Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:25:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements  (Read 41270 times)
coinliker

Activity: 416
Merit: 42

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:25:38 AM

this is very good initiative against the spam. i think this new rule is effective for all users in this forum. Big Thanks for @theymos

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andrew4

Activity: 176
Merit: 20

Knowledge is power

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:38:34 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

This may seem like a stupid question, but how will I ever rank up? I (almost) never post garbage but I can't seem to be able to get any merit. Paying for it on discord also doesn't feel moral.

ZEL platform: Zelcash (ASIC resistant POW), Zelcore wallet, Nodes, DEX, DAPPS
https://zel.cash/ - https://twitter.com/Zelcash - https://discord.gg/rB9pr4M
Fmradio98

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:27:49 AM

Please am trying to get this correct. Will all bounty campaign accept copper membership as a newbie and what will my rank be displaying as when I post? Really need answers please
BlastMechanism

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:33:50 AM

Please am trying to get this correct. Will all bounty campaign accept copper membership as a newbie and what will my rank be displaying as when I post? Really need answers please

You need to check each campaign to see their conditions. Your profile will be like this one:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2025052
The biggest advantage of being a Copper Member is that you can post images and can have a signature, afaik. But I never pretend to have signatures so I am not 100% sure about the signatures issue.
Check here the features you can get by paying to be a Copper Member:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2385104.0
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:38:39 AM

This may seem like a stupid question, but how will I ever rank up? I (almost) never post garbage but I can't seem to be able to get any merit. Paying for it on discord also doesn't feel moral.
Most of your post are in altcoins and Greek local board. There isn't much post getting merited there for some reasons. Try making a really high quality post/thread, make more post in more popular and "cleaner" board, or participate in some merit challenge (if there are still any). Most people in this community are against merit buying so better avoid that.

Can't answer on the bounty. Simply scroll up a few post above yours to see how Copper membership is displayed.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:38:45 AM

You only have 5 more merits to go for regular member rank, so you can post about topics that are interesting to you and engage with thread in which you post, and try to provide substantive interaction with other members in the thread or bring up topics that are thread related that are interesting to you.  

Personally, I think that it is helpful if you are interested in bitcoin, but there may be some alt coin threads that also allow for interactive and substantive discussions.

By the way, I don't understand some of your posts, but I did a google translate, and it appears that you have some decent posts.  I merited your post here, just to give you the benefit of the doubt.  Just keep trying to participate on broader levels in the forum and surely you will earn merits over time, and perhaps participate in some English threads, too which will introduce you to more forum members.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Infinixhot1996

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:18:50 AM

I hope it will help reduce spam a little bit, but unfortunately for account farmers, 1 merit is not a big deal they always can buy it.
Is there any use buying merits,with 0 knowledge of cryptocurrency in general,it will ultimately result in disaster,one merit rightly earned is better than 10 bought
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:28:11 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I never thought that Meta will be the most visited section of newbies and junior members, well noticeably before they don't even bother to know what's on the meta section but now, it's overwhelmed by the new threads and post of newbies. Hopefully, they had their conscious back to them and do more significant. Let's look forward to see how the forum improves.

I hope it will help reduce spam a little bit, but unfortunately for account farmers, 1 merit is not a big deal they always can buy it.
Is there any use buying merits,with 0 knowledge of cryptocurrency in general,it will ultimately result in disaster,one merit rightly earned is better than 10 bought
Don't bother to buy or else your account will be useless tho.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Rhenno

Activity: 136

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 09:36:36 AM

Yes, this is a challenge for us, especially for the jr member. who has gone down as a newbie, so as to make a good comment , thread and be useful to us and all who are on this board, and to make this forum a good forum and discipline.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
rexuss

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:00:22 AM

Guys, you are given the opportunity to earn on this forum, not in putting here a dollar, and you still resent a small change of rules? I do not understand Angry
BlastMechanism

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:05:38 AM

Guys, you are given the opportunity to earn on this forum, not in putting here a dollar, and you still resent a small change of rules? I do not understand Angry
Take some time and check the old posts of higher ranked members of this forum and search for quality in their initial posts!
And remember how were the rules when these members got higher ranks. Now take a look at these new rules. Maybe you can understand it better. And these new rules with retroactive effects. Why just now?

Rtalk

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:07:56 AM

... I'm "junior" and I can not know and understand more than anyone else's rank above, the one who is higher in rank, accordingly, considers himself smarter.
It's not true. You're putting yourself at a disadvantage. People who have a high rank are usually creators. They create information for us - and we are only consumers . It is to be understood...Moreover you can be smart and low rank-maybe you just recently signed up on the forum.

I tried to be a worthy member of this community, but no one, to my regret, did not appreciate it. (
If we tried, would have earned at least 1 merit. I think with proper desire and patience it really.

P.S. I myself have not received any merit and I want to do it. The new rules make us move and do something, not just write useless posts.

And here is here can be watch posts, who received the most number of Merit for all time.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=toptopicsat

rexuss

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:10:28 AM

Take some time and check the old posts of higher ranked members of this forum and search for quality in their initial posts!
And remember how were the rules when these members got higher ranks. Now take a look at these new rules. Maybe you can understand it better. And these new rules with retroactive effects. Why just now?

The forum is a house built by its organizers and authors, invested in it by the soul, given to everyone in a separate room-office (free of charge) and allowed to earn money. And now they hear negative feedback in their address because "without your permission" they decided to "rearrange the pots of flowers" in this house. It was necessary to ask everyone? Do not you think so?  Wink
BlastMechanism

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:15:46 AM

The forum is a house built by its organizers and authors, invested in it by the soul, given to everyone in a separate room-office (free of charge) and allowed to earn money. And now they hear negative feedback in their address because "without your permission" they decided to "rearrange the pots of flowers" in this house. It was necessary to ask everyone? Do not you think so?  Wink

No, but I think that is worth to give my opinion and that is what I have been doing.
And for me, the main problem is that these new rules had retroactive effects.
Afaik now is a hell to get credits.
Anyway, I am glad there are newbies that think this is fair. So far did not saw one single member that is not newbie  disagreeing with it. Anyway, now I have the feeling that is not worth to give my opinion anymore. So, a great day for all of you. I will "just" keep waiting for "new" rules for newbies with retroactive effects.
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:17:23 AM

Just a proposal..

To avoid so much no needed posts. Maybe it is worth to control signature campaigns?
Most of bounties require about 10-15 posts a week, not really understand why so much is needed.  
If this number will be reduced to, for example, 5. It will reduce number of not needed posts at least 2 times!
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:20:52 AM

You may not find 'quality' in their initial posts but they weren't spamming around for bounties. Their responses were genuine, Signature campaigns weren't a thing till Primedice introduced one and that too didn't lead to a spam situation which we are seeing today with account farmers and bounty hunters. Don't compare yourself with others, try to be better. Just my 2 cents.

Afaik now is a hell to get credits.

It isn't TBH. Stick to topics you have good knowledge of and merit will find it's way to you.

To avoid so much no needed posts. Maybe it is worth to control signature campaigns?
Most of bounties require about 10-15 posts a week, not really understand why so much is needed. 
If this number will be reduced to, for example, 5. It will reduce number of not needed posts at least 2 times!

No! A much better thing would be, only accept members who have earned X amount of merits.
zen83m

Activity: 119
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:24:13 AM

I running a legit ICO announcement, but now is not visible at all, thx to this situation...
nawosecad68

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:28:19 AM

Just a proposal..

It is true that the signature campaign demands to make a lot of posts, so that the hunters do not care about the quality of the posts, the important thing is they get the stake from the bounty. However, on the other hand that is actually a waste not from the signature campaign posting, but from posting social media reports, and it is not useful in my opinion.
kewlc3s

Activity: 672
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:30:35 AM

Just a proposal..

It is true that the signature campaign demands to make a lot of posts, so that the hunters do not care about the quality of the posts, the important thing is they get the stake from the bounty. However, on the other hand that is actually a waste not from the signature campaign posting, but from posting social media reports, and it is not useful in my opinion.

Posting of social media reports could be solved as well. Just ban this kind of posting. There are many ways to replace that, such as google forms, and so on..
Another 10% of shitposts will gone.
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:31:56 AM

I running a legit ICO announcement, but now is not visible at all, thx to this situation...

You have to get yourself a Copper membership > read here

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: