increased two and a half times.
Cryptomilz
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:44:17 PM

Certainly not a good time to launch or invest in ICOs. The crumbling price of ETH will severely affect projects as they might not have be able to raise the desired amount for the project, some are even struggling to reach soft cap at present.
Alphonse2910

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:50:05 PM

I would say that you should not over think the timing. If your project is good and you have developed a strong team behind the project you will be able to raise what you need. If you are waiting for the irrational exuberance of last year to return you may have to wait a very long time. Now is the new normal and there is no predicting if things will improve in the coming months or years.
It also depends on what he is aiming for, I would say that ICO projects are more profitable when the market, particularly ethereum, is pumping, so if he invest when ethereum is dropping like right now he may end up waiting too long to actually see he's earnings.
Flin+piclo

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:52:55 PM

The market of crypto currency is very much volatile and so do not think about the time. If you have a creative and good project and you have a strong team then you should go for the ICO and you will be succeeded.
Westfiled

Activity: 271

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:54:37 PM

I guess that will be much better of the price for ico token will not pegged to the ethereum pair. It will be much better to be fixed price in the dollar form consider this will be preventing the possibility of token will have gotten a big impact caused by the bearish trend that happen to the ethereum. So many icos were forgetting this.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
wortedano

Activity: 343

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 12:02:06 AM

A lot of years ago a wise person told me: there is the time to sow and the time of harvest. But there is also the time when storms come and and it is impossible to harvest or sow .... But if you find a good product resistent to the storms, of course you should use it. Maybe it dont give you a very very very good resultate, but a good product always will give you an interesting resultate. I hope people understand me...
kaopxa

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 12:10:24 AM

Good time for innovating ways to accept fiat. Otherwise no one wants to put their long-held ETH/BTC in ICOs when they believe the price will increase, especially when we have seen ETH and BTC as better SoV's than 95% of recent ICOs.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:14:54 AM

Why peg it to Ethereum?  I have zero interest in any ERC20 tokens because the market is flooded with them.  If you must peg it to ETH and believe in your project then the timing won't matter because you should be selling against the USD.  IF you need $1,000,000 and ETH is $1,000 then you only sell 1,000 ETH's worth.  If ETH is $500 then you sell 2,000 ETH's worth and so on.
cryptoassault

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:51:29 AM

When the crypto market is high is when people will be the most willing to invest.  I know it sounds backwards, but that's how human nature works in regards to the market.  This community probably grew the most in Dec 2017.
vuluong1995
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

[img]https://imgur.com/hLY2i9c[/img]

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:10:16 AM

I don't think so. Current is not the appropriate time to develop the ICO. As you know the current price of ETH =200$ BTC =6200$ very cheap for us to buy into and invest in the ICO. But you don't know that the current psychology of the investors are so bewildered, so scared, scared because the market is downtrend. They worry with their amount so they do not dare to invest.Only when identified the uptrend, they new station money on it. One more thing which is the current price of the coin, token top are very cheap instead of investing in ICO I think they will invest in the copper coin, token with which to secure for their money. That is my point

S.E.D.O.
Document management system based on blockchain
WHITEPAPER | ANN | WEB | DISCORD | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TELEGRAM
|
reynald70

Activity: 598
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:13:26 AM

I think it's better when the ETH price has decreased as it is now. because for now the price is very cheap, and there is a possibility that prices will rise again. so this is where the ICO project starts selling the ICO. because it is very good if in the future the price of ETH will return very expensive.
arthotdog

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:16:07 AM

Truly is mate,since lots of scammers that using damn ico projects to victimized noob investors are spreading the bounty section now or even the service section,o believe that i good project defies no specific timing because this will all lies on our objectives ..prove people that youre project is worth investing and trust me you can earn good profit in ico
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:18:01 AM

I think this is not a good time to invest in ICO projects. At the moment we can see that a lot of bad projects are working and I think it will not last long in the Crypto market. A strong rejection is taking place in this market.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: