Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:04:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is School for?  (Read 1627 times)
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:56:39 PM

Brainwashing and teaching us to obey authority. I reccomend that anyone that actually cares about their children to home school them and forget about the corrupt schooling system.
We can choose a good school for our children and I think not all schools are corrupt, my son has a good school as of now and I don't think that they are just using their school to collect a lot of money, because my observation to my son is improving and he can also improve his communication skills and social skills.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SoiledDove

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:58:42 PM

The school is for us to acquire knowledge which the past generations have acquired from their experiences. It also hones our minds to think critically and properly at times. However, this is just making us BE what the adults want US to be. Its making us follow their footsteps, making more and more people like them, making repeated mistakes, living the same lives, over and over and over again. This is why rebels and the like of such a system can make various achievements because they refuse to become similar to them. Of course im not blaming the system, its just the way it has been for a lot of years and is difficult to uproot. But the way they teach us the knowledge they want to impart is a tad bit too stupid in my terms. Instead of encouraging people with low scores, they scorn them. This makes the students accept the fact that they are INDEED stupid. They tell us to score higher so that they can appreciate us more. In my opinion though, students with lower scores should be able to achieve a higher standard than those with higher scores. After all, they have a much larger capacity with regards to improvement, and this should be the way of encouragement schools apply.

School is where we begin our education but it is not where we complete it. We never stop learning. We learn more from college. We learn from the Internet. The pace of life is accelerating daily and we learn new things all the time. This is the way of life.
robbietobby

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:17:11 PM
Merited by Flying Hellfish (1)

To get you ready for your slave career.

No, school make rules to enforce common sense, diligence, and the ability to make a good judgement. If we did not have school rules, students would not waste a second to take advantage of the fact that everything that was once prohibited is now completely fine to do. Take, for example, the school dress code. Our dress code rules teach us to take into account how we look to others by telling us what is and is not appropriate school attire. Without these rules, students are less likely to be well-aware of how to dress appropriately and are more likely to dress indecently and offensively. Secondly, our school rules teach us how to make a good judgement of something. If a rule says "No chewing gum in class", and students choose to follow that rule, then the argument that students will improve their judgement and common sense skills is correct. Why? Because they know that if they do not follow this rule, there will be a consequence for their actions.
SneakyLady

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:30:33 PM

School teaches you how to follow directions and not think for yourself, making you a nice slave, eager to participate in the system based on consumerism. Teachers even tell you how to interpret a book, which should be subjective. School is detrimental to your education because it pries you away from experience for a minimum of 12 years. Experience is the one true teacher.
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:11:25 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2018, 12:47:15 PM by Makkara
Merited by Flying Hellfish (1)

If you will ever get stucked on a shit job with a shit pay at that point you will realize "what is school for".
Or when somebody talks to you and you have no idea what they are talking about. Or you need to solve some problem in real life and you don't have the mental elasticity to think how.

To answer directly to your question, is mostly to give you a base education, train your brain and give you a better chance at life by letting you discover what you really like.
You don't become rich or a successful entrepreneur by focusing only on that but by acquiring knowledge, expertise and experience in something, guess where you can do that?

Then if you guys went or you are going to school in north korea i'm sorry for you.

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
KirunBarber

Activity: 567
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:56:59 AM

ok, this is a complicated assumption. as far as I know the purpose of school is to equip children early with a goodness. form a disciplined personality, and I'm sure there will be benefits in the future.
I am concerned for now that a student has been consumed by the outside world, which should not be the time for them to feel it. you can say it's too early to think of real life, while they are still unstable.
many small examples of students are too early to look for material / money. Undecided

▄▄▄        2LOCAL       |   Sustainability and Prosperity   ▄▄▄
||███      (((  SERNVI SES  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN OUR "Initial Exchange Offering"(IEO)   ███ ▌       ███||
|   WEB SITE  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram   |
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:12:54 AM

Jesus there's some really morbid answers here lol, yes school teaches the fundamentals and basics of life, and how to make friends etc.  I may not agree with everything I was taught, or find it useful in everyday life (Looking at you Pythagoras theorem).  But looking back i would much rather go to school than be home schooled.  Making friends throughout school and finding people with common interests is as much as part of it as learning is imo.
Rylei

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 01:31:38 PM

Are these complex mathematics problems/ equation will going to have a real life use in the future?

Yes, of course. If you're an engineer, definitely you're going to use all sorts of formulas to solve those complex equations.

School makes student depressed, suicidal, feel stupid, wanna die, hate life, sick, nervous. Is this what school for? Or maybe I am not just realizing it.

From my experience, it is better that I had experienced all those emotions in college; it made me emotionally and physically stronger as an individual.

At school, we're going to learn all the things that our parents can't teach. Maybe one day, you're going to thank some of your teachers for all the knowledge they had imparted on you. So, school prepares us in "the real world".
jaydenbox

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:57:01 PM

School isn't as bad as you made it look, or people make it. I guess some have bad experiences, there is probably bad teachers too, and bad schools, but school is necessary, that is where you get your first knowledge and education. I mean yes you can learn that by yourself I guess? But not at age 6. What I would say is that the school system is bad in some countries, and that is the reason most students fail and get depressed, but I think that even the students should start looking at the bright side of school and think about the benefits.
Ana Gene

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:02:32 AM

School is to provide the basic knowledge of a child that he really needs in life, such as alphabet, reading, calculating, basic science and other stuff. It also and mush help every child or youth to socialize and have more friends. But in most cases, many hate schooling because they think that the things being taught to them is bullshit and it just makes them slave. This is in fact true. But I hope many school still make their students diligent and healthy human kind to the earth and to the society
alt iubile

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:00:45 AM

For me SCHOOL is our 2nd house and TEACHER is our 2nd mom/mommy/mother/mama school makes us more creative and friendly to each other school makes us more Intellegent and Respectful,if you are going to School and make good deeds you will success in all your works thats all thank you
engrawaz

Activity: 153

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:40:08 PM

"We go to school to learn" is the biggest misconception in humankind. says the one completed his education and got a degree in engineering. School just suppresses a certain mindset on you so that you will obey the authority when you grow up. hopefully people in the future leverage the internet to get themselves educated.
UnruffledST

Activity: 240
Merit: 18

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:31:17 PM

Well depending on the person they might not need to use academic mathematics in the future still schools make sure that no one is left behind a kid does not know what they want to be in the future as a kid still when they do decide at the age of 17 or 18 they have the option of being what they want if they want to be a computer engineer or w.e that revolves around mathematics then yes they can be it. If they want to be a artist and paint well hey those art classes that they took 2-5 times a week paid off and yes they wouldnt have to use the academic mathematics that they where forced to learn. Still you never know if that kid would of found the passion they loved out of school or learned what was needed.  

I think you are looking at it wrong,  a kid wont usually be depressed from school most of the time it is the parents fault for not being attentive. Say if a kid did decide what they wanted to do with their life they are open to study just that such as going to a all art school or a purely science school.

Jimbable

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:04:34 PM
Merited by Flying Hellfish (1), Friorianf (1)

Greetings to the world,
I am actually inspired by a public figure in facebook, and it really affect me and make me questioned myself What is school for actually?

Hello there! School is for education and socializing, in my opinion.

As a student, I wonder how can these academics studies will benefit students in their future? Are these complex mathematics problems/ equation will going to have a real life use in the future? It also doesn't make sense to me why school system is forcefeeding all the knowledge in 6 hours per day and then measures all the knowledge you memorize thru a papertest?

About maths (and all the other sciences really): it's common misconception that this things would not help you in life - many people plan their education in science field, and that background really helps. And for non-science students too, this helps them think logically, and you will have all kinds of calculations in your life, and doing simple maths by a calc is rather miserable =) I'd agree with you about tests - those are the bane of modern education.

What about the students who have a passion in their life but the school is destroying it little by little. Also, school doesn't teach students on how to buy their loans, houses, or any other stuffs that might be useful in their future.

You see, the thing is, that learning isn't just about the school. Sure, you may spend all your free time partying and hanging out with your friends, but there are fun and interesting things, that you can learn, and could be useful (and even profitable) in your adult life. On loans and all the stuff you mentioned, isn't maths teaches you how to count? You can spend a week to study all you need to learn about the loans houses and stuff yourself.

School makes student depressed, suicidal, feel stupid, wanna die, hate life, sick, nervous. Is this what school for? Or maybe I am not just realizing it.

It's not really a school thing, rather it's a social. Youngn's these feel a lot of pressure about their future, like they will be worthless if they fail an exam or stuff. It's for parents and friends to relieve such stress, so they won't be lost in the spiral of such stress.

I am an average student, I just feel pity for my classmates who's trying their best but it is not enough. They have dreams but the school is destroying it.  Huh
Ps: English is not my native language.

No, it really isn't. I think schools nowadays do not really care at all. And your English is fine.
Applechild

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:12:34 PM

I just made a post on the differences between Schooling and education few minutes ago before stumbling on this post. School in my opinion is simply a place where students ranging from different ages get educated. It can be kindergarten, high school, primary, college or secondary school as we call it here in Africa or tertiary known as the university. But these days the schooling institutions have changed. It now looks like going to school is a complete waste of time because the basic things in real life situations are not being taught. What we are exposed to in the name of studies are outdated formulas and stories. So right now, it is so discouraging to even be in school.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:37:31 AM

Your testimony is very comprehensive, it's a reality shared by many students. The educational method used nowadays in the world is a method for masses, the individual is ignored, all that matters are the statistics. Students are just numbers for their local governments.

An alternative for this is the homeschooling. Children and youngs can educate themselves at home, by their parents, by personal teachers or even by themselves and complete a test later to prove they were really educated.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:27:53 AM

Greetings to the world,
I am actually inspired by a public figure in facebook, and it really affect me and make me questioned myself What is school for actually?

As a student, I wonder how can these academics studies will benefit students in their future? Are these complex mathematics problems/ equation will going to have a real life use in the future? It also doesn't make sense to me why school system is forcefeeding all the knowledge in 6 hours per day and then measures all the knowledge you memorize thru a papertest?

What about the students who have a passion in their life but the school is destroying it little by little. Also, school doesn't teach students on how to buy their loans, houses, or any other stuffs that might be useful in their future.

I am an average student, I just feel pity for my classmates who's trying their best but it is not enough. They have dreams but the school is destroying it.  Huh

Good thing is there are online schools available now. Schools only make individuals either they are superior to others or worse and just lowlifes. That is really the purpose of schools based on my experience.
ibrar.noman

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:26:49 AM

Greetings to the world,

The school is not only for learning new things its also for our grooming its teach us how should we behave in our day to day life ,every school has its environment its up to students how they learn  and how they avoid handles  bad things .
mgaturon

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:52:40 AM

Most of schools builds future employees. But it depends on our teachers. There are good teachers that teaches us about life not just things that we should memorize and forgot a week later. Other educators inspires, motivates and teaches us how to be a good leader. School teaches us how to socialize too and build good relationships in our environment.
Purwodadi717

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:08:59 PM

Greetings to the world,

I think the school is very useful but not all students know the benefits of school, so many think that school is not necessary, even though school is a very useful provision after school, finished, all that can be felt after we work,
So the learning is really needed ...
thanks.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: