Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:04:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is it : coin price (or market) correction?  (Read 237 times)
Ericgreen

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:26:31 AM

Coin price correction I think is what they call it when the price of BTC or any altcoin suddenly fly way up and then a day later the price dips and back up and dips again till the price go low almost back to its previous price before the pump. It does happen every time BTC goes up for about 10%. Last year the price reach up to $20k and not its $6k, you can consider it price correction but some call it the bottom.
Yeah you are right; simply I can say that ups and downs in the price for short periods is called price corrections. You can also use price volatility and price fluctuations. These all terms are used when the price goes up and down again and there is no stability in the price. You can also use the word variation in the price, but variation to some extent is different from correction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
darewaller

Activity: 2786
Merit: 634

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:52:05 AM
Merited by beerlover (1)

sometimes i hear about :coin price (or market) correction  term ,  What is the precise definition of this term? When and how does it happen? And why?
I think correction takes place when the devs believes that the price of a particular asset or so its being valued more than the rate its supposed to the valued. So I just think that the price of Bitcoin bubbled too much and got to a very high price more than what it’s meant to be and that’s why the devs has chosen to take action and put it to what it’s meant to be. But that doesn’t stop another price bubble from taking place.
HAKHALI (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 25

Bitcoin=Decentralization+ Consensus+High sec=TRUST

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:58:03 PM

sometimes i hear about :coin price (or market) correction  term ,  What is the precise definition of this term? When and how does it happen? And why?
This term, in my opinion, is better understood in terms of the positive aspects. The market changes positively and improves upon various factors, positive information or any other country related to cryptocurrency and accepts or sees it. Same thing as XRP right now. That is the general effect of psychology and community.
It actually depends on the way everyone wants to see it, it could be a short term correction or a long term correction as the case may be, and what we are seeing now certainly is a long term correction, looking at the number of months we have been in the bear trend after last year's bull run.

It was expected, it is normal and I only see it as an opportunity for those who are smart to be buying at a lower price. Simply, the idea for any smart investor is to buy when people are fearful and sell when people are getting greedy.

A market correction is a term normally used for a decrease by at least 10% of the market value which means any decrease with 10% and above, can be considered as a correction, so I guess it is a better word to use for it and at the same time, volatility is just another term that certainly works with the nature of the market or we could just say it is the characteristics of the market.
Correction happens after a temporary upswing in the market which is what we could see from last year and the correction we are having now.
Thank you and thanks  to all those who responded !!  I think that your answer Summarizes the typical answer to my query. Smiley
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1156

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:47:32 PM

simply I can say that ups and downs in the price for short periods is called price corrections. You can also use price volatility and price fluctuations. These all terms are used when the price goes up and down again and there is no stability in the price. You can also use the word variation in the price, but variation to some extent is different from correction.
Corrections will always be part of every market and there is certainly no way we can run away from it, and now this can differ based on the condition of the market most of the time. For instance, we have had some pretty good healthy corrections for a while now and there is a possibility to start seeing some growth, but the main idea of correction is to find a balance for the market to continue its uptrend and it is always a good time to buy more at the end of the corrections anyway.

I think correction takes place when the devs believes that the price of a particular asset or so its being valued more than the rate its supposed to the valued. So I just think that the price of Bitcoin bubbled too much and got to a very high price more than what it’s meant to be and that’s why the devs has chosen to take action and put it to what it’s meant to be. But that doesn’t stop another price bubble from taking place.
I would not say the devs in particular, it could be the whales or whoever, but most of the time, the market is always driven to  a state in which it gets off the hook and then you see it reaching some overbought stage and in cases like that, when the power tends to dropdown, correction is always imminent. Corrections are always temporary and not certainly supposed to be for long as long as the market eventually tends to find a bottom eventually.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
HAKHALI (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 25

Bitcoin=Decentralization+ Consensus+High sec=TRUST

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:54:44 PM

I can say that , based on all of the above, the correction means the return of the coin price to the real support or resistant area , which represents the lowest real value of the price of this coin ... For this, any price dropping  below that price is not possible and the price will certainly rise up later ... is this a good description ? Grin
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:33:54 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2018, 04:19:44 PM by reda

It's the value of the all coin price. So people check the value then invest. Market value is important of the all project business. If the value is down price also down. Most of the country business in the marketplace. It helps to connect with all country and join to work for the business improvement. The market is important for all business. It good for the people get more information from the marketplace. So plan to invest, Then easy to get more profit.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: