Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:58:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To hell with regulations and government interference  (Read 561 times)
davhek

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:51:33 PM

Without regulations, we will never have ETFs. And I believe they are our best chance to turn back into the bull run again. If it will become a mainstream we need to have some rules.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
juntop1

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:56:21 PM

I think the government’s regulation of crypto has both advantages and disadvantages. There is a possibility that government’s involvement to crypto will bring with itself grows of trust to digital money. Moreover, it might be easier to go though both depositing and withdrawal processes with the help or cooperation of government. In such case the price of crypto would go up and become more stable, but users will need to pay taxes and feel other pressure caused by governmental interference. Besides, in such case there won’t be any decentralization anymore and crypto will lose its chance to become international.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:38:12 PM

Honestly you have a good point. Thinking of the fact that regulation will give authority to the cabals we are trying to gain freedom from. This is truly sad. But in another dimension, one would think of regulating crypto to safeguard Investors and curb criminal activities. This is a dilema . we just have to accept a new development that embraces safety, privacy and freedom.
sinta23

Activity: 668

DogData

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 04:01:00 PM

Without regulations, we will never have ETFs. And I believe they are our best chance to turn back into the bull run again. If it will become a mainstream we need to have some rules.

the rule is indeed necessary in the crypto world. because the regulation sometimes benefits the market, sometimes if the government approves crypto, the market will return but sometimes the government prohibits it

conceivedspoon2

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:36:42 PM

This statement ofcourse is born out of the confidence that is placed on bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. Regulations and government interference is a subject of threats and value. Most national currencies are devalued to the international placement. So, regulations most of the guides those on the low end compare to those at the top of the government and the high networth individuals
manyu22

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:45:23 PM

the rule is indeed necessary in the crypto world. because the regulation sometimes benefits the market, sometimes if the government approves crypto, the market will return but sometimes the government prohibits it
Bitcoin is not an official currency. That means, most jurisdictions might ask you to pay income, sales, payroll, and capital gains taxes on anything that has value including bitcoin. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have complied with taxes and other legal rules or policies issued by your government and / or policy makers in your area.
prikitiw

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:47:16 PM

Crypto will grow bigger and faster if the government gives full support, but we can't do anything when the government wants to intervene, the government gets the power to ban crypto, so I prefer crypto to be regulated rather than Crypto banned by the government.
Bakul_cacing

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:35:47 PM

I really agree with the thread.
The government should not interfere with the Crypto world. All we have to do is think of various ways to improve and bring the general public to the crypto world.
Charmainekiss

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:38:24 AM

Governments began to think of ways to control it with rules and interventions to put pressure on it. Without regulation, we would never have an ETF. If it becomes a mainstream, we need to have some rules.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:14:51 AM

The main goal of electronic money is anonymity.

not at all!
the main goal of electronic money is to be electronic! there are many different types of electronic money from the electronic banking and other online wallets such as Paypal to the cryptocurrencies that we have and there are dozens of sub categories.
only some of them focus on anonymity and not all of them and it certainly is not the main goal of the whole thing.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:18:22 AM

This is exactly what OP is talking about. You have to realize that we don't need ETFs! Are you investing in futures? Are you planning to put your money into an ETF like CBOE when it gets approved? Most of us don't and won't. It's only that some people believe other rich people will do it and bring the price up, but the reality is different and likes to kick you in the ass when you least expect it. Futures market brought prices down not up. ETFs can become a vulnerability just like Tether.

Fightclub321

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:22:51 AM

Realistically, there isn't anything you can do about government intervention, their intervention is necessary to prevent mass-scale crimes and things that could damage the industry as a whole. I think that we should promote governments involvement, but push for favorable regulations to allow cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies to grow without being needlessly sanctioned by government rules.

Agree.
Moreover, with government regulations many companies would start accepting cryptos;
Btc has been down for some days, I'm watching it on coin360. Mass adoption of btc results in price growing.
We get rid of scams;
But regulations should be made so to improve the whole system, not to damage it.
CryptoDamon

Activity: 99
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:38:31 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2018, 11:48:47 AM by CryptoDamon

The only thing that I can think of when it comes to government regulations. If only there's no money involve with this technology then there will be no government regulations involve for most of the people who are sitting in the higher office wanted to get a piece of the pie about everything.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:40:46 AM

I completely agreed on this i am always a haters of KyC and that ETF Since cryptocurrency community can stand without this and this are only form of hindrances to manipulate the market and ofcourse the community..we can prove the world that we can make the universe change if they will only give us a chance to prove this
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:49:39 AM

I know that Government will not rest until she either get involved in bitcoin/cryptocurrency management or it will get destroyed. If Bitcoin loses its decentralized nature then it will no longer be bitcoin and all the attractions will be lost. We are waiting for ETF which I am also believing that it will help push the price of Bitcoin and inadvertently the other altcoins. But that, should be the best government can be involved in crypocurrency. All  other regulations should not be targeting bitcoins again.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:09:33 AM

Crypto as a decentralized currency of course there will certainly be no interference from the government. but on the other hand the government has the authority to make regulations in financial terms, this is why it is very difficult to run even though crypto is created as a decentralized currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆