Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:37:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the altcoin section the biggest (in the amount of storage capacity needed)  (Read 179 times)
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:51:59 PM

I was wondering these two questions recently.

1. How big is this forum (data-wise) in total.
2. Is the altcoin section the biggest section in the forum also (I've just looked through about a hundred pages of airdrop/bounty campaigns and all those social media links look like they'd take up a lot of space) - and how big is that if it's possible to work out that information?

If there are live stats on this data then do tell me so I can delete this thread...
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceMobile

Activity: 1647
Merit: 686

LoyceV on the road. Or couch.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 06:25:36 AM
Merited by mprep (1)

Excluding quotes, I count about 60 MB and 50k+ posts per day on the forum as a whole.
Take this as a ballpark figure, my guess would be the forum take a few times more space than the full Bitcoin Bockchain.

LoyceV on the road Advertise here for LN Don't deal with this account (exception)
Advertise here for LN Tip my kids
My useful topics: Meritt & Trust & Moreee Art Advertise here for LN Forum Features
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 07:17:18 AM

I have around three quarters of the boards on ignore, and Bitcoin Talk seems to load much faster, and be more manageable. I've got the local boards on ignore because I don't speak the languages, and I've just un-ignored beginners. Other than that I have all of the announcements and gambling boards on ignore, and also all of the mining ones - they seem to be reserved for elite top end miners only. There are a few more that are of negligible value to me.

The ability to ignore boards is a great tool if you want to scan the forum efficiently for topics that are of interest to you.

ps. I've just had a database error as I tried to make this post. Maybe this is the worst consequence of the rain of bot spamming.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 07:47:08 AM

Excluding quotes, I count about 60 MB and 50k+ posts per day on the forum as a whole.
Take this as a ballpark figure, my guess would be the forum take a few times more space than the full Bitcoin Bockchain.

That is quite a lot. Anyway about this problems, for db of this size it's quite common requiring interventions to optimize queries in order to make the most out of it and make things run smoothly.
TBboys

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:36:59 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2018, 10:00:03 AM by TBboys

There is no doubt that social media links have become the biggest source of pollution forums.Forums need to reduce spams, so social media links should be banned throughout the forum, including the bounty section, if the bounty participants want Report weekly work and should use the form of Google Forms.
I bet that once social media links are banned, spams will be reduced by at least 80%, and social media links are banned without affecting the bounty thread. They can still use other methods than posting in thread.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
burakdat

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:55:51 PM

yeah maybe because this is one of the biggest data consuming section wherein there are many ICO project being announced, bounties being introduced and the altcoin discussion. These parts are really data consuming but i really do not know if i am correct because i am only guessing here base on my observation of the forum.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: