Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:13:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Too many exchanges?  (Read 21295 times)
otandelapaz (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:44:22 PM
Merited by YuginKadoya (1), Reid (1)

We are seeing more and more exchanges nowadays. Is it beneficial to the community if we have more of these? What do you think are the benefits and/or the negative impact on having too many exchanges?

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vy99

Activity: 126
Merit: 25

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:49:30 PM

Too many exchanges, not enough that are decentralized and anonymous.

I'm not cool enough to have a fancy signature so you're stuck reading this
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:52:49 PM
Merited by dbshck (1)

Many exchanges = more competition = better exchanges

I'd prefer many choices rather than just a small number of exchanges handling majority of the cryptocurrency market. I couldn't think of a downside as of now. But yeah, hopefully we get more decentralized exchanges in the future.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 03:55:25 PM

I'd prefer many choices rather than just a small number of exchanges handling majority of the cryptocurrency market. But yeah, hopefully we get more decentralized exchanges in the future.

It can be true but it's difficult now to find good exchanges between many of them.
I think that new users are confuse here and don't know which one to choose.
I personally using only 2 exchanges and it's more than enough for me.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:00:14 PM

The only negative impact that I can think of with the vast number of exchanges coming in is on their part (exchanges), not on us who uses them. But on our part, its more of having convenient way of trading.

They will beat themselves out and what lacks to other, they will fill it to their exchange. This is the beauty of competition, the users are the ones that will get most of the benefit and the best of them will benefit as well. Because they will find a way to improve, upgrade, maintain just to attract more traders.

Ferki

Activity: 266
Merit: 25

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:01:34 PM

We are seeing more and more exchanges nowadays. Is it beneficial to the community if we have more of these? What do you think are the benefits and/or the negative impact on having too many exchanges?

Benefits could be lower trading fees becouse of larger competitors field.Quality tokens/coins only at quality exchanges.But for me most of them will go centralized way and there will be no difference between inst. banks and crypto exchanges,unfortunately.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:12:59 PM

A lot of exchange will not have an effect for bitcoin price and development of bitcoin but you can compare the service between one exchange to other exchange that if you can do that then you will find which one will have the best service and the best features from them
Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:22:09 PM

There is nothing good coming out of having too many exchanges. Most of them do not even have good volume to be enticing to do trading. And if they have volume, it is run down with bots. It is better to have lesser exchanges but have quality volume and less bots.
otandelapaz (OP)

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:28:46 PM

There is nothing good coming out of having too many exchanges. Most of them do not even have good volume to be enticing to do trading. And if they have volume, it is run down with bots. It is better to have lesser exchanges but have quality volume and less bots.

This is the concern I could think of right now. The volume of a certain token will be divided to these exchanges thus making it not to be unattractive to users.
Maybe that is the reason why some coins/tokens are exclusive only to a certain exchange.
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:42:40 PM

Many Exchange will give you many options when investing! It is important that the options are exchanged accordingly, Avoid phishing sites!
Painbird

Activity: 552
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:50:39 PM

yes more & more exchange comes in & lots of exchange are not good.I think bittrex,binance are the most popular exchange so we need to aware befor log in new exchange. becouse many exchange can be froud. so we need to justify first.

CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 04:52:32 PM

We are seeing more and more exchanges nowadays. Is it beneficial to the community
Currently, the exchange we see nowadays are mostly decentralized, I'm talking about the newly formed exchange. It is a welcome development and a benefit to the cryptocurrency because these exchanges will lead the way for more cryptocurrency exposure. If the case was reversed and we had more of newly created centralized exchage then it would had be catastrophic.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
KatelynCooper

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:54:48 PM

I'd prefer many choices rather than just a small number of exchanges handling majority of the cryptocurrency market. I couldn't think of a downside as of now. But yeah, hopefully we get more decentralized exchanges in the future.

Exactly! Now many other exchanges are improving just like poloniex. Finally they have delist all the dead project from there exchange and listing better token/coins now.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:06:05 PM

I'd prefer many choices rather than just a small number of exchanges handling majority of the cryptocurrency market. But yeah, hopefully we get more decentralized exchanges in the future.

It can be true but it's difficult now to find good exchanges between many of them.
I think that new users are confuse here and don't know which one to choose.
I personally using only 2 exchanges and it's more than enough for me.

Well, kinda true; but that's the responsibility of the user, that he/she needs to do a bit of research for him/her to decide on which one to use that could fit his/her needs(fiat or no fiat, what coin/token), etc.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Usafstar

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:18:02 PM

Exchanges started because there is an opportunity for them and they can grow more and more if we know it's use and purpose bitcoin and other crypto are very important for theses exchanges and if there is too many exchanges in the market then the competition of fee and other activities will be normal while if there is monopoly in the market then it is very tough for every one and if many then every country citizen exchange in their own language and their own style.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Wulanayu

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:19:12 PM

Yes, because I think people are starting to realize and prefer bitcoin to get benefits to meet their needs.
This is really very good because the more crowded the exchange will make bitcoin more popular and the more it will price because of this great exchange, I am really happy to see this and hopefully this will continue to grow even more.

vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:30:27 PM

Too many centralized exchanges aren't good. cryptocurrencies spaces need a reliable decentralized exchange to fits with its nature. Nevertheless, A lot of centralized exchanges brings a competition to the exchange's market, it indirectly makes the exchange owners' compete to be the best.
BestSSS

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 05:39:36 PM

Nothing good in a large number of exchanges do not see only one reason. Quantity does Not mean Quality!
Along with the growth of a huge number of ICO, the number of exchanges has also increased, and many of them do not even reach a good level. I don't think the exchanger is good just because it is decentralized. First of all, the exchanger must be with a normal trading volume so as not to wait for the transaction for 1 day for the sale of your tokens. In the entire list of currency exchanges, at least half can be thrown out-there is no sense from them, it is the same garbage as ICO coming out in packs!

♛New CA$H Exchange (https://newc.com.br)♛
✪An Innovative Cryptocurrency Platform✪
Rohtox

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 05:50:31 PM

in my opinion, positive for a lot markets are the more options people make for transactions and also there may be markets that are made for a country's currency that are good but the negative volume in one market may not be as much as last year with a little market

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:04:20 PM

If they're no good then they disappear. If they're wonderful then they thrive. No one loses out by letting enough people throw enough shit at the wall. We benefit from what decides to stick.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: