Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:36:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are the bitcoin faucets no longer worth it?  (Read 653 times)
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:34:16 PM

Yes, I also started my Bitcoin journey with faucets, they used to pay 1000 Satoshi per hour or maybe half. But they are a very good option to start learning Bitcoin you can learn better when you're actually spending the money. Nowadays things have changed the Bitcoin price is so high and put it on the way around 10 or 15 satoshi but people need at least one Million satoshis every week or month to survive on the internet. So Bitcoin faucets have become no longer useful but still, I can see that people use them which inspires me till now.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 07:36:54 PM

although everyone knows that few or little drops of water makes mighty ocean, it is still valid and acceptable a parable in any part of the world and in any field but in this field, it currently does not have value, the faucets i mean. but in time to come it may be worth it.

Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:54:53 PM

I don't think they were ever worth it. I remember some years ago when I had to solve captcha codes everyday to earn bitcoin faucets but the problem is being able to accumulate the minimum withdrawal amount so that you will be able to withdraw them. I never reached the withdrawal amount so I quit halfway and decided to do meaningful things with my life.
Aleksandr_763

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:14:35 PM

I have heard a lot about bitcoin cryptocurrency. In early 2016, I still decided to try this kind of earnings. Before starting work, I was faced with the question: where and how to withdraw this currency? It turns out that in the Web Money system there is a special WMX wallet, to which the earned bitcoins are withdrawn. I started with the fact that I created a bitcoin wallet, tied it to a WMX wallet and began to look for ways to earn. Having shoveled a lot of information, I decided to start with bitcoin faucets, there are many of them on the internet. They promise free satoshi: from 1 to several hundred thousand. Usually, to get your satoshi, you only need to enter your wallet and captcha. It would seem that nothing is easier if not for the fact that for a month of endless captcha input I earned only 2 dollars 43 cents. It's too little! And if we consider that 1 bitcoin is 100 million Satoshi, then it becomes clear at once-to earn in this way it will take several years of continuous search for faucets and entering captcha. I collected my satoshi on FaucetBox.com, there are collected almost all the faucets and they are all operating. However, from this type of earnings I long ago refused. And you do not advise.
chulos

Activity: 268
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:31:27 PM

Personally, i think sometimes it made sense to use different faucets, today it is quite a fortune to find a quality faucet. You will find a good faucet /for example on twitters or in a new coin thread/ that gives a decent reward, but after a few days it is no longer complemented by the dev team. What i remember, so were good faucets on Doge coins or Waves. Now i do not use the faucets because there is little spare time.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
Bitfort

Activity: 952
Merit: 339

invest trade and gamble wisely

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:41:25 PM

The thing is faucets were not designed to make some reasonable income for users. The orginal purpose Gavin had in mind (he's the one who made the first faucet) was IMO to spread the word and coins among users who are not mining. Some sort of advertising BTC.

Later it became very attractive for webmasters to get huge traffic. Simply buying an audience ... I've been there as well but few hacks and fact the major advertising companies cease accepting such traffic forced me to quit.

For me using faucets was a great start (I've been riding them a lot) but they never worth it at the time of using.
The positive comes when coin price skyrockets and you kept your free claimed coins ... and this logic still applies today.

So if you believe BTC (or some other coin) will increase in value then you can say it's worth it.

MY HINTs
◄M► MINING
◄G► GAMBLING
◄E► EXCHANGE

◄E► (KCS) Kucoin-Staking, Auto-Lending, Trading-Bot
◄E► (BNB) Binance-Staking, Savings, 10% RefBack
◄E► (TRX) Poloniex-Staking, Lending, Fee Discount
◄E► (LEO) Bitfinex-Staking, Auto-Lending

◄G► Betfury-Faucet, Dividend Earnings (BFG holders, mine BFG by playing)
◄G► Bitvest -  Faucet, Bankroll Invest
◄G► CryptoGames-Faucet, Lotto
◄G► PrimeDice-Faucet

◄M► Prohashing (Multipool)-Payout in any coin, get 0.50% bonus for 30 days
◄M► MiningRigRentals (Marketplace)-buy hashrate or rent your miners
◄M► Viabtc  (Pool)-payout to Coinex (exchnage) without fees

Locotoni

Activity: 490
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:05:08 AM

I remember that about three years ago, when I was just learning about the existence of bitcoin, there were a lot of faucets who paid more than 1000 satoshi per hour, which allowed those who had enough free time to spend in faucets, to accumulate a good amount of satoshi each week. In fact, that was the way I could get my first fractions of bitcoin by not knowing more alternatives.

However, in these days already very few serious faucets survive, and the most popular of them hardly grant a few satoshis after much effort.

Do you think it's still worth investing time in faucets? what is your experience with that?

when i was newbie in cryptocurrency, around of me, here isnot people with information, i teach with my allday tests. and when i got my first erc20 tokens, i send transaction fee (0.01 ETH :d) from faucetHUB.

its not good things for make money, but Faucets is good for learning. first free money + transactions. thets not bad.
tuvok007
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:12:04 PM

The thing is faucets were not designed to make some reasonable income for users. The orginal purpose Gavin had in mind (he's the one who made the first faucet) was IMO to spread the word and coins among users who are not mining. Some sort of advertising BTC.

Later it became very attractive for webmasters to get huge traffic. Simply buying an audience ... I've been there as well but few hacks and fact the major advertising companies cease accepting such traffic forced me to quit.

For me using faucets was a great start (I've been riding them a lot) but they never worth it at the time of using.
The positive comes when coin price skyrockets and you kept your free claimed coins ... and this logic still applies today.

So if you believe BTC (or some other coin) will increase in value then you can say it's worth it.

Thats true and it looks so funny now, that faucet was giving 5 bitcoins per claim lol in 2011! This is how Gavin told folks about his experiment:
  Gavin: "For my first Bitcoin coding project, I decided to do something that sounds really dumb: I created a web site that gives away Bitcoins. Five ฿ per customer, first come first served, I've stocked it with ฿1,100 to start."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: