Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:01:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to know a non-fraud project?  (Read 309 times)
Erickan (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 18

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:31:23 PM

I joined the bounty of a fraudulent project, and I expect people to help me identify a fraudulent project before I go back into that dump.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SoiledDove

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:51:18 PM

I joined the bounty of a fraudulent project, and I expect people to help me identify a fraudulent project before I go back into that dump.

So you joined and found it to be a fraudulent project. How did you find out it was fraudulent?

And did you check it out in any way before finding out?
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 3816

🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 03:53:47 PM

It's almost impossible to completely know for sure if a project is a sham or not. Sure you could see some signs of a fraudulent project; some signs like the project having fake team members and such, but a project could have a very nice site with almost complete information about certain things but still end up being a fraud.

So you joined and found it to be a fraudulent project. How did you find out it was fraudulent?

And did you check it out in any way before finding out?
Probably because the team didn't distribute the tokens the bounty members are entitled to.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 04:11:49 PM

I've written something of a guide about analysing ICOs to determine if they're worth investing in/are legit etc, I'm no expert at all it's just a few helpful tips that might be worth taking a look at, because a professional ICO project will also very likely offer a legit bounty project: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3760625

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:03:15 AM

There is no 100% way to known whether project is fraud or not so just stay away from all bounties.(This is best help /advice I can give you.)

I do not know but I am smelling a shitposter/account farmer  here, Very first post , OP just telling that OP joined a fraud bounty and hiding the main (+ possibly so many Alts) . There are so many warning /threads created in past few days and OP is still  ignorant . It simply look like OP cannot read anything that do not have bounty to offer.   OP if you decided to read something that do not give any bounty then you can read the below thread.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5004397.0

I am alive
rnssol

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:24:33 AM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

1. Poorly Implemented Website and Whitepaper

2. Empty repositories for open-source projects

3. Lack of Roadmap or underdeveloped or unclear Product Roadmap

4. No Token Use Case for Product

5. The Team Lacks Credibility and Expertise

6. The Mining Structure Favors the Dev Team Disproportionately

7. Has the Team Attended Blockchain Conferences or Written Thought Leadership in the Space?

8. Is there a great Underlying Product Behind the ICO?

9. Is the ICO regulated or meet legal requirements in its Country of Origin?

It is a bit generic and common sense, but you’d be surprised how many unsuspecting first-time crypto investors don’t do their due diligence. We hope this helps you out there.
Moxivuki

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:56:58 AM
Merited by LickKing (1)

1. Read the white paper
2. Bounty Manager
3. Join the event community (telegraph, Facebook, Twitter)
4. Number of followers
These can help you better distinguish the bounty mission!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:26:27 AM

... I expect people to help me identify a fraudulent project before I go back into that dump.
noone can really tell which project will succeed or simply scam from the beginning
and when you joined a bounty project, expect the worst... so don't waste too much resources
my advice, join a project that pays in BTC or ETH Cool on a weekly basis
so when they stop paying, you only lose a week worth of work, time, and resources

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3550

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 09:39:15 AM

The best tip is to improve the level of your posts so increase the chances of your acceptance in campaigns and then you can choose good from scam one.
Campaign managers are one of the main reasons for joining a campaign where professionals do not accept any campaign before they are sure of their credibility and thus do not pollute their reputations.

If you're talking about investing, the comments above are enough to get an answer

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
daviost

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 10:30:10 AM

Exactly there is a lot of way to know there is a non-fraud project.
1. The website design and all of his function
2. The cool advisor and the solid team
3. Their roadmap, their product, Their Whitepaper
4. Check their community in telegram, twitter and other social media
4. The use case for their tokens/coins in the future
5. Try check them in the ICO rating website

▬▬▬▬▬ ◯●●   REPME.io   ●●◯ ▬▬▬▬▬
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOV
Please check the Whitepaper for more complete info
BlockTreeClub

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:36:01 PM

It is impossible to "know" if a project is a fraud.

However, there are indicators associated with frauds. The more signs of fraud an ICO has, the more likely that ICO is a fraud. It's always possible that a well-intentioned project has a terrible whitepaper and no good team members.

The above posts list some great indicators. I'd like to add some.

1. Do the team members have a consistent online presence spanning years before the ICO was announced?

2. Can you switch the word "blockchain" out for "database" in the whitepaper and the concept still makes sense?

3. Does the token's cryptonomics incentivize hoarding or usage?

4. Is there a vesting process or other means to prevent ICO founders from disappearing?

5. Does the ICO make it hard to track the progress of their token sale?

6. Does their whitepaper have a legal disclaimer?

7. Is the ICO holding coins with a valid escrow service?

8. Does the website look like something you could make given ten hours with WordPress?

9. Is the ICO active on GitHub?

10. Is the code modifiable?
DrewXland

Activity: 409

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:17:30 AM

Here are five tips for spotting a trash ICO

1. An inexperienced team

If the team is comprised of individuals that lack experience or gravity in the crypto sector, then this can be a warning. The presence of venture capture capitalist known in the field should be a big green light – without these individuals, then this could be cause for concern.

2. No use case for the token

If the token can be replaced by Ether or BTC, then it’s not really needed. For example, in my early investing days I sank some investment in a HR tokenised platform. It had its own native token on the platform to buy services and also then added BTC and ETH. Effectively, there was no need for anyone to use their token. In the end, it was vapourware – all investors lost hard.

3. Poor community on Bitcointalk or Telegram

Community can make or break a coin. When times are tough, does the team display the integrity and grit to get the job done. How enthusiastic and committed are the community members? If the team convinces others that they are in it for the long haul, then this is a massive plus. This, in the end, is your judgement call.

4. No signs of a major exchange

This one is a tough one. Platforms during the ICO are not allowed to talk about exchanges for legal reasons so you have to consider many threads to take a view on whether it is likely to make it onto a big exchange (consider community size, backers, whitepaper, team aims). Getting on the Binances and Bittrexs really does benefit the early investor.

5. Public sale is too long

It’s better to raise 100% of $15 USD than 50% of $50 million USD. I’m not a fan of these mega long ICOs that tie up your investment. Quality ICOs over an acceptable time frame work best.

There are 100s of them around so take care!
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:24:43 AM

In the scam projects you don't get reliable information about the team. In this project, you can always get reliable links to team accounts on social networks, and you can always specify partnerships with announced projects
reddeworld

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:30:55 PM

When you join a bounty program I think it's difficult to see that the project is fraudulent unless they did not pay you for your work! Otherwise is think the WP is vital, you see directly with details if the project is solid or not. Few advises: https://medium.com/@ja_22629/is-the-ico-for-real-or-is-it-a-scam-f6e1e69a558e

jossiel

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:51:14 AM

Find some information about the project before you get involved.
Basically you'll find those information about that project won't be connected to any scam. It's not enough to know if the project is fraud unless someone will figure out who are the people behind that project.

The scheme's always has to do if the project is fraud. Majority of the ways of finding if the project is fraud were given here. They usually have the same scheme but sometimes they are making themselves looks legit but at the end of their ICO and sale they'll run.

<<- Rent this out ->>
caotringhia

Activity: 277
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:59:57 AM

At present, there are many factors that affect bounty deployment projects. If you participate in a certain project, but it does not achieve soft caps, you will not be paid.
However, to identify a project that can grow, you need to consider several factors such as: Website Design, Whitepaper, Products, Project Team, and their community.
But I'm wondering how did you join the bounty while the account you just created and created this thread.
Gloryobinna

Activity: 64

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:33:29 PM

There are certain things to look out for in a project...  The project usecase.  What they are talking about and how they will achieve such goal,  all these can be found in the white paper,  also check out for the team,  I mean faces behind the project, do proper research...  Another tip is if any Cryptocurrency influencer (lol,  I don't know what they call Macfree and the rest of those guys who promotes good project.) always check their analysis, cos they won't want to shill a scam project..  Follow them on twitter to be updated..

So my point here is

Project usecase.
Team members.
Cryptocurrency influencers talking about the said project.
And also doing your own research.

If you want to invest,  seek advise from people around you,  check Cmc for biggest looser, especially good project and invest in...  The bull will come and none will be left behind.  Good luck.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token ] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
Tramle091296

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 03:10:43 PM

You cant determine which campaign is fraud. there are some bountymanagers that famous in the forum that they got a campaign that hitting the softcap of the projects. try to learn who's that bounty manager. if you cant find try to read the whitepaper if their project is unique has a potential then you must go and also the members of the project read ordo some reasearch what are their achievement in cryptocurrency.

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
chulos

Activity: 268

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:34:04 PM

How to know a non-fraudulent project ? Well, practically no. Beware of the beautifully crafted sites that promise glamorous profits, at a time when ICO is still running at a distance of weeks or months. Quality projects will give you a detailed view of how the crypto works, where it will look for application and technical details in particular. Fakes you will promise high profits and will attack the basic instincts and qualities of man - greed. A non-fraudulent project has - reliable support, active dev team, well-crafted web site, wide group of members, perspective partnerships, well-worked whitepaper, and so on.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:39:08 PM

Before you join any bounty project you must see if that token have a price in coinmarket or not and you must have an idea if that token gonna be listed on exchange or not
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: