Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:00:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electroneum's Instant Pay Platform is faster than Visa, AMEX and Mastercard  (Read 72 times)
davey76 (OP)

Activity: 508
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:57:29 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2018, 07:28:29 AM by davey76

Electroneum (ETN)’s instant payment is now live. This centralized and decentralized platform lets you complete a POS or online checkout instantaneously. Instead of waiting minutes for a transaction to manifest on blockchain, or waiting for 24 hours for a bank release your funds, Electroneum’s platform lets the recipient send goods immediately, thanks to its never-before-seen ability to guarantee the funds. Here’s how Electroneum’s instant payment works.

One Reddit user tested the speed and was able to get an instant notification from the USA to Japan in 2.7 seconds with a single refresh. The transaction appeared on the blockchain within a few minutes after. Additionally, the user tried a USA to USA transactions. They were able to send Electroneum in 3-4 seconds with instant payment.

More info at: https://blocklr.com/news/electroneum-etn-instant-payment-live/

Watch an Egyptian integration on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9kfftkWJy8

I think this is a game changer for crypto, what do you guys think? Electroneum aims for the masses that don't understand crypto.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:09:42 PM

So, I saw the video linked in the article, All it showed was the user got a notification in the app, while the transaction appeared on blockchain 'a few minutes later' according to the article. So what's so revolutionary here? It's the same thing as not having 'confirmed' transaction show up in your wallet. Was this whole article just about a notification? Or am I missing something here?  Roll Eyes
davey76 (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:17:57 PM

You are missing that the transaction first go through a central server, so the vendor instantly gets the confirmation that he will be paid. The transaction will later appear on the actual blockchain. The real-life transaction is instant, like paying with cash or a card. The proof of the transaction is found later on the blockchain.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:38:53 PM

You are missing that the transaction first go through a central server, so the vendor instantly gets the confirmation that he will be paid. The transaction will later appear on the actual blockchain. The real-life transaction is instant, like paying with cash or a card. The proof of the transaction is found later on the blockchain.

So this 'central-server' has the user's private key to ensure that the transaction will go through? How are they ensuring the payment will go through? I will look into Electroneum.
davey76 (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:06:37 PM

Whenever you get a wallet from electroneum via their app or website, they won't give you the private key. So, it is less decentralized then other cryptocurrencies. You can always make a paper wallet and transfer your ETN there, then you have your private key. They aim on the masses that don't understand thinks like private keys and other technical stuff.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:10:58 PM

Whenever you get a wallet from electroneum via their app or website, they won't give you the private key. So, it is less decentralized then other cryptocurrencies. You can always make a paper wallet and transfer your ETN there, then you have your private key. They aim on the masses that don't understand thinks like private keys and other technical stuff.

Lol, So its a PayPal with public database... But with the option to go private.
davey76 (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:35:07 PM

Nah, I think you need to do some more research ... Public database? lol
Thekool1s
Legendary

Change is in your hands

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:37:06 PM

Nah, I think you need to do some more research ... Public database? lol

Database as in, List of all the transactions. I will watch a couple of videos on this if you have any suggestions feel free to pm me.
davey76 (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:14:40 PM

The advantage is that a customer can pay instantly and the vendor knows he will get his money (while the blockchain is processing the real transaction). Mass adoption will only work, if the sale is made within seconds, like with a debitcard or cash. Waiting for a blockchain is no option.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 03:17:21 PM

Electroneum (ETN)’s instant payment is now live. This centralized and decentralized platform lets you complete a POS or online checkout instantaneously. Instead of waiting minutes for a transaction to manifest on blockchain, or waiting for 24 hours for a bank release your funds, Electroneum’s platform lets the recipient send goods immediately, thanks to its never-before-seen ability to guarantee the funds. Here’s how Electroneum’s instant payment works.

One Reddit user tested the speed and was able to get an instant notification from the USA to Japan in 2.7 seconds with a single refresh. The transaction appeared on the blockchain within a few minutes after. Additionally, the user tried a USA to USA transactions. They were able to send Electroneum in 3-4 seconds with instant payment.

More info at: https://blocklr.com/news/electroneum-etn-instant-payment-live/

Watch an Egyptian integration on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9kfftkWJy8

I think this is a game changer for crypto, what do you guys think? Electroneum aims for the masses that don't understand crypto.

Could you explain in OP what are the advantages of this system?

And how it can be centralized and decentralized platform at the same time? Other than that, what's the purpose of this system if it still comes down to waiting for a few confirmations till your transaction is considered accepted by the network? Most services require a few confirmations anyway, and thus you can see the transaction in any blockchain explorer without the help of such third party tools. If it is a payment processor (sort of), then I don't understand its purpose as you can still try to double-spend. Thus it makes no sense as such as it doesn't have private keys and can't guarantee that a transaction won't be recast

The advantage is that a customer can pay instantly and the vendor knows he will get his money

There's no such guarantee unless the service has the keys. And if it has, it is pretty much the same online wallet like Coinbase or whatever

kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:47:06 PM

Does Electroneum still exist?  Undecided I bought some during the ICO and hype last year but lost any hope of ever getting any profit from me hodling ETN. I was sold by the marketing moves of Richard Ells and youtubers (Crypto for the people). Hopefully this video revived some hope in Electroneum for me.
davey76 (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:27:52 AM

Well, a picture or a video says a thousands words, here one from the community:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cFLTzOFzOc
IAmLucas

Activity: 187

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:34:46 AM

Does Electroneum still exist?  Undecided I bought some during the ICO and hype last year but lost any hope of ever getting any profit from me hodling ETN. I was sold by the marketing moves of Richard Ells and youtubers (Crypto for the people). Hopefully this video revived some hope in Electroneum for me.

You have probably made back a good chunk of your money now. Depending on when you got in. If ICO then about 5x investment.
Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 01:02:18 PM

This is good but I am not really surprised. I have always known that blockchain technology and cryptos are going to surpass everything that we have known before now and that is the truth. This is not just a game changer for cryptos like you said, it is a game changer for all kinds of currencies both fiat and digital. This is what the future looks like

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: