Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:39:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 293 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★ [ANN] ECCoin (ECC) ★★★ ECCoin - Green Future FORK FIXED UPGRADE NEEDED  (Read 342370 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 12:36:30 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 12:49:18 PM by Majormax

This is just a Mintcoin clone

what is the difference?

Have to keep the ecc on the wallet to get the %

Different from Mintcoin. Higher % stake, diff days qualifying, diff block mining schedule (level for 45 days,not halving, then cut to maintenance of 1) .

% stake tapers differently over 10 years, marketed to new demographic, good code.

Active dev and promo team ...Time will tell which is better. All these variations act upon each other to magnify the difference.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:50:55 PM

what is the difference?

Very different form Mintcoin. Different % stake, diff days qualifying, diff block mining schedule (level 45 days, then cut to maintenance of 1) .

% stake tapers over 10 years, marketed to new demographic, Faster code.

Plenty more differences. Active dev and promo team ...Time will tell which is better.

hmm ok but 25% a year even mint is 20% seems too much
People adopt BC and his 1%
Btw ECC has its qualities and a good community may be interesting in short term
hostmaster (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:02:00 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 01:18:12 PM by hostmaster

What are things that make the worth of a coin rise?
And how is ECCoin planning on raising the price of ECC in the future?

Good question,
This every person can have a different answer. And all some or less true actually. Usually in life the winner is not the best one. (See Bitcoin slow and hurting our eco system more than any other crypto) Coin rises because there are buttons in people minds where they react. Some react on button being richer, some like its design, some likes the idea behind it (freeing from banks). Some do it just to taste how looks like owning it. There are many reasons as much as people. Some can have also bad intentions such as having a chance to cheat some people on exchanges, beating the other on prices etc.

It's like a raising baby, if it's supported well it grows. Here, support expected coming from it's community. Otherwise it'll lost in the forest! Coin total worth is accumulation of trust collected from people, some has 1 gr. some has 3 gr. so makes alltogether 1 kg or 2 kg in total and weighted in exchanges like that get the idea? Also some exchanges does not weight correctly :-) Because they don't have enough mix of trust collected from people.

ECCoin knows it's not perfect & plans to learn from his community and change the current eco system for his own needs. As long as its supported. ECC don't promise anywhere we will make you richer or prices soon 60 satoshies tomorrow! So we, more truly i, don't care raising prices but increasing value for people! No but kindly remind you and others, out there millions we can reach and get them learn what's about cryptos and look we have a new model, and it's eco friendly. Learn why and how cryptos benefiting users and the current world. How should be next type of cryptos. Or there is some effort here about something can be done better. We will try to increase features in ECC, how can i make it more decentralized, how to make it more user friendly, more social, more owned and liked etc...

ECCs main difference is not the technology or marketing it uses but the approach it has. Even this approach will lessen and lose power everyday because more and more people with the mind such as owning it early & being rich getting in the calculation. No matter what i say today but become tomorrow like that accumulated thoughts from you make ECC seems like this. Grin And what you see is truer not what i say...

embraer

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:04:12 PM

That's THE question.
Since we have like 20 ecologic and sustainable coins -and not a single one is a real currency, I can tell you that this answer is still not out there.

Look at Peercoin. Big, sustainable, big community but you cannot buy a bread around the corner.
There is Mintcoin, Earthcoin, Greencoin oh whatever... all these coins claim to be a currency, but for now they are just an asset, made by greedy people to make the fast money!

I was part of the community of earthcoin, made some stuff, and tried to understand the real meaning behind all these coins but all I found was greed. Even if people tell you that there is a bigger picture. nope. there is no bigger picture. everyone wants to get rich. period.

1. The price of ALL coins usually falls down
2. It rises when people are told to get rich by buying and mining it (short pump). As soon as possible, they mine, buy, or get them from whereever and dump it when they can get profits.

3. Nearly all coins are traded against BTC such as Doge/BTC EAC/BTC ECC/BTC.
    Apart from brand they all are going down due to this fact. People want to make fast BTC,
    Ergo: Even a big community like Doge, its big brand and all these millions of fans cannot drive the price higher as long as it is being traded against BTC

4. Every coin looks for adoption.
    Adoption comes through merchants and places where you can buy REAL things for a coin.
    That's where real value is created. Adoption and places to spend coins for real things.

5. Coins need to be traded for FIAT to create value.
   Ergo: Create an exchange where your coin can be bought for Dollar/Euro/Yuan/Rubel whatever.

So either you guys try to find thousands of merchants, which are engaged by others for sure, and make your own ECC/$ exchange or this asset will remain an asset and will die a slow and boring death with all the phases a coin comes trough.

This market is hard because the networking-effect of bitcoin is hard to fight. Even harder will it be to create a real currency, while all the greedy dickheads are out there.

edited: typos

+1
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:10:02 PM

what is the difference?

Very different form Mintcoin. Different % stake, diff days qualifying, diff block mining schedule (level 45 days, then cut to maintenance of 1) .

% stake tapers over 10 years, marketed to new demographic, Faster code.

Plenty more differences. Active dev and promo team ...Time will tell which is better.

hmm ok but 25% a year even mint is 20% seems too much
People adopt BC and his 1%
Btw ECC has its qualities and a good community may be interesting in short term

20% stake is maybe not enough.  When a Coin becomes PoS driven, it's survival depends on holders opening wallets. 2% is not going to do that. Forget the long term because, to paraphrase, we are all dead anyway. 1 to 2 year survival is what most coins will never achieve: you can see the mass extinction beginning already... PoS is where the next generation is going and it has not yet been fine tuned.

ECC has a good chance of being one that gets it right.

Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:18:06 PM

Good question,
This every person can have a different answer. And all some of less true actually. Usually in life the winner is not the best one. (See Bitcoin slow and hurting our eco system more than any other crypto) Coin rises because there are buttons in people minds where they react. Some react on button being richer, some like its design, some likes the idea behind it (freeing from banks). Some do it just to taste how looks like owning it. There are many reasons as much as people. Some can have also bad intentions such as having a chance to cheat some people on exchanges, beating the other on prices etc.

It's like a raising baby, if it's supported well it grows. Here, support expected coming from it's community. Otherwise it'll lost in the forest! Coin total worth is accumulation of trust collected from people, some has 1 gr. some has 3 gr. so makes alltogether 1 kg or 2 kg in total and weighted in exchanges like that get the idea? Also some exchanges does not weight correctly :-) Because they don't have enough mix of trust collected from people.

ECCoin knows it's not perfect & plans to learn from his community and change the current eco system for his own needs. As long as its supported. ECC don't promise anywhere we will make you richer or prices soon 60 satoshies tomorrow! So we, more truly i, don't care raising prices but increasing value for people! No but kindly remind you and others, out there millions we can reach and get them learn what's about cryptos and look we have a new model eco friendly. Learn why and how cryptos benefiting users and the current world. How should be next type of cryptos. Or there is some effort here about something can be done better. We will try to increase features in ECC, how can i make it more decentralized, how to make it more user friendly, more social, more owned and liked etc...

ECCs main difference is not the technology or marketing it uses but the approach it has. Even this approach will lessen and lose power everyday because more and more people with the mind such as owning it early & being rich getting in the calculation. No matter what i say today but become tomorrow like that accumulated thoughts from you make ECC seems like this. Grin And what you see is truer not what i say...

Like raising a baby:  

1. Genetics need to be ok to start. Lots of different ones are viable, but depends on how they will have to live their lives.

2. In infancy at the beginning maximum protection is needed. This lessens as the baby grows because it must interact with the world to grow.

3. When reaching childhood different safeguards are needed, and then genetics start to interact with environment.

4. In adulthood success depends on the complex mix of upbringing, education, growth and genetics, plus environment that is around every day.

(Bitcoin maybe high school 6th grade, Litecoin in kindergarten, a few coins, Doge Xpm, PPC starting to walk, but most still feeding from mother)

I have used other analogies about life and Darwinian evolution in my talks, as related to which coins will succeed.
hostmaster (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:24:50 PM

Good question,
This every person can have a different answer. And all some of less true actually. Usually in life the winner is not the best one. (See Bitcoin slow and hurting our eco system more than any other crypto) Coin rises because there are buttons in people minds where they react. Some react on button being richer, some like its design, some likes the idea behind it (freeing from banks). Some do it just to taste how looks like owning it. There are many reasons as much as people. Some can have also bad intentions such as having a chance to cheat some people on exchanges, beating the other on prices etc.

ECCoin knows it's not perfect & plans to learn from his community and change the current eco system for his own needs. As long as its supported. ECC don't promise anywhere we will make you richer or prices soon 60 satoshies tomorrow! So we, more truly i, don't care raising prices but increasing value for people! No but kindly remind you and others, out there millions we can reach and get them learn what's about cryptos and look we have a new model eco friendly. Learn why and how cryptos benefiting users and the current world. How should be next type of cryptos. Or there is some effort here about something can be done better. We will try to increase features in ECC, how can i make it more decentralized, how to make it more user friendly, more social, more owned and liked etc...

Like raising a baby:   

1. Genetics need to be ok to start. Lots of different ones are viable, but depends on how they will have to live their lives.

2. In infancy at the beginning maximum protection is needed. This lessens as the baby grows because it must interact with the world to grow.

3. When reaching childhood different safeguards are needed, and then genetics start to interact with environment.

4. In adulthood success depends on the complex mix of upbringing, education, growth and genetics, plus environment that is around every day.

I have used other analogies about life and Darwinian evolution in my talks, as related to which coins will succeed.

Good to have you in our genetics Cheesy
hostmaster (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:25:43 PM

Recommend us to the vote list https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=520890.new (China based exchange)
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:29:23 PM

I guess at this point while launching coin it will be also good idea to create shops using them.

Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:30:25 PM

Hello,

You can add the following code to your webpage to let visitors donate you:

<script src="http://ahabitcoin.com/coinwidget/coin.js"></script>

<script>
   CoinWidgetCom.go({

/* make sure you update the wallet_address or you will not get your donations */
      wallet_address: "YOUR WALLET ADDRESS HERE"

, currency: "eccoin"
      , counter: "count"
      , alignment: "bl"
      , qrcode: true
      , auto_show: false
      , lbl_button: "Donate"
      , lbl_address: "Donate to this Address:"
      , lbl_count: "Donations"
      , lbl_amount: "ECC"
      , credits_title:"Ahabitcoin.com"
      , credits_url: "http://www.ahabitcoin.com/forum.php"
   });
</script>   

Looks good idea to me. Can i use these codes (and little bit configure) on www.ecoiner.org ?
http://ahabitcoin.com/coinwidget/coin.js
i want to make people get donations by ECC there.

Yes, just change to www.ecoiner.org to let it display in Donation form.

If you want to host those files, give me your email and I send you all.
hostmaster (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:34:05 PM

Mining Pools

http://ECCHouse.com 0%

http://ecchouse.com/index.php?page=tac: "The Pool rewards miners according to a pplns system with 1% fee. "

Huh
good let me update it. Also i try to get one official china pool online, hope get ready soon.
hostmaster (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:37:28 PM

Hello,

You can add the following code to your webpage to let visitors donate you:

<script src="http://ahabitcoin.com/coinwidget/coin.js"></script>

<script>
   CoinWidgetCom.go({

/* make sure you update the wallet_address or you will not get your donations */
      wallet_address: "YOUR WALLET ADDRESS HERE"

, currency: "eccoin"
      , counter: "count"
      , alignment: "bl"
      , qrcode: true
      , auto_show: false
      , lbl_button: "Donate"
      , lbl_address: "Donate to this Address:"
      , lbl_count: "Donations"
      , lbl_amount: "ECC"
      , credits_title:"Ahabitcoin.com"
      , credits_url: "http://www.ahabitcoin.com/forum.php"
   });
</script>   

Looks good idea to me. Can i use these codes (and little bit configure) on www.ecoiner.org ?
http://ahabitcoin.com/coinwidget/coin.js
i want to make people get donations by ECC there.

Yes, just change to www.ecoiner.org to let it display in Donation form.

If you want to host those files, give me your email and I send you all.
just send a pm regarding my email..
hostmaster (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:49:15 PM

I guess at this point while launching coin it will be also good idea to create shops using them.
yes if you know any just let us know we can contact and even can offer them some bounty.
vandokkum

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:02:48 PM

Any idea on raising the price?

It seems we suffer the cold Winter of altcoins.

hostmaster (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 02:09:43 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 02:33:29 PM by hostmaster

every new vote you put in mintpal.com vote helps slightly the prices up.
www.mintpal.com/voting

The more exchange we exists the higher prices can be expected.

After we are on all exchanges, shops become more willing to add us and use us.
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 02:36:39 PM

Don't try to raise the price. Buy more if you believe, and if you are right, price will follow later.

Trying to raise price is what pump and dump speculators do.
hostmaster (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 03:06:10 PM

Don't try to raise the price. Buy more if you believe, and if you are right, price will follow later.

Trying to raise price is what pump and dump speculators do.
+1 Agreed.
matoy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 03:31:56 PM

-> Come on to http://ecc.coins4everyone.com!

NEED SOME MINERS HERE Smiley

To get plenty of EC Coins, just point your miners to:
Stratum: stratum+tcp://ecc.eu.stratum.coins4everyone.com
Port: 3469
Algorithm: scrypt
Username: Weblogin.Worker
Password: Worker Password
and then relax... We take care of the rest!

Benefits of Mining @ coins4everyone.com:
* based in Europe
* incredible uptime
* fast dedicated servers w/redundancy, tripple layer DDoS protection
* only 1% fee
* pplns
* nice & caring support
* trustworthy & skilled admins

Come on, we need more hash power, point your miners to our pool and let’s spread hashrate! ;-)

Hash with us and mine fresh coins @ http://www.coins4everyone.com
gouda

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:01:16 PM

I just voted... have you?

Speedie

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:35:22 PM

You have to wonder at the motivation of people dumping at 2 Sat. With 40MH/s I would be getting approximately 9m ECC per day with diff 17. Dumping at 2 Sat would yield a whoopity doo total of 0.18 BTC or 0.0045 BTC per MH/s per day. Less than just mindlessly sticking rigs on a multipool and waiting for the BTC to roll in directly.

I was just reading back through the MINT thread, and it had a similar problem when it first hit a few exchanges. Dumping at 3-4 Sat and people proclaiming that it was dead. It wasn't long before it was into double digits, then 20-25 Sat, and 30-35 Sat, before finally peaking at > 50 Sat. I wonder how the 3-4 Sat dumpers felt when they saw that?

70 billion MINT vs 50 billion ECC, and < 17 billion of those ECC to be mined during the POW stage. But hey, math is hard, so keep dumping at 2 Sat without regard to actual production cost or comparative value. Cheap coins for the rest of us.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 293 »
  Print  

Jump to: