Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:52:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MOST JUNIOR MEMBERS LOWERED TO NEWBIES Now....WHY?  (Read 263 times)
Myown55 (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:26:28 AM

I checked my profile this morning and realised that my account has been lowered from Junior Member to Newbie. I contacted a friend who virtually joined this platform around the same time as I did( about three months ago). He also confirmed that he did not received any stakes for the bounty campaign he did last week and that his signature has been removed from the profile link. What have we done wrong? Why this Punishment?

✪GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain✪  
◉ http://gowithmi.com/◎☛https://twitter.com/GoWithMi_GL☚◎https://t.me/gowithmi_en ◉

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:07:07 PM
Merited by LeGaulois (1)

You have replied to a thread earlier about the Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements (see quote), and now asking here if this is a punishment?

I think it is laudable for newbies to be restricted on the platform. As a newbie, it is perceived that there is more to be learnt on the platform before any active participation. That is why most bounties campaigns do not make any room for newbie.
Isn't what you say in this thread contradicting your statement above?  Huh Roll Eyes Most likely you really didn't mean what you say there (sorry, but it's quite disappointing if that's the case, especially that you gain a Merit for that post)
Master of Shitcoins

Activity: 217
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:02:09 AM

I checked my profile this morning and realised that my account has been lowered from Junior Member to Newbie. I contacted a friend who virtually joined this platform around the same time as I did( about three months ago). He also confirmed that he did not received any stakes for the bounty campaign he did last week and that his signature has been removed from the profile link. What have we done wrong? Why this Punishment?
At first, this is no punishment, it's a new rule to prevent paid bullshit posting from Newbie Accounts. According to the new rule you have to earn 1 Merit and 30 Activity to become Jr. Member (former rule was 0 Merit and 30 Activity. You can read more about it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5030366.0

Well, you can imagine I'm also not happy to be affected by this, but it is how it is, after all this will help everyone who is still trying to bring some value to the table. There are so many participants only spamming good project, good luck dev, I like project or similar to get their posts they need for the bounty. And without the requirement of 1 Merit these garbage posts would be paid  Cheesy Cheesy

This needs to be stopped and I can agree to this measure, because the rewards will be more to those which will have enought (1) Merit.  Wink

And 1 Merit is not very much, I think you can agree here. Answer some questions, be polite, and it is likely you'll receive a Merit sooner or later. And my personal advice is to avoid caps locked for your topic headline, it's horrible to read and maybe a reason that someone doesn't Merit your posts.  Smiley

So heads up, post good and helpful content, 1 Merit should be possible.  Wink

Edit
I just had a look into your post history, the Merit you earned was a very lucky one, I hope you know this...  Tongue

Let's tame all shitcoins!
Muwatti

Activity: 176
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:19:12 AM

Due to excessive garbage-posting, you now need 1 merit to be a Jr Member. All existing Jr Members who didn't meet the requirement were demoted. Also, newbies can no longer set any signature or personal text.

Note that this does not affect:
 - PM rate-limiting, which is based purely on activity & whitelisted status.
 - "You must wait ___ seconds...", which is based purely on activity & whitelisted status.

But it does affect:
 - Voting in polls
 - Patroller jurisdiction
 - The "ignore newbie PMs" option.
 - "The body is omitted from this email because the sender is a newbie."
 - BBCode limits
 - Reduced-accuracy link filtering
 - Board restrictions

Many of these limitations can be eliminated with a copper membership. In particular, you can set a signature at Member level if you wear a copper membership.

One reason that I was hesitant to do this before is that there are an awful lot of newbie restrictions, and I don't want the forum to be unwelcoming to good newbies. I'll think about tying some of those to activity instead of rank in the future.

With help from DdmrDdmr, I just added 36 new merit sources, which should help newbies achieve the requirement. But if you're incapable of posting anything worthwhile, then you will never rank up, and you shouldn't: this isn't the forum for you.

Hello my friend! I think it is better to read before asking questions like this.

Because posting like this is the reason why all jr members demoted to a newbie rank. Due to the over population of jr members spamming here in this forum 1 merit is needed to rank up from newbie to jr member.

New rules are good to stop making none sense and common question post.
True Vozer

Activity: 128

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:39:32 AM

Hello my friend! I think it is better to read before asking questions like this.

Because posting like this is the reason why all jr members demoted to a newbie rank. Due to the over population of jr members spamming here in this forum 1 merit is needed to rank up from newbie to jr member.

New rules are good to stop making none sense and common question post.

Good to see that you understand and have positive attitude with new rule. You are set away from others out there who continuously complaining. Btw, avoid quoting the whole long post next time.
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:42:56 AM

The need for one merit to achieve Jr.member contributes to reducing the number of spammers, who trade Jr. accounts. But it also increases  spam to get merit

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:51:08 AM

Some subforums and some local boards has a lot of threads about ex-jr members complaining about the new merit requirement. Some now-newbies are really really overexaggerating the 1 merit requirement. Looks like the new rule is going as well as expected.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mudyak99

Activity: 304
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:58:47 AM

This is best way to do that, because too much greedy people try join bounty with spam more account, but it give me motivation to do more actually
jojohamasa

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 05:07:25 AM

correct decision
although It was a difficult decision I was hurt by it
but the goal of raising the level of the club as a whole must be the goal of everyone
We have to rethink our calculations
Spam and empty posts
Must disappear (I may have written some)
But I have gained experience, engaged in discussions and read the posts of high-ranking members
And I learn little by little

I think this is the administration's goal
But local councils must be taken care of
And provide additional sources of merit

I wrote a topic about it and wrote posts in more than one topic
This is my conviction.

BlastMechanism

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:38:25 AM

I was one of the affected one. In my humble opinion this will just avoid new members to join and to engage with this community, I think new rules shouldn´t have retroactive effects. It´s not fair in my opinion.
Great day for everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: