Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:52:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: To hell with regulations and government interference  (Read 561 times)
JakenBake (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:12:56 PM
Merited by EFS (4), DooMAD (2), LoyceV (2), TheBeardedBaby (1), BitHodler (1), theymos_away (1)

Hoping I'm not the only one in here feeling this way or I assume S.W.A.T. will be at my door in a few minutes. 

I see most of the forum members in here thinking we need the government to step in to regulate crypto.  I see others flocking to KYC to make sure they get the latest airdrop all the while losing the precious commodity of privacy.  I even see others hoping and praying we get the ETF approval so prices will really skyrocket and we can all get rich.  The ETF is going to steal control away form us and give it to the paper pushers.  Everything the majority of the forum is doing and hoping for is giving the movement away to the same power structure which is screwing us all over. 

We need no regulations.  We need no KYC.  We need no ETF's.  What we need to do is show the world why Bitcoin is better than government FIAT and let Bitcoin take over that way.  We have a real shot at gaining freedom of finances however it seems most are tripping over themselves to give all that away to the government as quickly as possible.

Please consider government interference in crypto for the future generations sake.  They will not have the amazing earning potential we have.  They will just get a shit sandwich of every transaction they make begin on a public ledger.  Perfect tax slaves.  Are we handing our kids over to the system by allowing the governments to just step in like this? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aiberg
Copper Member

Activity: 153
Merit: 4

CCECOIN

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:06:18 PM

Your view are quite correct in my opinion, the simple truth is that people just want to make money and they have been so systematically manipulated that regulation is the key to the door of the Almighty Crypto Bull.
This is a big lie and it would only further erode the decentralisation and Privacy that The Blockchain was built to promote

✦ ───    CCECOIN   ─── ✦
✔   Decentralized & Transparent Peer to Peer Trading Ecosystem  ✔
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedInTelegramYouTube  ──────── ✦
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:21:24 PM

I started to agree with your points until the below paragraphs.

We need no regulations.  We need no KYC.  We need no ETF's.  What we need to do is show the world why Bitcoin is better than government FIAT and let Bitcoin take over that way.  We have a real shot at gaining freedom of finances however it seems most are tripping over themselves to give all that away to the government as quickly as possible.

Please consider government interference in crypto for the future generations sake.  They will not have the amazing earning potential we have.  They will just get a shit sandwich of every transaction they make begin on a public ledger.  Perfect tax slaves.  Are we handing our kids over to the system by allowing the governments to just step in like this? 

What essentially you are proposing, is non-compliance with government regulations. If you want to see it happening, you will probably have to start a revolution against government, like Renaissance, that happened between 14th and 17th centuries in Europe.

At the current situation of the world when majority of the countries are dependent on each other and the world is controlled by a handful of powerful countries, such idea of revolution is nothing less than a daydream!

Such revolution will bring no impact on cryptos unless and until we can buy our daily goods using that currency. A currency will only succeed if it is used as a medium of exchange. This can be only achieved through compliance!

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 10:49:21 PM

Hoping I'm not the only one in here feeling this way or I assume S.W.A.T. will be at my door in a few minutes. 

I see most of the forum members in here thinking we need the government to step in to regulate crypto.  I see others flocking to KYC to make sure they get the latest airdrop all the while losing the precious commodity of privacy.  I even see others hoping and praying we get the ETF approval so prices will really skyrocket and we can all get rich.  The ETF is going to steal control away form us and give it to the paper pushers.  Everything the majority of the forum is doing and hoping for is giving the movement away to the same power structure which is screwing us all over. 

without communal currencies, each single pow cult becomes just an annoying propaganda spreading sect/cult, that create and advertise worthless draining token,

they will be considered like brainwashed zombies by countless nations, and communities.

a currency without a purpose doesnt has a long future.

Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 10:59:44 PM

Realistically, there isn't anything you can do about government intervention, their intervention is necessary to prevent mass-scale crimes and things that could damage the industry as a whole. I think that we should promote governments involvement, but push for favorable regulations to allow cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies to grow without being needlessly sanctioned by government rules.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:05:25 PM

I agree tgat we don't need any government interference, without it, the crypto will grow bigger and faster, but we can't do anything when the government want to interfere, the government got the power to banned crypto, so rather than being banned I prefer crypto bring regulated, its true that we cant enjoy crypto fully anymore with government interference, but at least we still able to used crypto
fara_buduk

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

gik nyareh proyek seteppak pas sepak

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:08:25 PM

So far I agree with your statement because if the government has intervened in it, it can be said that bitcoin will be 50% like FIAT money but we also need bitcoin legality in a country so bitcoin develops and I hope the government does not interfere in all existing transaction systems the government can only facilitate transactions to be safe and reliable in the country

Vickyrichy

Activity: 209
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:10:10 PM

Enough of this issues relating to governments not approving the use of bitcoin or cryptocurrencies. What we should be doing is to think of various way of improving and getting the general public to the crypto world. We are the source of this issue with governments not accepting cryptocurrencies, some people share all kinds of negative remarks about cryptocurrencies. This has to stop, if you don't buy the idea of cryptocurrencies, leave and let the true believers support the crypto movement. Huh Huh Huh Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:16:17 AM
Merited by theymos_away (1)

I agree, however I don't think it's really on our hands only to get bitcoin into the mainstream to replace fiat. Fiat must fall by itself, we cannot artificially create the incentives. The legacy system must be rendered obsolete, useless, just like everything else that replaced a previous thing.

With fiat, right now people just don't see a necessity to use a cryptocurrency in most cases, since people get paid in fiat, and have access to any goods and services they would need in fiat.

The good news is, when governments get rid of physical cash, the use case for bitcoin will be huge. Then add in the fundamentals of fiat continuing into hyperinflation clusterfuck and you can see the time for bitcoin to shine will come.

Of course third world countries are in need of bitcoin right now, so the faster we can get second layer solutions the better. Then it will be on their part to learn how to use it.
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:17:25 AM
Merited by DarkStar_ (4), Farul (1)

No regulations in cryptocurency means FREEDOM!
That's was my first idea - when I heard about cryptocurrency (maybe second one becouse realy first was WOW you can earn 1000x in crypto ;-)

Recently, however, I came across an interesting article closely related to the topic discussed here. I honestly say that before the reading I had no idea how much cyber criminals are involved in the crypto market. I thought that "real criminals" only use the currency as payment in transactions due to its anonymity, and we have also a group of hackers who try to steal "some coins" ....
The article, however, presents the darker side of the crypto as...

...This is the history of distributed technologies — it’s been one of facilitating criminal enterprise. Bitcoin played right into that, and now we have the dark web and now we have hackers who are leveraging the technologies as well. And people are pretending or fooling themselves that it’s about some sort of a libertarian ideal, where people are going to behave. No, people will not behave. Criminals are going to come in, and they are going to take over, and it’s going to be the whole reason why we have this stuff....

For all cryptophans, this does not sound good but I will tell you in advance that its message is not to close the crypto but to change the rules - reduce anonymity while maintaining most functionality ...

I am not a fan of government and in particular I do not like taxes at all, but after reading this article I changed my mind a bit and now I think that taking some regulations may not be a completely bad idea... For example reducing anonymity while keeping most functionality..
I think we all care about introducing cryptocurrencies for mass use. But do we really have to keep so high level of anonymity while paying in stores, or sending coins to our family or friends?

I think article is readworthy: https://cointelegraph.com/news/it-analyst-jason-bloomberg-what-im-really-saying-is-shut-down-permissionless-blockchains

CryptoSifus

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:26:31 AM
Merited by eddie13 (1)

Finally someone who gets it!
I am tired of the mindless obedience I see in most of the comments here.
People trying to come of with new and different ways to pay their taxes and garbage like that.
The era of nation states and central banking cartels is coming to a close.
The fiat money scam is exposed and now that we finally have sound money (BTC) again, we have a chance to fight back.
All we need to do is ignore their fiat shit and attempts to extort us. Once we have the majority they will fade into obscurity and go back to whatever shitty job they had before they tried to control and dominate others.
Hopefully that's bagging my groceries and washing my car.
Politicians are scum who serve the bankers and they both need to go. Anyone who supports that system is welcome to fade away with them. Time to wake up and get with the times people!

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
CryptoSifus

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:33:34 AM

What essentially you are proposing, is non-compliance with government regulations. If you want to see it happening, you will probably have to start a revolution against government, like Renaissance, that happened between 14th and 17th centuries in Europe.

At the current situation of the world when majority of the countries are dependent on each other and the world is controlled by a handful of powerful countries, such idea of revolution is nothing less than a daydream!

Such revolution will bring no impact on cryptos unless and until we can buy our daily goods using that currency. A currency will only succeed if it is used as a medium of exchange. This can be only achieved through compliance!
Lol, the only point i agree with is your first sentence.

Did you actually read what you wrote?

"This can be only achieved through compliance!" Are you just a model citizen for the state. Bow down and lick that boot.
It's this kind of mindless obedience to the will of the state that is holding the whole liberty movement back.

Do i prefer non-complaince? Absolutely. No one owns me and now that we have sound money, the financial control that has kept us enslaved for millenia is at an end.
Fuck governments, fuck bankers fuck their taxes, and fuck anyone who believes they have the right to oppress, control or extort others through the threat of force. Those times are over.

Impulseboy

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:47:09 AM

I think that you have a point. As much as we would like cryptocurrency to remain free of government regulations, there is nothing we can do but comply if they wish to do so. And if we ever wanted cryptocurrency to become at least the same as fiat then the government has to acknowledge it first.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:53:52 AM

Of course third world countries are in need of bitcoin right now, so the faster we can get second layer solutions the better. Then it will be on their part to learn how to use it.
It depends on how long people are willing to wait for second layer solutions. Technically people can use the lightning network already, and while it's not completely safe, it's safe enough for low value transactions.

There are currently a couple (some better than the other) of mobile lightning clients available in the Google play store, and while it requires using a third party node, it does work flawlessly.

I'm currently using Bitcoin Lightning Wallet from anton kumaigorodski (search for it in the Google play store, it has a 4.7 star rating) and I personally consider this one to be the best. Only test it with lower amounts just in case.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3100

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:42:28 PM

Resilience is far more important to success than compliance.  And the simple fact is, the moment you introduce compliance at a protocol level is the moment you weaken resilience.  If you want compliance, use third party services that are compliant with the necessary regulations.  Companies and businesses that use Bitcoin can (and in most cases probably should) be regulated.  The protocol itself can't/shouldn't/won't be regulated.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:50:18 PM

Cryptocurrencies decentralized nature should be able to survive without any single interference. Isn't it kind of ironic if the Bitcoin price is somehow affected by some governors regulations?. The communities are lack of understanding about what decentralized really means. If the majority is risking their identity only to use cryptocurrencies there must be something wrong within the communities.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:53:33 PM

Oh yeah, we don't want to revert on our independence and lack of government control. But it is also a necessary step to allow market growth and wider world adoption.
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 09:50:34 AM

We need no regulations.  We need no KYC.  We need no ETF's.  What we need to do is show the world why Bitcoin is better than government FIAT and let Bitcoin take over that way.  We have a real shot at gaining freedom of finances however it seems most are tripping over themselves to give all that away to the government as quickly as possible.

Reading that read like the lyrics of a Pink Floyd song !

We don't need no regulation
We don't need no KYC
No coin promoters in the courtroom
Governments leave them ICOs alone
Hey! Governments! Leave them coins alone
All in all it's just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall

But in all seriousness - no-one in their right mind WANTS regulations and Government interference but it is going to happen and when it happens you are better working with them to make good legislation than to just wait it out and see what idiotic ideas they come up with.

Centralized exchanges will get regulated - A LOT. Governments want their cut of the profits. Work with the regulations rather than against them until there is a system that they are unable to regulate.

Until decentralized exchanges really exist - there is a risk to privacy coins.

I really hope that someone will take my suggestion of wallet-swap seriously. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5001019.msg45130945#msg45130945

It would make the exchange really peer to peer and trust would only have to exist in the open source code.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
wyplashdea

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:31:26 PM

I agree 99% with you but, you know, BTC - BC its a powerful tool, and as a tool, it is not good or bad, its a tool. If someone with moral/ethic uses it its OK, if someone no so responsible uses it, maybe there is a problem.

I am not in the club of "Lets regulate everything" but im not too in the club of "Let it be" because I don't trust in people as much as maybe some others do. But, i tell you what, ¿Could you imagine a descentralized regulation made by consensus of all BTC users? Maybe its a beginning, we need a regulation to protect ourselves of fraud and so on, but a regulation also that make us more free and more confident in this disrupting technology.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 03:54:55 PM

We must realise the fact that blockchain technology is much advanced than any other invention out there in this category. No one can manipulate it (in the case of projects like Bitcoin). The attempt of regulation or restricting it would give the trouble for the economy in my honest opinion. However, legal recognization in the eyes of law would definitely help to change the perception among the people.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:02:25 PM

I agree with some of your arguments as they are very much valid but concluding that there is no for government or some form of regulations would only compound the whole issue simply because there is no way you can control the behaviour of people engages in crypto currency. For the fact that you won't engage in illegal activities does not mean other people will not engage in it which means people needs an authority to protect them.

For example if its proven that because of lack of government regulations, terrorists were able to finance their activities and strike, they would attack those who either believes in crypto or not, innocent or guilty and most importantly those who will be in the wrong place at the wrong time which could be anybody. How do you then stop that. While government maximum intervention is discouraged, its sometimes necessary to protect the overall populace.
Marcel555

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:08:31 PM

Regulation would have it's advantages, but I think it is outweighed by the disadvantages.
We would lose the qualities of decentralizatiom and anonymity. Taxes would be imposed also.
It would also reduce scams as not every guy with a PC would be able to make a digital currency.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:12:53 PM

However, legal recognization in the eyes of law would definitely help to change the perception among the people.

It's sad to see that we're living in a time where average people and other economical entities really need their government to give them an okay sign in order to finally dig in. Bitcoin is meant to tackle that, and while in current state of the world it's not likely to see people and businesses turn against their government, it really is a possibility now you can't be financially terrorized by your government anymore.

I'm not saying that governments are in and in evil and they serve no purpose, but people's soft attitude towards them made governments the insanely powerful entities that they are today. We gave them that power and with Bitcoin we can take some of that power away from them if we unite.

The government should be there to help you, and not to extort you. What did they do to deserve people's 'loyalty'?
Wall_Streeet

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:13:47 PM

cryptocurrency will exist regardless of what will be on it, because it is natural, it's just a code
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:18:02 PM

Regulation would have it's advantages, but I think it is outweighed by the disadvantages.
We would lose the qualities of decentralizatiom and anonymity. Taxes would be imposed also.
It would also reduce scams as not every guy with a PC would be able to make a digital currency.
Regulations are very very important because when there is a regulation it will make the digital currency condition stronger. Support from the government will attract more interested people and investors. Besides that, with the support from the government, the situation of price movements of digital currencies will be more stable and show increasing popularity.
rosemary4u

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:02:24 PM

We must not  allow politicians or governments to interfere in the world of crypto. Governments always wants to have control over everything that is happening in their respective countries. I believe most people don't understand how crypto currencies work. The authorities are  really sacred about crypto but they wish they could do something about how decentralized blockchain technology is.
Slow death
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1099

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:27:36 PM

I see most of the forum members in here thinking we need the government to step in to regulate crypto.  I see others flocking to KYC to make sure they get the latest airdrop all the while losing the precious commodity of privacy.  I even see others hoping and praying we get the ETF approval so prices will really skyrocket and we can all get rich.

You seem to forget that the crypto world is full of scammer and arrogant and irresponsible people.

let's show concrete things about the true crypto world:

Betvibe Platform-SCAM - FAKE TEAM

[ANN][BGL]🔥Bitglo Exchange 🔥 SCAM 🔥 ATTENTION 🔥

Scam - Acommax ICO - Fake team & ponzi scheme

ChangeNow.io (Evercode Lab) - Scam. Illegally holding of 100 BCH (11 bitcoins).

BitexBay Is a scam Exchange

example of arrogance:

Scammed by YOBIT - 1 million FJC stuck forever and NO SUPPORT REPLIES

I want to share my experience of being scammed by YOBIT to warn everyone out there not to go near this site, which is at the moment basically run by thieves who will outright steal your money if you are unlucky enough to deposit it in there.

I had more than 1 million FJC (currently worth about 0.05 btc but historically worth much more) held in YOBIT account (username TurpentineEnema) for some months. Last week I got round to withdrawing it. I put in my correct address: FpfT296MAMSXZQcdxKt8unsJx19LFqXsuP and all seemed OK, to begin with. Yes, my username is dumb but I never knew I'd need to deal with support in any major way.

24 hours later - stuck at 0/20 confirmations. I contacted support. No reply. I also tried asking for help in the comment box. No reply.

More than a week later, still stuck at 0/20 confirmations. No replies. After doing some digging, it appears that Yobit have never even upgraded their FJC wallet from the old 2.0 chain, and so it is basically functioning as a zombie exchange for FJC at the moment. On the FJC Slack there is a thread dedicated to the problems with Yobit, and it appears that some users have had their coins stuck for months now with no reply from support.

Today, I tried to log in and Yobit have now banned me, presumably for complaining too much. So it appears that Yobit do have admins who can ban people, but who are not willing to deal with the withdrawal problems which at this stage amount to outright theft.

I would urge everyone to STAY AWAY FROM YOBIT. They will steal your coins, and goodness only knows what shady misery you are funding by putting your money into this site. I hope that law enforcement catches up with them soon.

How many people are losing money because of scammers? The answer is simple: there are many people who are losing money because of scammers, we need regulations. you have no power to judge the scammers, only with regulations will it be possible to punish the scammers and reduce the scam cases.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:00:35 PM

Sincerely speaking we do not need government intervention in cryptocurrency because one major thing they would do once in is to control the whole crypto system itself with an intention to monopolise it as they've done with fiat currency. Since the inception of Bitcoin in 2008/2009, it has continuously been a decentralised system which is unbias, sincere and transparent to all thereby giving power to the people to librate themselves from the shackles of enslavery imposed by those with power. If and only if all investors understand that we don't need government regulation(s) to take Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as whole to a new height, then we shall surely achieve it.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
John Trevor

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:12:56 PM

I do agree with you. Try making 7 billion people agree on using crypto to buy daily stuff
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:17:05 PM

I think there are bad players in crypto industry as well that can only be taken care of by government regulation. You're correct about not wanting it but we do need some kind of compliance to deal with corruption. Besides regulation can really help with adoption and bring more people to crypto world. It was going to happen sooner or later, so called govt wouldn't wanna miss on it.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
jdeanne92

Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:56:47 PM

It has positive and negative effects.

KYC helps us track scammers and ill minded people that are crawling on every inch of crypto society. Without these regulations and KYC thing i do believe that cypto society would have been a place that looks like a market full of people that is waiting to be scammed and waiting to scam someone.

On the other part it dissolves the primary objective of cryptocurrency which is anonymity.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 04:04:35 PM

However, legal recognization in the eyes of law would definitely help to change the perception among the people.

It's sad to see that we're living in a time where average people and other economical entities really need their government to give them an okay sign in order to finally dig in. Bitcoin is meant to tackle that, and while in current state of the world it's not likely to see people and businesses turn against their government, it really is a possibility now you can't be financially terrorized by your government anymore.

I'm not saying that governments are in and in evil and they serve no purpose, but people's soft attitude towards them made governments the insanely powerful entities that they are today. We gave them that power and with Bitcoin we can take some of that power away from them if we unite.

The government should be there to help you, and not to extort you. What did they do to deserve people's 'loyalty'?

Exactly! It's the time where we need to think and act beyond the traditional mindset. It's not about the trust on government but the trust on something that is directly based on us. It is happening for the first time in the history of mankind that we are able to trust a group of unknown people more than the familiar faces. The traditional system would soon transform into the modern one that will be more efficient.
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:34:18 PM

Wow I never knew we still have such an intelligent and faster thinkers here till I see this post, every thing you just said above is nothing but the truth because if we  should allow government or any agency have control over cryptocurrency we all meant loss our fund with the new rule they will implement on us. Secondly about the bitcoin price we don't need government regulations before bitcoin price can burst just like before it all lies in our hands just as mentioned about.
maskeffec

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:34:34 PM

Without interference the crypto government will grow bigger and faster, but we cannot do anything when the government wants to intervene, the government has difficulty in regulating the crypto until they prohibit the use of crypto in its territory, it really impacts the panic of the holders and making prices fall further.
muhammedb

Merit: 108

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:42:37 PM

You just said it all, give the government chance to control cryptocurrency is like adding salt to injure which will all know the repercussions. I think this moment all we can be to help our see and bitcoior cryptocurrency is cooperation in other world one mind business.
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 05:52:54 PM

I thought even without official interference from government bodies, still some form of neutral governance should present within the cryptocurrency, people know its a gold mine so do the amount of scams and big fishy movement trying to chip investor, you see the trend would die easily if people start losing money on bad deeds and well, dont talk about adoption its like a crime to step in cryptocurrency, some form is needed but still people are building trust towards these bodies, and its just making another side to be advantageous like you say the taxation imposed, in future free trading is still yet to come, we need time

waitforme

Activity: 618

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:56:50 PM

Governments are trying to make people believe Bitcoin is indeed a threat to the global economy, causing the entire market to fall sharply. As it recovers, governments begin to think of how to control it with rules and interventions to put pressure on it.

abbywem

Activity: 100

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:01:15 PM

Governments are trying to make people believe Bitcoin is indeed a threat to the global economy, causing the entire market to fall sharply. As it recovers, governments begin to think of how to control it with rules and interventions to put pressure on it.

It's our job to make sure they do not take over when they realize they cannot scare us away form it.  It does not seem like we are rady to fight this battle however.  We have people chomping at the bit to get airdrops by sending in their passports.  Our own greed will be our downfall.  The powers that be know this.  If we stood firm and fought these bankers and governments we could have free money.  I'm not seeing it right now. 

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:14:16 PM

The cryptocurrency is design to be free that is the real essence of the blockchain technology it made to offer us the financial freedom which we never have due to government involvements in our traditional financial system like the faint money and the banking system, allowing government to regulate cryptocurrency is like selling out our right and freedom.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:41:16 PM

Yes you are absolutely right.Bitcoin should be allowed to continue in its natural form of helping people to reach out of government's hands.Otherwise only the name bitcoin would exist and there would be no bitcoin anymore.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
davhek

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:51:33 PM

Without regulations, we will never have ETFs. And I believe they are our best chance to turn back into the bull run again. If it will become a mainstream we need to have some rules.

juntop1

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:56:21 PM

I think the government’s regulation of crypto has both advantages and disadvantages. There is a possibility that government’s involvement to crypto will bring with itself grows of trust to digital money. Moreover, it might be easier to go though both depositing and withdrawal processes with the help or cooperation of government. In such case the price of crypto would go up and become more stable, but users will need to pay taxes and feel other pressure caused by governmental interference. Besides, in such case there won’t be any decentralization anymore and crypto will lose its chance to become international.
tunapa

Activity: 667

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:38:12 PM

Honestly you have a good point. Thinking of the fact that regulation will give authority to the cabals we are trying to gain freedom from. This is truly sad. But in another dimension, one would think of regulating crypto to safeguard Investors and curb criminal activities. This is a dilema . we just have to accept a new development that embraces safety, privacy and freedom.
sinta23

Activity: 668

DogData

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 04:01:00 PM

Without regulations, we will never have ETFs. And I believe they are our best chance to turn back into the bull run again. If it will become a mainstream we need to have some rules.

the rule is indeed necessary in the crypto world. because the regulation sometimes benefits the market, sometimes if the government approves crypto, the market will return but sometimes the government prohibits it

conceivedspoon2

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:36:42 PM

This statement ofcourse is born out of the confidence that is placed on bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Regulations and government interference is a subject of threats and value. Most national currencies are devalued to the international placement. So, regulations most of the guides those on the low end compare to those at the top of the government and the high networth individuals
manyu22

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:45:23 PM

the rule is indeed necessary in the crypto world. because the regulation sometimes benefits the market, sometimes if the government approves crypto, the market will return but sometimes the government prohibits it
Bitcoin is not an official currency. That means, most jurisdictions might ask you to pay income, sales, payroll, and capital gains taxes on anything that has value including bitcoin. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have complied with taxes and other legal rules or policies issued by your government and / or policy makers in your area.
prikitiw

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:47:16 PM

Crypto will grow bigger and faster if the government gives full support, but we can't do anything when the government wants to intervene, the government gets the power to ban crypto, so I prefer crypto to be regulated rather than Crypto banned by the government.
Bakul_cacing

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:35:47 PM

I really agree with the thread.
The government should not interfere with the Crypto world. All we have to do is think of various ways to improve and bring the general public to the crypto world.
Charmainekiss

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:38:24 AM

Governments began to think of ways to control it with rules and interventions to put pressure on it. Without regulation, we would never have an ETF. If it becomes a mainstream, we need to have some rules.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:14:51 AM

The main goal of electronic money is anonymity.

not at all!
the main goal of electronic money is to be electronic! there are many different types of electronic money from the electronic banking and other online wallets such as Paypal to the cryptocurrencies that we have and there are dozens of sub categories.
only some of them focus on anonymity and not all of them and it certainly is not the main goal of the whole thing.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:18:22 AM

This is exactly what OP is talking about. You have to realize that we don't need ETFs! Are you investing in futures? Are you planning to put your money into an ETF like CBOE when it gets approved? Most of us don't and won't. It's only that some people believe other rich people will do it and bring the price up, but the reality is different and likes to kick you in the ass when you least expect it. Futures market brought prices down not up. ETFs can become a vulnerability just like Tether.

Fightclub321

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:22:51 AM

Realistically, there isn't anything you can do about government intervention, their intervention is necessary to prevent mass-scale crimes and things that could damage the industry as a whole. I think that we should promote governments involvement, but push for favorable regulations to allow cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies to grow without being needlessly sanctioned by government rules.

Agree.
Moreover, with government regulations many companies would start accepting cryptos;
Btc has been down for some days, I'm watching it on coin360. Mass adoption of btc results in price growing.
We get rid of scams;
But regulations should be made so to improve the whole system, not to damage it.
CryptoDamon

Activity: 99
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:38:31 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2018, 11:48:47 AM by CryptoDamon

The only thing that I can think of when it comes to government regulations. If only there's no money involve with this technology then there will be no government regulations involve for most of the people who are sitting in the higher office wanted to get a piece of the pie about everything.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:40:46 AM

I completely agreed on this i am always a haters of KyC and that ETF Since cryptocurrency community can stand without this and this are only form of hindrances to manipulate the market and ofcourse the community..we can prove the world that we can make the universe change if they will only give us a chance to prove this
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:49:39 AM

I know that Government will not rest until she either get involved in bitcoin/cryptocurrency management or it will get destroyed. If Bitcoin loses its decentralized nature then it will no longer be bitcoin and all the attractions will be lost. We are waiting for ETF which I am also believing that it will help push the price of Bitcoin and inadvertently the other altcoins. But that, should be the best government can be involved in crypocurrency. All  other regulations should not be targeting bitcoins again.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:09:33 AM

Crypto as a decentralized currency of course there will certainly be no interference from the government. but on the other hand the government has the authority to make regulations in financial terms, this is why it is very difficult to run even though crypto is created as a decentralized currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆