Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:08:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hate against bounty hunters!!!  (Read 804 times)
PolinaCryptoN (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 403
Merit: 8

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:45:53 PM

I wanted to tell you  what I think about a statement in the title and also ask your opinion.

As I know, this forum was made for discussions mainly about Bitcoin, altcoins and cryptos, as well as many other topics. After reading some topics and its comments I felt like there was some sort of discrimination against, firstly, newbies and then against bounty hunters. If it's shameful to participate in bounties why is there a section about it (I want your opinion about this but plan to ask everything in the end).
There are problems about it which even I can understand, like spamming or shitposting, but instead of complaining why don't we think about solving the problem. I was thinking about this a lot, yet I couldn't come up with any ideas with the solution, but then the administrator reworked the newbie and jr. member system which I think was a fantastic idea. After this one, newbies won't try to post nonsense but will be determined to work on a quality post to get merits if they want to rank up. I hope most of the forum community understands that you shouldn't hunt merits down, but make quality posts and get experienced.

After theymos made the decision there must be less shitposting since you can't just write 30 posts and get the rank
1. No shitposting Until 30 posts.
2. No shitposting after becoming jr. member while participating in ICO since there is a restriction about symbols used and constructiveness.

Now back to bounty hunters and the problems community still face.
What do you think about some of the statements I'm interested in:
1. What does this forum mean to you? What do you like about it and why are you here?
2. Should bounties be attached to this website? Why or why not?
3. What else can we do against shitposting and spamming (or do we need to do anything at all?).
4. What do you think about the decision of the administrator?

I would really appreciate if you gave me some of your time to answer. Please try to convey your opinion without harassing anyone.
Thanks for your attention and have a good day!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Python Master
Copper Member

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:53:12 PM

What is the purpose of your question/survey? Does it help you/us to come up with any better solution?

Locotoni

Activity: 490
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:58:19 PM

I wanted to tell you  what I think about a statement in the title and also ask your opinion.

As I know, this forum was made for discussions mainly about Bitcoin, altcoins and cryptos, as well as many other topics. After reading some topics and its comments I felt like there was some sort of discrimination against, firstly, newbies and then against bounty hunters. If it's shameful to participate in bounties why is there a section about it (I want your opinion about this but plan to ask everything in the end).
There are problems about it which even I can understand, like spamming or shitposting, but instead of complaining why don't we think about solving the problem. I was thinking about this a lot, yet I couldn't come up with any ideas with the solution, but then the administrator reworked the newbie and jr. member system which I think was a fantastic idea. After this one, newbies won't try to post nonsense but will be determined to work on a quality post to get merits if they want to rank up. I hope most of the forum community understands that you shouldn't hunt merits down, but make quality posts and get experienced.

After theymos made the decision there must be less shitposting since you can't just write 30 posts and get the rank
2. No shitposting after becoming jr. member while participating in ICO since there is a restriction about symbols used and constructiveness.

1. What does this forum mean to you? What do you like about it and why are you here?
3. What else can we do against shitposting and spamming (or do we need to do anything at all?).

I would really appreciate if you gave me some of your time to answer. Please try to convey your opinion without harassing anyone.

I found out almost everything I know about cryptoworld after participating in faucets, airdrops and bounties. Without that I wouldn't have found out anything about this forum and I really appreciate it, so I don't agree with you in taking out bounties from the website. We must encourage more and more people to discover forum and bounties are one of the options. We must grow big by developing bounty system.
PolinaCryptoN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:00:43 PM

What is the purpose of your question/survey? Does it help you/us to come up with any better solution?

The purpose was to come up with a better solution. And I have my own interest in it, Wanted to see this subject from others' perspective.
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 3016

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:01:23 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2018, 02:15:42 PM by Lafu

If you take a look at this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032314.0  from  LoyceV  
you can see that the change did some good thing to the Forum , and thats what the most wanted !
Reduce spam posts !

Answer : - A crypto related informativ Museum

Answer : -  Not for spam users  , other users doing bountys too without spamming or else  

Answer :  - What you can do about against Spam is report the bad ones !

Answer :  - Good move from theymos to improve  the forum

PolinaCryptoN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:28:45 PM

If you take a look at this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032314.0  from  LoyceV  
you can see that the change did some good thing to the Forum , and thats what the most wanted !
Reduce spam posts !

Answer : - A crypto related informativ Museum

Answer : -  Not for spam users  , other users doing bountys too without spamming or else  

Answer :  - What you can do about against Spam is report the bad ones !

Answer :  - Good move from theymos to improve  the forum

Seems like the change is going good so far Cheesy
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:14:15 PM

1. The forum is a community and we all know what happens inside a community!

I was engaged on faucet back then, until I saw the bounty section. But I just recently learned something greater in service discussion section.

2. Yes, because there is joy in giving and theymos stated:
I very much do not want to destroy the sig-ad/airdrop/bounty "industry".
I think theymos loves bounty too!

3. @Lafu answered it already, and be sure to check this - [Guide] Reporting effectively, just in case you want to hunt spammers and plagiarists.

4. Good for the forum and bounty hunters too. But let's wait a little bit longer, theymos might implement something much harder.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:14:40 PM

I'd suggest you to change the title to Hate against SPAM Bounty Hunters.

I too hunt for bounties and it never hurts; but I try to avoid posting garbage and don't remember instances where I've faced hate for being a bounty hunter much.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 2165

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 04:25:03 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2018, 04:37:05 PM by Coolcryptovator

Hate isn't for bounty hunters, hate is for spammer like you. I review your post history, only that post you made little bit longer. Others all are within 10/12 wrods and bounty reports. And as far as I know this is your first post on meta.
Not agree. No shitpost forever is better option. I can't realized why you quoting all the post. Avoid quite full reply if unnecessary.
Bounty hunters not a problem for forum, spamming is main issue. But unfortunately most of bounty hunters is spammers due to signature campaign.

Use report to moderator option if you found spamming.

Positive. It's not only admin dicision, suggestion came out from well reputed forum members. You can call them forum assists.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Hanbok

Activity: 79
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:26:38 PM

You are the participant of the bounty and you become Copper Member from September 19th just to write this article, Why?
These are all your posts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2026874;sa=showPosts;start=0
MainIbem

Activity: 1302
Merit: 379

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 04:32:42 PM

OP, have you made a quality post worthy of merit and it was not merited, in your judgment? I know of Higher members who have volunteered to give merits to members. The only requirement was for you to post the link to your post you think is worthy of merit. Those who took advantage of the provision got merits. I am sure you did not even know about it.

Who then hates who?

If you can, submit your link(s) for me to review.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
PolinaCryptoN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:05:52 PM

Guys just to make clear, I was using this forum acc only for bounties, then I found some interesting topics and got involved in it. Why is past so important and how is it connected to this post?
evergreendog

Activity: 79
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:07:43 PM

Its quite funny actually, without the alctoin section, bounty section, and paid signature campaigns this forum would be nearly dead and would lose at least 90% of its traffic.
PolinaCryptoN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:10:40 PM

OP, have you made a quality post worthy of merit and it was not merited, in your judgment? I know of Higher members who have volunteered to give merits to members. The only requirement was for you to post the link to your post you think is worthy of merit. Those who took advantage of the provision got merits. I am sure you did not even know about it.

Who then hates who?

If you can, submit your link(s) for me to review.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4417594.msg45901640#msg45901640
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5031977.msg45902399#msg45902399
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032706.msg45903859#msg45903859

You can review those ones
Unfortunately, these are the only ones I wrote after I started participating in discussions and not only in bounties.
Thanks a lot.
Sova_tmb

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:52:26 PM

I think you create this post in the hope to get merit. I'm have neutral relationship to bounty because it's a part of this forum.
PolinaCryptoN (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:06:22 AM

I think you create this post in the hope to get merit. I'm have neutral relationship to bounty because it's a part of this forum.

I have copper, why would I be in a need for merit?
Jannn

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 12:07:36 PM

I don't think that the goal was to delay shitposting, but rather to eliminate or at least greatly reduce it. Obviously stronger rules are needed to completely stop it, but there has to be a middle ground to make the forum hospitable for new members. A long time ago Newbies could only post in the beginner's section, which obviously isn't very useful at all.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:31:19 PM

I found out almost everything I know about cryptoworld after participating in faucets, airdrops and bounties. Without that I wouldn't have found out anything about this forum and I really appreciate it, so I don't agree with you in taking out bounties from the website. We must encourage more and more people to discover forum and bounties are one of the options. We must grow big by developing bounty system.

And after 600 posts you still are not contributing? Maybe you should have learned as we did before bounties by doing research and supporting projects that have a future and helping n00bs learn how to progress the scene and not just profit from it.

Read this.

Cypherpunk Manifesto
https://www.activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html

This is why most of the early adopters are here, not to skim what they can from other peoples dreams of freedom.

I have copper, why would I be in a need for merit?

I heard somewhere that copper without merit was going to lose sig privileges.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Bennix
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 04:31:32 PM

To be more direct,newbies are not recognized in this forum,and this ugly trend is not a welcome development to this community.
If you watch very well,you will observed that  old guys here always focus on the mistakes newbies made thereby neglecting the quality posts of newbies.
You can't tell that all the posts demoted jr members have are useless to the extent of not getting even 1 merit.
Some demoted jr members have more than one hundred  posts and activity made in different days /months ,yet no merit has been given to them.
The question is ,how do newbies attain to high rank if this  trend continue ?

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:33:14 PM

Like almost all newbies right now. It's a pain that you have to actually look at their post history now, because they might just be trying to post 1 good quality post, get their merit, and go back to their shitty spamming ways as soon as they can get enrolled on a campaign.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: