Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:09:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Successful Test of Cold Fusion Device - Customer (DARPA?) pays 2 million$.  (Read 7379 times)
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 05:29:40 PM

Those who don't yet recognize this "invention" as a scam may find this article interesting:
http://blog.newenergytimes.com/2011/10/30/noble-aspirations-are-not-enough/

lol

A blog commenter using the name “Penny Gruber” nailed it:

“Rossi is a convicted [criminal guilty of] serial fraud. His discovery is that, with enough chutzpah, one can convince a number of people that an electric tea kettle is a new kind of nuclear reactor.”

-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 05:32:54 PM

i would tend to believe it's more of a scam that meyer's hho,

With Meyer's you don't have to believe anything. There is a perfectly good wiki page. He also filed a patent so you can just build what he made and see if it works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Meyer's_water_fuel_cell
http://www.google.com/patents/about/4389981_Hydrogen_gas_injector_system_for.html?id=ihY9AAAAEBAJ

That is the best think about patents. Nobody can buy them up and hide them. If it is patented, it is public.

heh maybe you misunderstood my words, we're on the same side here, i only meant to say that meyer invention is publicly known as a scam and strongly believe he made it work through water resonance like he states in his patents.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 05:47:34 PM

I'm not skeptical at all, i believe it's possible it works and can be a revolutionary technology but i refuse to use another "device" that creates it's energy based on some material element, few grams of nickel is used by this cold fusion device. Nickel is cheap but in case this technology is adopted could be the next "fossil fuel" if you ask me with all the bad things that will bring.

We already have inventions that create lots more and don't have to use nothing in the process, they are being kept secret by gov all over the world, and seeing a device like this being publicized should rise some alerts for ppl. We are prohibited even experimenting with free energy devices and scientists all over the world, funded by big business, spend most of their time bashing and denying it's existence with their flawed laws and shit.
The first and second laws of thermodynamics are valid and will be forever but are mistakenly interpreted or applied, you have to look at the "big" picture when measuring energy put into and output of a device. The vacuum is full of "static" energy that enters freely in every device we make. The basic principle in every OU device, mechanic, electric or chem, is a very efficient oscillator (pendulum) or swing that you have to "push" at it's resonant frequency to have it build huge amounts of energy that you can have for free. We see free energy devices all day long in the parks but don't stop to think how they really work Tongue

Sorry for the long post but i had to say all this.

Wow, that post is loaded with crap. Where to start?

Okay, I will look at the example of a kid on a playground. The kid sits on a swing, pumps their legs, and starts moving, seemingly getting free energy. Have you seen how much sugar kids eat? The kid is burning chemical energy taken in from food to pump the muscles at the resonant frequency. It is not energy for free, it is changing potential energy (chemical) into kinetic energy (movement).

eh take it easy on concepts, you're mixing the source of the energy that a kid has cumulated as potential with the impulse given to the swing at resonance (first 25% of it's travel). Imagine i put an electromagnet, instead of a kid, at one side of the swing, how much sugar we would have to put into it to make it work...  Cheesy

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 05:48:13 PM

Okay, I will look at the example of a kid on a playground. The kid sits on a swing, pumps their legs, and starts moving, seemingly getting free energy. Have you seen how much sugar kids eat? The kid is burning chemical energy taken in from food to pump the muscles at the resonant frequency. It is not energy for free

It IS free energy on Halloween. We're just not taking enough advantage of it.
Mageant (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1145

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 06:49:40 PM

That is the best think about patents. Nobody can buy them up and hide them. If it is patented, it is public.

Sorry to disappoint you but there are thousands of patents that have been suppressed due to "National Security".
There is a law that allows this and it has been used a lot: Title 35, United States Code (1952), sections 181-188.

cjgames.com
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 07:21:28 PM

Those who don't yet recognize this "invention" as a scam may find this article interesting:
http://blog.newenergytimes.com/2011/10/30/noble-aspirations-are-not-enough/

lol

A blog commenter using the name “Penny Gruber” nailed it:

“Rossi is a convicted [criminal guilty of] serial fraud. His discovery is that, with enough chutzpah, one can convince a number of people that an electric tea kettle is a new kind of nuclear reactor.”

I mentioned it once and will now do so again. The key word here is "Bologna".

He then offered to drive four hours round-trip to pick me up at Milan airport, and I told him no, I’ll take the train down to Bologna. Eventually, I agreed to let him buy me a sandwich and pay for a taxi ride back to my hotel.
Red

Activity: 210
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 07:21:55 PM

Sorry to disappoint you but there are thousands of patents that have been suppressed due to "National Security".
There is a law that allows this and it has been used a lot: Title 35, United States Code (1952), sections 181-188.

I read those sections. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/35/usc_sec_35_00000181----000-.html

The head of a major government agency has to re-classify a patent every year. The government still has to pay compensation. And the penalty is up to $10,000 and two years in prison. That hardly appears to be a sufficient technique for squashing billion dollar energy technologies.
Mageant (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 07:25:46 PM

I read those sections. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/35/usc_sec_35_00000181----000-.html

The head of a major government agency has to re-classify a patent every year. The government still has to pay compensation. And the penalty is up to $10,000 and two years in prison. That hardly appears to be a sufficient technique for squashing billion dollar energy technologies.

It is very effective. The government can extend it after each year, and furthermore it also stays in effect during a war or a national emergency (we currently have both, we are still officially in a "national emergency" due to 9/11).

cjgames.com
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 07:27:52 PM

anyone who have any data on how this free energy stuff will affect mining?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Red

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 07:43:33 PM

It is very effective. The government can extend it after each year, and furthermore it also stays in effect during a war or a national emergency (we currently have both, we are still officially in a "national emergency" due to 9/11).

So you are saying this is so effective that nobody has ever risked the $10,000 fine and 2 years in jail to go for the billions of dollars that magic energy would bring? I mean, even the book rights on the government conspiracy story would be worth millions. But it would only be worth that if magic energy actually worked. The "government is squashing my technology against my will" story only holds if your billion dollar technology doesn't really work.

It is like claiming you have a technique for creating undetectable forgeries of US currency. But you can't explain the technology because the government might fine you $10,000. That is circularly silly. If you have the technology, how could the government tell if you paid the fine in forged money.

Even this Italian guy is claiming he wants to patent and publish his technology. He claims he is only keeping it secret because he is being declined a patent. In the US you can get a patent even if your idea doesn't work. I say give him a patent and let's see what all the fuss is about.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 08:20:14 PM

As I said, there's also the issue of assuming every one of these free energy things is invented in US, or in a country that supresses them. Competing governments like China, North Korea, or Iran would LOVE to get their hands on this tech just to show up the western countries. Why aren't these inventors selling to them?
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 08:35:24 PM

anyone who have any data on how this free energy stuff will affect mining?

that will not be a real problem because "free energy" miners would have to amortize their investment and coins would have minimum value imposed by them, the real problem would be, and maybe critics will find intrinsic value of bitcoin too, when we manage to create matter from energy with methods within reach for everyone.
I don't want to go too sci-fy here but recent discoveries made me believe we may have star-trek "replicators" more close than we thought... link

Imagine a world, 50 years from now, in which everyone has it's personal "replicator" just the size of a microwave oven where he can push some buttons and replicate any material thing you can think of like food, raw metals, tools, you name it. In that case what would you use as store of value ?  Could bitcoin be our latinum ?

JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 08:38:31 PM

As I said, there's also the issue of assuming every one of these free energy things is invented in US, or in a country that supresses them. Competing governments like China, North Korea, or Iran would LOVE to get their hands on this tech just to show up the western countries. Why aren't these inventors selling to them?

The obviou answer is: maybe it's a load of bullshit?
Red

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 09:44:40 PM

It's all bullshit except the one I believe is real! Smiley
Mageant (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2011, 04:11:12 PM

"... Invention Secrecy Still Going Strong
October 21st, 2010 by Steven Aftergood

There were 5,135 inventions that were under secrecy orders at the end of Fiscal Year 2010, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office told Secrecy News last week.  It’s a 1% rise over the year before, and the highest total in more than a decade.

Under the Invention Secrecy Act of 1951, patent applications on new inventions can be subject to secrecy orders restricting their publication if government agencies believe that disclosure would be “detrimental to the national security.” ..."

http://www.fas.org/blog/secrecy/2010/10/invention_secrecy_2010.html

cjgames.com
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2011, 04:25:38 PM

The key word is still "Bologna".
Red

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 04:27:14 PM

The site says most were military as would be expected. Some *could be* solar cell efficiency related which is related to military satellites not ground based power.

But your own source list only 11 "John Doe" Secrecy Orders (imposed on private inventors)
http://www.fas.org/sgp/othergov/invention/stats.html

What is the chance that one of these is mystical free energy? Vs say the chance that they are rednecks making things that go boom?
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2011, 05:50:31 PM

The site says most were military as would be expected. Some *could be* solar cell efficiency related which is related to military satellites not ground based power.

But your own source list only 11 "John Doe" Secrecy Orders (imposed on private inventors)
http://www.fas.org/sgp/othergov/invention/stats.html

What is the chance that one of these is mystical free energy? Vs say the chance that they are rednecks making things that go boom?

more than 50% chance i'd say. GPS system was designed for military use at first so a "solar cell efficiency related which is related to military satellites" is not a reason to withhold the technology...

Red

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 06:42:53 PM

more than 50% chance i'd say.

Just some friendly advice. Don't go to Vegas!
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2011, 07:21:20 PM

The key word is still "Bologna".

I'm missing something PG.  What's wrong with Bologna?  I've driven past it once, on the way to Milan on the only time I have been in Europe, and one of my colleagues did a semester for her international commercial masters in law there - she liked the food.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: