Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:20:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about reports in trashed threads  (Read 170 times)
o_e_l_e_o (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18504

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:25:25 PM

A couple of days ago I went through the thread of an ICO that had been busted as a scam, and reported all the "Great project", "Nice team", "Looks good" type posts.

Looking at my report list today, it seems the entire thread was trashed for offering an incentive to bump. The first 20 or so reports were marked as good, but the last 9 were marked as bad.

If a thread is trashed, are all outstanding reports in it marked as bad?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 10:32:10 PM

A couple of days ago I went through the thread of an ICO that had been busted as a scam, and reported all the "Great project", "Nice team", "Looks good" type posts.

Looking at my report list today, it seems the entire thread was trashed for offering an incentive to bump. The first 20 or so reports were marked as good, but the last 9 were marked as bad.

If a thread is trashed, are all outstanding reports in it marked as bad?

Normally it should be handled and marked as good unless the patroller can't access the trashed topic maybe?
Anyway, the problem is that the marked reported as bad cannot be switched to good  Undecided

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:03:42 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2018, 01:16:42 AM by jonemil24
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (2)

This is the best answer:
My guess is the Mod has to manually notice you reported it twice. It could be you reported a post that was deleted already after it was reported by someone else.
If you didn't report a post/topic twice, the bold part could be the reason.

I guess that there are many people who report from altcoin ann section, and that's why I never hunt for those shit posts from it anymore.

Bounty section for now will be good for a higher percentage of accuracy. A huge amount of my good reports came from it(still feel guilty for reporting them, though I never asked mprep and Welsh if they were really banned). If the topic starter didn't ask participants to post their social media links and you still see people posting them, you can report them for breaking the rule of mprep:
Anyone posting info from their bounty application (usernames, addresses, etc.) or anything alongside the lines of "joined X", "looking forward to getting X", "thanks for the opportunity", "filled out form", "signed up for X", "applied", "following / liked / retweeted X" when such data is not required or the requirement is against the forum's rules risk having their account banned. These are extremely low quality posts that generate massive amounts of spam, drowning out any legitimate discussion these threads may posses.
I'm not sure if they're bots posting their social media links, but it isn't the only problem on bounty section. You will sometimes see people posting their links even though the campaign already ended.

I'm seeing 100% accuracy on my report history because of it, BTW.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
o_e_l_e_o (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18504

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:17:58 AM

You are right. Looking more closely, the usernames of the bad reports are all duplicated in amongst the good reports. My guess is I misclicked when trying to move between pages and reported a bunch of posts twice, not realising I did it because they were all the exact same "nice project" garbage.

Oh well, there goes my 100% rating.  Tongue

Locking this thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: