Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:21:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements  (Read 41257 times)
LiluSG

Activity: 588
Merit: 199

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:52:37 PM

This is what I said few posts ago, 1 point is good but not enough since high ranks has a lot of merit and sells/sends to alts with no problem and that's why maybe 5 merit are better than 1 for Jr.Member.

Yes, I wrote about this in the region of 10-15 pages. I also agree that there should be a minimum of 3-5. And I would also make a threshold for the member rang

In this screen, the two members are linked. And this is one person who wears a signature with two accounts in one project. I just do not know where to write about it. I remember that there was a special topic, but I can not find it. Also at least 3 jr members are connected by one eth wallet, and 2 others connected by one twitter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:58:02 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

But I give a damn when I read some people that seem to be so intitled to make fun, address others in an unpolite way and in a patronising way when their own records are full of garbage posts in my opinion.

Seems like these kinds of assertions would need examples, right?  It is one thing if a member uses colorful and expressive and even assertive language and another thing if the member seems to be engaging in abusive behavior.

This post by BlastMechanism is likely relevant:

It seems most people think that bounty tasks are spam and are not worth as a marketing campaing for the cryptoprojects. If this is the case, why keep accepting it on this forum? If this forum is just for techie people, there is no point in keep acceting bounty campaigns and expect that newbies can post "positive and valuable" posts. So eliminate all the bounty threads. And we non-techie persons and "toxic" bounty hunters will just move on to another platform.
And, afaik, almost 99,99999999% of members that have credits and a higher rank, earned it with the old rules, not with these new rules.

He made the above post in my topic warning people not to give out a (pity) merit to newly-demoted newbies without first checking their post history to make sure it wasn't loaded with 1-2 line replies in spam megathreads (or bounty reports).

Like I said in a previous post, some of us are here for social interaction with people who are interested in bitcoin/crypto, and some are here to punch a timecard, metaphorically speaking.

aicel

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:03:44 AM

My world suddenly stops when I see my rank becomes newbie again. I am a student and this thread was my only source of money. I came to this thread to learn more about crypto. But I feel empty because I don't know what to do. Some are saying that having merit is hard. So to those who want to give me some merits. Thank you . This is only my source of money. Because I am a student.
SuicidalDemon69

Activity: 106
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 12:04:16 AM

Like in real life, you'll never able to received a single recognition out of hundreds of good deeds. I just felt sad for few people with lots of activities without receiving a single merit. It is impossible that out of hundred posts, there's no even quality post on that? I'm also sad for higher ranks that feels so happy and mocks all newbies like they generalized that all newbies are making spammy post. Better to buy the copper membership.
BlastMechanism

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:09:09 AM

But I give a damn when I read some people that seem to be so intitled to make fun, address others in an unpolite way and in a patronising way when their own records are full of garbage posts in my opinion.

Seems like these kinds of assertions would need examples, right?  It is one thing if a member uses colorful and expressive and even assertive language and another thing if the member seems to be engaging in abusive behavior.

It seems most people think that bounty tasks are spam and are not worth as a marketing campaing for the cryptoprojects. If this is the case, why keep accepting it on this forum? If this forum is just for techie people, there is no point in keep acceting bounty campaigns and expect that newbies can post "positive and valuable" posts. So eliminate all the bounty threads. And we non-techie persons and "toxic" bounty hunters will just move on to another platform.
And, afaik, almost 99,99999999% of members that have credits and a higher rank, earned it with the old rules, not with these new rules.

He made the above post in my topic warning people not to give out a (pity) merit to newly-demoted newbies without first checking their post history to make sure it wasn't loaded with 1-2 line replies in spam megathreads (or bounty reports).

Like I said in a previous post, some of us are here for social interaction with people who are interested in bitcoin/crypto, and some are here to punch a timecard, metaphorically speaking.

I am not sure if I understood what you are implying regarding me. I needed to check what is to "punch a timecard". No luck, can you elaborate please? Many thanks.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:12:29 AM

I am not sure if I understood what you are implying regarding me. I needed to check what is to "punch a timecard". No luck, can you elaborate please? Many thanks.

Old way employers used to keep track of your time.

BlastMechanism

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:14:31 AM

Old way employers used to keep track of your time.

https://image1.masterfile.com/getImage/ODM4LTAyNDkyOTM5ZW4uMDAwMDAwMDA=AIo5oa/838-02492939en_Masterfile.jpg

lol, many thanks for the explanation. Cheesy
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8906

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 12:14:43 AM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

So eliminate all the bounty threads. And we non-techie persons and "toxic" bounty hunters will just move on to another platform.

If those bounty hunters would stay in their bounty-hunting threads that could be tolerable. The problem is - they're infecting the rest of the forum. And if they could go and earn those bounties on "another platform" they would have done so already.
BlastMechanism

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:24:50 AM

So eliminate all the bounty threads. And we non-techie persons and "toxic" bounty hunters will just move on to another platform.

If those bounty hunters would stay in their bounty-hunting threads that could be tolerable. The problem is - they're infecting the rest of the forum. And if they could go and earn those bounties on "another platform" they would have done so already.
I understand. What put me so mad was to see the way some more higher ranked members were celebrating like if they were avoiding some kind of deadly disease that new members could spread. And always keep saying what new members should or shouldn´t do to earn merits when almost all the merits that were earned on this forum were gained with the old rules (with no real "merit", probably, in most of the situations). And some other more specific things that I will share with Jay in DM.
biddybee

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:30:24 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Well, in my humble  opinion, the administrators of this forum have the sole right to make and implement rules in order to create some level of sanity (in their own opinion). However, change is not always pleasant especially when it affects the generality of those that make use of this forum. It looks tough at the moment and in the short term but maybe this will cause a shift in the thought process of all posters and contributors in the long term. In a bid to curb the excesses of spams it is also imperative to create a soft landing for genuine members.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 10063

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:36:28 AM
Merited by buwaytress (1)

Thanks for pointing that out, MagicSmoker, because it seems to be a continuation of the topic that I have already been discussing with BlastMechanism.. and surely, s/he/it seems to have a lot of views that are at minimum in tension with each other and surely some folks would have already written him off as being highly contradictory and perhaps compromised. 

Currently, I am NOT sure, but I do find it quite problematic when members become overly defensive in their posts and then resort to what seems to be exaggerations in order to make their points.  I understand that even older members can sometimes be guilty of the same (defensiveness and exaggerations) including yours truly, but frequently when older members are called out on their erroneous ways they can often engage in a kind of dialogue that at least tempers their behavior, even if they do not admit to the transgression (including yours truly). 

I did give you a merit for pointing me out to that post and your thread, even though I don't agree with all of your points in your thread, it seems to be a good proposition to consider and for members to consider how much due diligence they believe is prudent prior to meriting newbies, especially those newbies with a relatively long history of nonsense posts.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 12:47:19 AM

I understand. What put me so mad was to see the way some more higher ranked members were celebrating like if they were avoiding some kind of deadly disease that new members could spread. And always keep saying what new members should or shouldn´t do to earn merits when almost all the merits that were earned on this forum were gained with the old rules (with no real "merit", probably, in most of the situations). And some other more specific things that I will share with Jay in DM.

I can't claim to speak for all high ranked members but generally the new rule does not benefit or otherwise affect such members specifically. It affects the forum as a whole by (hopefully) reducing signature spam. It helps genuine non-spamming non-botting newbies as they will have an easier way to gain an advantage over spammers.

Your claim about airdrop merits being not "real" is unsubstantiated to say the least, and it doesn't have anything to do the validity of the advice on how to earn merits. It stands to reason that older members, particularly ones who have sMerits to send, might have some valid observations on that subject.
BlastMechanism

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:53:57 AM

OMG, I must confess that I am not a fan of this forum to help and to engage with people because is very confusing to me the way so many new threads and posts are always popping. I am not a fan of Reddit also, and do not have an account there.
But analising what have been happening it seems that you are in fact used to deal with very dishonest and complex people/bots.

I used sarcasm, in some of my posts, to try to make a point. Is true that is not the best way to engage and to express our opinion.
I read that one member was working during 6 months on a signature bounty for nothing (he now must beg for his job being considered).
I read that funds earned with bounties are free money so "get a real job" when that member joined at least one bounty on his initial times on this forum.
I read that this forum is full of people of 3rd countries when I see no problem with that if those people can earn some bucks with it and can have a better life with cryptocurrencies.
I said that I have a friend that post a lot of posts and help a lot of members (with newbie questions, is a fact) but no one of his posts are pitch perfect and highly techie and since the new rules are out no one gives him any credit but he helps so many people. But someone told that I was talking about myself and lying.

Well, nothing more to add.

I think there is no point to keep trying to make a point.

Everyone is so suspicious about everyone else. So sorry for that.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 10063

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:57:57 AM

I understand. What put me so mad was to see the way some more higher ranked members were celebrating like if they were avoiding some kind of deadly disease that new members could spread. And always keep saying what new members should or shouldn´t do to earn merits when almost all the merits that were earned on this forum were gained with the old rules (with no real "merit", probably, in most of the situations).

I'm sure many members (and readers of this thread) understand the concept of grandfather clause, if NOT they can look up the concept.

In essence, when rules change sometimes old and new members are disproportionately affected by such rules changes.  The concept of a grandfather clause would allow aspects of the old rules (or accrued benefits, in this case) to be enjoyed by old members, but not by new members.  It is considered a fair practice to implement a change, and complaining about such water under the bridge conditions seems like a BIG waste of time because the grandfathering phenomenon is already considered fair and has already been applied in this case.

And some other more specific things that I will share with Jay in DM.

If you want to PM me (or DM me), then that is fine; however, I don't see any reason that I would want to engage in this conversation in private, especially when it was begun publicly.  When I suggested to PM me, I was just attempting to suggest a way in which I would be sure to see whatever continuation post that you would make on the topic, assuming that you are going to make such a continuation post on the various points that you raised and that you need to put together some of the information that you believe would be helpful to substantiate some of your earlier points - and surely I am not discouraging you from doing that because tentatively, I am of the belief that you are going to have some difficulties to provide any kind of clear and convincing evidence to support what you have already said - however, I believe that it is quite possible that providing such further evidence might help to make the matter a bit more clear, and I am certainly not opposed to clearing up matters when that is possible.

I think there is no point to keep trying to make a point.

Everyone is so suspicious about everyone else. So sorry for that.

I don't think that there is anything wrong with continuing to attempt to make a point and continuing to attempt to learn from your posts and from the posts of others.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 01:00:28 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2018, 01:43:35 AM by suchmoon

I said that I have a friend that post a lot of posts and help a lot of members (with newbie questions, is a fact) but no one of his posts are pitch perfect and highly techie and since the new rules are out no one gives him any credit but he helps so many people. But someone told that I was talking about myself and lying.

Edit: That's because often such claims turn out to be false. I'm offering a challenge to that effect, see my signature.
LiluSG

Activity: 588
Merit: 199

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:11:17 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

OMG, and bla bla bla

When you come to another country, a good habit is that you live by the rules of that country.
When you come to the forum, it is very good to live in the ecosystem of this forum.
What is the problem, man?)

The forum was not built around the bounty and signatures. Moreover, the main idea and the core of the forum revolves around bitcoin, not alts and shit-ico.
Can you set the right priorities?

The ability to read from you was not taken away. Do not like the forum? - The Internet is full of them, but a little smaller in size, but you'll find something that you like Wink
BlastMechanism

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:16:13 AM

OMG, and bla bla bla

When you come to another country, a good habit is that you live by the rules of that country.
When you come to the forum, it is very good to live in the ecosystem of this forum.
What is the problem, man?)

The forum was not built around the bounty and signatures. Moreover, the main idea and the core of the forum revolves around bitcoin, not alts and shit-ico.
Can you set the right priorities?

The ability to read from you was not taken away. Do not like the forum, the Internet is full of them, but a little smaller in size, but you'll find something that you like Wink

Agree. I read that sugestion toward other members also. I agree with it at 100%.

Sorry for the bla-bla.

Datum - interesting, I invested in their ico, sold already, anyway.
Renaldi blackspadeteam

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:16:36 AM

I just hope that with this new regulation, the bitcoin forum will be cleaner than spam and back to being as useful as it once was
I miss a bitcoin forum that is free from spam, I fully support this policy
Yungphash

Activity: 166

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:16:44 AM

To be sincere, the new merit system is very good. But how are we sure this would not lead into buying and selling of merit by members.
biddybee

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:17:47 AM

This new regulation has opened a new business opportunity for people with merit. Some will begin to sell theirs and I feel some of those happy in first place actually have hidden agenda. With time, every hidden thing will be made manifest in the open.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: