Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:56:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US Senate hearings on Bitcoin  (Read 396 times)
Stigmuu

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:19:09 AM

Oh..thank you for this link..it so very helpful for us to be aware of the proper conduct of btc
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:58:18 AM

good support from DLT for virtual currency, and I think this will make us more calm. because the security and transactions will run safely and smoothly.

I hope DLT and bitcoin, can be more specific to establish business relationships, so that both can be mutually beneficial, for DLT and for the crypto world.

arrmia11

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:59:48 AM

Hoping that it will be a good start again for bitcoin users because the status of bitcoin for past months is frustrating. Maybe they already realize that they can't really hold and have a full control in crypto currency and that bitcoin users had a full freedom on their holdings.

jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:30:17 PM

It is a really great news and the market is reacting to it positively and i really do appreciate the positive feedback that is being put out amidst of all the negative news,either way we know and the senate knows that bitcoin is here to stay for a very long time,it may be volatile but the market will be here and there is no one stopping that.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 09:41:43 PM

It's happening today.

Virtual Currencies Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Chair Jay Clayton and Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Chair Christopher Giancarlo testify at a hearing on virtual currencies.

Airing LIVE Tuesday, Feb 06 10:00am EST on C-SPAN.org

https://www.banking.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/hearings?ID=D8EC44B1-F141-4778-A042-584E0F3B9D39

It's going well:

"DLT is likely to have a broad and lasting impact on global financial markets in payments, banking, securities settlement, title recording, cyber security and trade reporting and analysis.24 When tied to virtual currencies, this technology aims to serve as a new store of value, facilitate secure payments, enable asset transfers, and power new applications." -The Honorable J. Christopher Giancarlo

This is a very positive news on media, supporting bitcoin, nowadays there is few news like this, so many news in media but most of them is negative in my point of view. This is something different. they directly focused on cyrpto currency that is good.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
israfil

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:21:13 AM

I hope the present situation will change, because here my life and many of us are involved in 50% of the wealth disappear and my life's journey will be dark.
Hopefully the storm will be passed this month soon. Hopefully we hope the market will be good,,
jhonnydeep87

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:57:32 AM

Everything is fine with bitcoin right now and we've all seen massive withdrawals. Do not lose bitcoin because it's your future. Cool
Lamisa asfiya

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:08:24 PM

Some should be careful, the US authorities see cryptocurrency lightly and they do not want to do any harm to it. But they are demanding some rule rules in the regulation. They demanded to share the rent. But it can be very bad. Now the path needs to be sent to increase it. Again it is also good news, because of which it will have a positive impact on the market.
matthewoz101

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:47:46 PM

It's happening today.

Virtual Currencies Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Chair Jay Clayton and Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Chair Christopher Giancarlo testify at a hearing on virtual currencies.

https://www.banking.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/hearings?ID=D8EC44B1-F141-4778-A042-584E0F3B9D39

It's going well:

"DLT is likely to have a broad and lasting impact on global financial markets in payments, banking, securities settlement, title recording, cyber security and trade reporting and analysis.24 When tied to virtual currencies, this technology aims to serve as a new store of value, facilitate secure payments, enable asset transfers, and power new applications." -The Honorable J. Christopher Giancarlo

Here are my thoughts on what I listened to... ICOs were brought up specifically. I'm glad the SEC is going to eliminate more Scam/Spam ICOs that investors fall for. However, the increased SEC enforcement is going to probably impact the cryptocurrency space negatively because many ICOs and coins aren't up to date with the SEC's standards at all. If the SEC decides to increase their enforcement of regulations, then it might lead to many coins being delisted from exchanges that will comply with the SEC regulations.

Overall, the regulations will prevent scam coins and ICOs/protect investors. Investors will be able to safely invest, without the fear of being scammed, and it should lead to more investors in cryptocurrency space in general. I believe these types of hearings are pushing cryptocurrencies closer to massive adoption.
damrianto

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:30:28 PM

The head of the Commission will testify at a virtual currency audience. Currently, these two departments are actively involved in the development of mechanisms aimed at regulating cryptocurrency markets. Special attention to the cryptocurrency area has become a priority for the Head of the Commission. In particular, this concerns the launch of start-ups that have proven to attract more investors.
nicko122

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:06:34 AM

It's happening today.

It's going well:

Perhaps this is the next important step in the development of the cryptocurrency market around the world. It is high time to legalize cryptocurrencies in all countries.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:30:33 PM

It's happening today.

It's going well:

I don’t know what to say but I think the good time for the bitcoin has come because people all around the world has started thinking about bitcoin and the possible financial future with the bitcoin and other crypto currencies. If bitcoin be legalised all around the world and will be use as a global currency then it will impact global financial markets in payments, banking , securities, settlement, title recording, cyber security in positive way obviously and I guess this crypto currency will give better user experience to all around the world in comparison to all other existing currencies.
yayat

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:45:58 PM

Maybe the fact is now the SEC rejects ETFs, and makes the price of Bitcoin also drops to the price of $ 6,200.

But hopefully for the future Bitcoin will rise again in price.
Because many of the Bitcoin community feel their wallets are reduced because of that factor.
shadyrifles

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:26:03 PM

I watched the whole discussion from the beginning till the end; the hearing was mainly focused on ICOs and global financial markets in payments. I was expecting much from Coinbase representative to speak more in favor of cryptocurrencies.
AbduRRozzaqAbduLLah

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:05:38 PM

The Senate Banking Committee heard testimony from the chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), Christopher Giancarlo, and the chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Jay Clayton, on the digital currencies as investments. But luckily, their testimony, amid a crackdown on Bitcoin exchanges in China and South Korea, wasn’t as negative as many cyrptocurrency investors had feared.

As a result, Bitcoin prices is flying in colours.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:16:14 PM

What do they need to here? We all know bitcoin is "untouchable" but for the Senate to have it?
Why don't they focus on the bigger problem? bitcoin is not this one is being the biggest help for them and to the country so why they need to? we know that every country incompetent on having worked for everyone and bitcoin is providing it. therefore why? why do they want to stop this?
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:38:56 PM

I watched the whole discussion from the beginning till the end; the hearing was mainly focused on ICOs and global financial markets in payments. I was expecting much from Coinbase representative to speak more in favor of cryptocurrencies.
One might agree with Roubini on some of his stances against cryptos especially about the pump and dump method that people are using to get rich on the backs of others. But it seems all his negativity didn’t amount to much.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆