Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:14:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements  (Read 41257 times)
stompix
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 6156

Jambler.io

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:29:19 AM

Wow, the best news to read on a Monday morning coffee...

Now in a week time, it would be pretty interesting to see some statistics like
-copper membership purchases
-drop in daily posts
-number of newbies that got 1 merit during this period

I know a few places where you could stick that petition to greater effect so that at least somebody would care about it

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
..JAMBLER.io..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GGurol

Activity: 112
Merit: 31

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:31:03 AM

"I just added 36 new merit sources, which should help newbies achieve the requirement"

This may give an idea. Some of merit sources only can give to newbies. It can be parted. 10 sources for newbies, 10 sources for JRs etc.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:33:04 AM

this petition really shows how "they" are acting.

I urge all concerned forum participants to sign the petition! Since the new rules in obtaining ranks limit us and give privileges to old users, as the competition for them will be less!

what kind of competition? competition between users to get a spot in paid campaign?  Roll Eyes Is this really all what it is about for so much users here.

and yes i have a paid sig and i earn something while reading and posting here.
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:33:13 AM

I totally understand the move because of so many shitposts that people place to make the signature requirements. Only why not just change the option to wear a signature to members+. So with 10 merits or more?

I am a BountyHunter, trying to build up a little portfolio of cryptocurrencies because I truly believe in the blockchain. Since I have no money to invest and missed the 2017 hype, Bountyhunting is the only way for me to do so.

Because of the demotion to Newbie, I cannot enter most bounty campaigns anymore and seriously reduces my ability to earn some crypto in a fair way.

Another thing I noticed in the merit system: almost all merit goes to people who already have merit. It's like in society, where rich people, like to be around rich people and help each other getting richer. If a newbie (or poor guy) comes up with something he/she often does not get the credit for it.
In many ways, I agree with you. We will try and write posts, with useful thoughts.  But some posts, smell insincerity.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 6856

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:33:18 AM

Just noticed that they created a petition for Bitcointalk.com  Cheesy

No wonder they aren’t smart enough to get a single merit after making more than 100/400/1000 posts.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
abdulmad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:33:49 AM

Another thing I noticed in the merit system: almost all merit goes to people who already have merit. It's like in society, where rich people, like to be around rich people and help each other getting richer. If a newbie (or poor guy) comes up with something he/she often does not get the credit for it.

I would send you a Merit-Point. But I don't have any left. Because I think you are right - you made a good conclusion. For well-established users its easier to get merits. That why i proposed the change to let people rank up without merits. But don't let people use signatures without merits. There are a lot of prejudices. Prejudices against the post of newbies.

I kind of agree with this sentiment, what we have to ask ourselves how much can we lesson the impact of continuous unrelated posts that fill our boards. Account farming is a problem mostly those that engage in bounty hunting but we will never eradicate the problem entirely.

And I agree with your post, you will most likely receive more merits from people that you know or in your circle, the merit system still needs more work but I guess its work in progress at this point.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 16325

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:36:59 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2018, 06:16:22 PM by LoyceV
Merited by Foxpup (5), mocacinno (1)

Created a petition!
Lol Cheesy
You must be confused, thinking this is a democracy where spammers get a vote.

May we get some hints where we can find those 36 new merit sources?
I'll give you a hint: begging for Merit isn't going to get you anything good.

Many of these limitations can be eliminated with a copper membership. In particular, you can set a signature at Member level if you wear a copper membership.
I want to know when is the copper membership will expire ?
Never (but you can get banned!). The perks may change in the future though.

I already see several Newbies who complain (or compliment) in this thread, and suddenly received 1 Merit today! See this example, he received 1 Merit for an old post 17 minutes before posting in this thread.
I'd say the next step should be for everybody (all Ranks!) to lose 1 Merit every x days. It could be as low as one per year, or maybe once every 3 months. That should demotivate users from buying one Merit somewhere.
Any normal poster won't be influenced much by losing 1 Merit once in a while.

But it's a good start already!

Reference data for future abuse tracking:
Last Friday, 6286 users had received 1 Merit.
One week earlier, 6237 users had received 1 Merit.
One more week back, 6190 users had received 1 Merit.
That's an increase of less than 50 per week. I wouldn't be surprised if there are 500 new users with 1 Merit next Friday.

Update: Follow-up reading

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
abdulmad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:39:44 AM

this petition really shows how "they" are acting.

I urge all concerned forum participants to sign the petition! Since the new rules in obtaining ranks limit us and give privileges to old users, as the competition for them will be less!

what kind of competition? competition between users to get a spot in paid campaign?  Roll Eyes Is this really all what it is about for so much users here.

and yes i have a paid sig and i earn something while reading and posting here.

Lol this is funny, being paid in an ad campaign is just a bonus, we here since the dawn of where it all started not purely for financial gain, I think this petition has more to do with how much certain individuals are about lose than actually being part of the forum.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 16325

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:41:30 AM

180 posts that are mostly spam are my past mistakes. If only I could go back to the past to change that. But I don't think that will happen. I hope there is a menu for deleting posts that we have created so that I can delete errors that I made in the past.
You can go to your post history, open each old post, and start deleting.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:42:38 AM

@LoyceV:
As far is know you are a merit source. thats why i would like to ask you this question?

Do you judge post made by a user that has a paid sig differently than a post made by a user without "paid posts"?

And please be honst. ty.
Lighthouze

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:43:03 AM

Getting 1 merit as required to rank up won't be such a tall order. Even though it's been a tad difficult before now. But I won't give up, I'll continue to strive to add value with my posts as required. As a user, I get irritated by shitposts too. So to all current newbies by vitue of the new rules, let's get to work, wear our thinking caps and create those quality posts.

imusify.com  ❰  Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  BACKED BY NEO
Alone055

Activity: 865
Merit: 193

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:44:46 AM

Finally, something to back-up the Merit system a little bit. Those out-of-control spambeasts would now have no reason to keep doing what made the forum look extremely off-context. Eventhough they can possibly bypass this quite easily if one of their friends/relatives have some sMerits to give away, but that won't be the case for everyone, and it would definitely reduce the spam to a large extent.

Thank you hilariousandco for always saying this to be implemented though it took some time, and thank you theymos for finally implementing this.

I'm literally happy to see this happening!  Grin

Veleor
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1653

Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:45:48 AM

It's good to see hilariousandco suggestion of adding a merit requirement for Junior Members has finally been put in place. Thanks theymos! Smiley
Although, I might have gone with a more drastic measure of up to 5 merits required to rank-up.
At least 3 merit to the rank-up will much complicate the activities of the account farmers and spammers.
asuredbet3

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:45:56 AM

I think this is a welcome development because alot of meaningless post are made on this platform but we can't deny the fact that alot of quality posts go unnoticed by the senior members who ought to give merit. But ain't no giving up.
blackssmith2018

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:46:00 AM

1 merit is not a big deal, but if the problem garbage posts, it could be a post quality measure by another way too. Like pointing a post, etc.
Member+ requirement merits very hard anymore. Believe me nobody gives their merits even in local sections to very very high quality posts.
You right even we make a wonderful post they decline our post even we help others question even we make a more constructive post if they know we need merit they will decline.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 4911

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:47:42 AM
Merited by Foxpup (4)

--snip--
I already see several Newbies who complain (or compliment) in this thread, and suddenly received 1 Merit today! See this example, he received 1 Merit for an old post 17 minutes before posting in this thread.
I'd say the next step should be for everybody (all Ranks!) to lose 1 Merit every x days. It could be as low as one per year, or maybe once every 3 months. That should demotivate users from buying one Merit somewhere.
Any normal poster won't be influenced much by losing 1 Merit once in a while.
--snip--

I already noticed the same thing... Maybe it would be a good idear to generate some statistics in a couple of days and create a list of posts that were given exactly 1 merit AND this 1 merit was needed to stop the demotion of the receivers... That way we could filter trough these posts and neg tag anybody who clearly tried to cheat the system by trading/buying exactly 1 merit....

Creating such a list would be easy (i can do this without needing anybody's help), but filtering out the abusers would be a daunting task...

As for the proposition of anybody losing 1 merit every x days: i must say i'm against the proposition... What about people that seldomly post? Even if 100% of their posts would be high quality, it would still be probable for them to demote if they didn't forcefully post a couple posts every couple of days...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JamescrypTrader

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:47:42 AM

This is really a great initiative to make the forum more clear and remove the scam. I hope that merit source will act accordingly in case of merit giving. Else, there will be no opportunity for the quality-full new comers. And I have trust on the selector of merit source.

Quality post was rare in recent time. This decision can assure the quality and helpful posts. However, I always respect the rules set by the mods and admins.
Suwycu

Activity: 350

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:48:42 AM

Despite the fact that it also affected my account, I think I did the right thing.  Because a lot of multi accounts were sitting in the subscription, now they will be less

█ ▌   FABA  |  https://vc.fabainvest.com/   ▐ █   ICO-sale has started⚫══ POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING ══⚫
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:49:02 AM

I have an idea.
For member Jr.member without merit will be transferred to Newbie -> I agree.
But there will be other ways to find merit
For example: exchange Activity to merit?
Such as: 200 or 300 Activity = 1 merit.
Please ignore if you feel it is unreasonable.

You agree that jr. members without merit and will be demoted to newbie but you said there will be other ways to earn merit by exchanging activity for merit, i'm sure that will result to SPAM FLOOD, do you know you? Newbies and former jr. members won't earn merit through posting good quality or merit worthy because they can exchange activity for merit. So, merit implentation will be useless and fir nothing. Your Idea is not for the forum, I know you might dislike my opinion but it's the truth.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
raresh

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 09:49:04 AM
Merited by CryptoJoop (1)

The first concern which comes to my mind after this new implementation is that probably most newbies now will try everything to get their merit point(s) to rank up again to jr member and join the attractive signature & social media bounty campaigns again. Hopefully these individuals will truly research and create thoughtful and beneficial posts and thus deserve to rank up!  This should always be the case in my opinion, but  the signature campaigns force people to create a minimum number of weekly posts and therefore are making posts which aren't created out of a true intention, with many low/poor quality text as a result where so many people have to scrol through. The recently made changes can therefore result in an increase of quality and therefore the admins have my blessing! (even though i am now searching for my 1 merit point Angry)

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: