Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:59:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements  (Read 41269 times)
ruslan8089

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:45:27 AM

I translated many Bounty and ANN threads on my local language from different accounts with Jr.Member (some my accounts was hacked and I used different accounts). From now all my translations posted from Newbie - they are abandoned, because you decided to downgrade my accounts. What should I do? I worked hard for 4 months. Who will pay me for my work? You just killed me and thousand users that promote blockchain to the world. You killed big part of Bitcoin community. I thought blockchain was created from people for people, but now I see that it is just another scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 07:47:36 AM

There is lot of user those aren't yet spend his/her initial smerit. I don't know how we should encourage them to spend smerit for high quality post. Although there is additional merit source added but we should spend our smerit too. So it will help Jr. Member those are make quality and useful post.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dear53

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:48:51 AM

Thank you sir. It is very well understood that this roulce will decrease due to many scam. This will be of great benefit to everyone in our Bitcointalk team. It's really a pretty good decision but to tell the truth, I did not try less to get a Merit and especially those who are new to be very hard to get a Merit on their behalf. With the rank of Jr member that we're doing a lot more income but not but it is very sad to say that it is closed for us from today. Only for some scammers, Our work has been closed today. It looks really helpless. Thank you everyone and And special thanks for sir theymos... Smiley Smiley Smiley

Xlady
Copper Member

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:49:32 AM

Classic case of the Rich getter richer and the poor getting poorer. Lol. Anyways even though this affected me, guess we all now have to buckle up with creating meaningful posts.  Grin
LAST_MM

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:50:37 AM

"Well-Spoken", Theymos
Merit System is the trophy got of people by hard work for searching and sharing their idea of some project. You need to earn trust and liability for hard work not by purchasing it.
Thank you for new insight
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 07:51:55 AM

I think this is cool, but many have posted good post but didn't get the merit but with the situation at hand we have no other choice than keep trying and definitely one day we could get it,

but there should also be a measure that will check how merit is given and if the post really deserve it cos many post out there don't even deserve it but you will just see bunch of merit been shower on the post , this also need to be stop cause many pay for it which is a cheat to those who work hard to have it and those who give it out on payment should also be demote with that there will be a measure to know how to give merit , thank you.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:52:31 AM

Where can I buy the merit please.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=credit;promote This will help you wear a signature.
hemendrachauhan19

Activity: 181
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:54:30 AM

I have posted few good posts which are worth some merits for sure, but never received them from anyone. I'm trying my best to post some good posts or articles but not sure how or when I'll receive them. How will you ensure that good posts must get a merit?

Here's the reference to my posts, just have a look and see if they are worth the merits or not:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4964722
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4744963
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4507121

kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1086

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:54:55 AM
Merited by dbshck (2)

I really appreciate about this new regulation. This regulation is not only to limit excessive garbage-postings but also lessen the number of Junior Ranks. Actually, I have also tried to make good postings or comments months but still get nothing so far. However, I have some questions related to this new regulation:

1. Is this regulation really effective to reduce the excessive garbage-postings? Is it the best way for it?
2. Don't you think the garbage-postings not only comes from Junior Member or Newbie? Higher ranks are also possible to make it. Is this regulation fair for Junior Member?  
3. Will you make the rules to get merit easier as the reciprocity the new strict regulation for newbie.  

I just deliver my opinion as a forum member. Thank you so much for your attention.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Rumayanhi

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:56:44 AM

If people are making good posts but are still struggling to get merit, then that's a problem with the merit system and should be fixed on my end.

Without a doubt I agree in some point that getting merits even though you are making good quality post is too hard for the most of us here. In my opinion, there are reasons why a certain person doesn't receive any merits because:

1. He is not that famous here in the forum, I mean based on what I observed on this forum, most of the members that gets merits are those who have higher reputation in this forum, well I guess that can't be help since they are really making good quality post, but I think getting merits depends on how much we appreciated that certain person, if we know that he is making good quality post, let's say for example we read someone's post but his name is not familiar to us yet the quality is good, we will have a second thought if we are going to give him a merit, unlike when we are in the situation that we see a post from a very famous people here, and automatically we give them merits without hesitating.

2. His post has always been buried in the previous thread because of the spamming post made by the shit posters, making it hard to be find.
3. Most of the merited posts are in this thread, if I'm not mistaken, I rarely see post on the other threads like Bitcoin Discussion, Economy and Altcoin Discussion that has been merited by someone. I know you'll say that there is a lot of spammers in those threads, but there are some who are making good quality post too.

Again, this is just my opinion. Smiley

before I apologize if I want to express my opinion
I agree with your opinion that the first point of the average of those who get awards is people who are famous and know in moderators or whatever,
but if it has become an admin policy, I only accept being a newbie  and lastly I thank you for this new policy
Vilex

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:58:36 AM

Of course, everything was done right, just as well, that they added new merin source
But people who have already been on the forum for 4-6 months, do not have a measure because they participate in the bounty compgain, they are active users of the forum - now they are newbie
I have 168 activity, 161 days of registration, and I'm a newbie
So what if you they (including you) are a newbie?? You can participate in bounty campaign even you are a newbie right? Its just you can't participate in signature campaign and its a big move from admins since most spam are coming from signature campaign.

I will say this. Those who are complaining here are proofs that whatever features are implemented here are working. Merit system worked and now this 1 merit req. and demoting also works. Those complainants are the ones who are contributing spam to the forum.

This petition is useless. Are you the admin of the forum?? You are just one of the users thay came here just for money and not for knowledge. Instead of doing this stupid petition. Its better for you to leave the forum if you don't like how the forum is. STUPID!!

Only as happens often, you need to do dozens of useful posts, answers
To you put at least 1 merit, and this is due to the fact that posts are often lost somewhere among spam responses, that merits often put people who have some kind of reputation on the forum
And for newbie to get one's first merit is not very simple

A jr.member was the rand that shows that you are already on the forum not the first month you are and shares completely new accounts from accounts 2 months
And now any new account will become a beginner and have the same rank as a person who has been on the forum for 6 months already
sends1

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 08:04:29 AM

I think, not all jr's get a downgrade rating should be the person who made the shitpost get it. Then what if you follow the signature campaign? (does not make shitpost) minimum average for participating in Jr. ranks, can be crossed from spreadsheets just because of new rules and is very detrimental to jr rank who does not make / make shitpost. Sorry and thank you before, my english so bad :v
JWKY

Activity: 602
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:05:05 AM

a brief translation to chinese forum  Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5030512.msg45816170#msg45816170

●⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬ Bitcoin RM(First smart fork of Bitcoin,100% Proof-of-Work) ▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫●
▬ ● ▬   Bitcoin RM is NOW LIVE, Pool mining, ECI apply now HERE   ▬ ● ▬
●⚫ ▬▬▬ Website | ANN | Discord | GitHub | Reddit | Youtube | Medium | Facebook | Twitter | Pool ▬▬▬ ⚫●
Q2kc

Activity: 560
Merit: 15

$100k per 1 BTC in Year 2020

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 08:06:49 AM

I feel sorry for my friends that are around on this forum for months but still struggling to get even 1 Merit, from jr.member down to newbie Sad , some of these guys having a hard time, difficulty using the English language etc. but at the same time this move by Theymos is a game changer regarding Spam and multiple account users. It's like a purge!
blackssmith2018

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:07:53 AM
Merited by malibubaby (1)

I respect the new rule and I don't care if my rank will back to a newbie I already accept the truth since I created this account I started to post a good and quality but no one recognizes me and no one give me a little piece of merit so I decided to keep quiet and keep going to the task as a bounty hunter Since I reach the Jr. member I'm Happy because I can join to Signature Campaign and easy to find bounty because a lot of bounties are required a jr. member rank but sad to say to us we need to push harder to reach a new goal road for the Jr. Member Smiley Good luck Guys have a good day!
Bountyhonter

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 08:08:03 AM

I like the idea of demoting Jr members to newbies to prevent spam but in my own opinion the rank isn't what determines who would post spam contents or not, I think adding bots that would automatically prevent people from making too much posts within an hour and flagging some particular words would really help to prevent spam.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:08:35 AM

wow, I did not expect this to happen.

The change means a lot of work for the merit sources. Among all the post finding the right ones to distribute merits. That's like finding the needle in a haystack.

I wish you much success. And a lot of energy.
jay sd

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:11:57 AM

Dear forum members who were demoted from Jr to Newbie,
Stop being panic and don't worry about this new rule. Now you (Including me) have given a chance to prove that you are worth to this forum by making meaningful and useful posts. Just focus on your works. Not on merits. If you deserve merits then you will be given. Just think this is a chance to pay your attention to your other bounty related works. Good luck.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:12:41 AM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

The wave of Copper shitposters is coming but it won't last for very long, after the first few bans they will start loosing money Smiley

uyysidmc
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:12:50 AM

Many of these limitations can be eliminated with a copper membership. In particular, you can set a signature at Member level if you wear a copper membership.
I want to know when is the copper membership will expire ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: