Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:56:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Milestones and Deliverables  (Read 155 times)
heritage35 (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:54:32 PM

Every ICO or project in the crypto space has its milestones, that is, checkpoints that signify achievements made or to be made, as well as deliverables, which are the actually outcomes of the project, which signifies its ultimate success.
It is quite unfortunate that we still have projects in the crypto space that give milestones that are not achievable. This act most times gives the impression of the project being scam.
Developers have to come to a point where, they should be realistic and only state what they can achieve or are able to do.
Some ICOs have folded up today, not because they are outright scams, but because their goals and aspirations are unachievable, which makes them to have zero deliveries.
Developers should be realistic, by giving us good projects with tangible deliverables.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:32:45 PM

Nowadays more than a half of the market such ICO projects have the unattainable tasks. In my opinion creators should better be the realists and with the ready working product, and only after that they may be the trustworthy ones.
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:38:31 PM

Every ICO or project in the crypto space has its milestones, that is, checkpoints that signify achievements made or to be made, as well as deliverables, which are the actually outcomes of the project, which signifies its ultimate success.
It is quite unfortunate that we still have projects in the crypto space that give milestones that are not achievable. This act most times gives the impression of the project being scam.
Developers have to come to a point where, they should be realistic and only state what they can achieve or are able to do.
Some ICOs have folded up today, not because they are outright scams, but because their goals and aspirations are unachievable, which makes them to have zero deliveries.
Developers should be realistic, by giving us good projects with tangible deliverables.

there are about 80% icos which will not act according to their roadmap. i have seen this myself that in the whitepaper they made the promises to just raise the money and after that they don't bother to answer the investors. these projects will be dead soon

AltcoinsBattle

Activity: 537
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:46:09 PM

People are trying. This is already good. Once it seemed unreal to launch a blockchain or create an extensive structure of smart contracts. Now this is reality. It should be borne in mind that many crypto projects need the functioning of other crypto projects.
Of course, scammers use complexity for their own purposes. But the scam is problem of  whole crypto.

Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:47:51 PM

Objectives should all be a little overpriced. What would you have to strive to achieve them.

bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:04:39 PM

ICO came up to make new developments and try to do something new. Therefore, I believe that ICO with new and unattainable goals create the future and in some cases give the result.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:08:54 PM

You are very right and i think delivering on roadmap, time schedules and targets puts very positive effect on the community and investors and it reflects in the increasing value of the coin as well but unfortunately at the moment we see that most of the projects are failing to perform according to the roadmap.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 439

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:10:28 PM

I agree that not achieving milestones doesn't really good in every project. It really gives some impression that they are scam. However, based on my experience working at corporate world, there are a lot of circumstances that can make the project not hit their milestones like they found some bugs in the system or people moving out/in the projects.

Again, i'm not blaming developers here, there might be real events that hampers the development of a certain projects. I'm sure that majority of them are setting up realistic goals but there are certain things beyond our control.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:23:41 PM

This is a problem that each developer needs to address, there is nothing wrong with aiming very high but they need to understand that the chances of success become very limited if they do that, I prefer to invest in a coin that has more limited goals but that are reachable in a reasonable amount of time, such project may not be as revolutionary as bitcoin was back in the day but at least it will work which is more than what many coins can say.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:30:53 PM

Nowadays more than a half of the market such ICO projects have the unattainable tasks. In my opinion creators should better be the realists and with the ready working product, and only after that they may be the trustworthy ones.

So if you want to invest on any ICO project you need to do more research about the project and confirm the legitimacy of the team for sure first. Then if you want to get the tokens please look around best project and get the profit.

Bounty campaign means you need to check the manager who is managing the bounty. That is the perfect way to choose the campaign.
LiteNight

Activity: 378
Merit: 30

♠☠♠

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:39:14 PM

Any requirement must be justified! The amount of money does not matter! Maybe they are worth a billion. Why not? The problem is that they can not justify why they need $ 28,000,000. This is an example. Someone 50 asks! You would have seen their faces! As if their photos were cut out of the column "They are wanted by the police".

▬▬▬▬ Биoничecкиe pyки пo дeшeвкe ✭✭✭✭███████      \""""""""""""""\      ❰●☠●❱\        GALAGA     Star Wars     /✭_     ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█ _Кyдa paзгpyжaть?___             
▬▬▬▬ Ключ  ................ - ◆═╦╗       ✭✭✭✭███████          \ ████████\        █☠☠☠● ▬      ❱❱❱    ❱❱❱               ▬ ✭    ███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Этo флaг CШA! Уpa!)))         ███████████▌             \░░░░░░░░\    ❰●☠●❱/                                           ✭  \     ▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@) (@ )
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:04:36 PM

ICO projects should look attractive to most investors so it is necessary for them give the higher claims than they could implement. We all should understand that the most investors are not familiar even with basics of economy and they could not evaluate the realism of project's milestones.
Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:36:35 PM

I would not mind invest in a project with a clear, precise, simple and achievable goals, than invest into that which would bring up complex goals that will be difficult to achieve. Although, some developers bring up complex goals in order to quickly attract investors that would not mind searching intensively into a project.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:40:14 PM

And most of them are being killed by the trading industry.
Traders who are pushing the ICO starters to enlist the token into a known trading site like Binance.
Suddenly, its value is being played out there until it becomes almost like a dust.
This does not even connect with the project they are aiming for.
But because of whales who are trying to make a profit out of the token only it is being left by other investors not knowing they are already killing the project too.
Sad but true right?
Foxgtx

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:04:12 PM

Nowadays more than a half of the market such ICO projects have the unattainable tasks..
about 75-85% icos which will not act according to their roadmap. these projects will be dead soon
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:30:56 PM

Measuring the standard of two different projects i participated in. They both have good milestones. Their goals are definitely going to transform the world in entire, but i noticed that one was giving more updates more regularly than the other. Then, after studying the two projects carefully, i discovered that the one giving regular update was achieving its goal easily, Although, the penultimate goal is still being work on. While the other is achieving the goals, but in a slow form, which exceeds the time frame stated on the whitepaper.
So, judging by the pace of a project might not be justifiable.
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:39:49 PM

You can still even see some coins which do have high value but I don't even see on whats their true use.They are gaining value because of the hype and demand of community but if we do see thoroughly theres no real benefit or innovation.This is the most important thing that you must do on where when you do tend out to make an investment then always stick to those projected plans that way to realistic compared to unrealistic ones.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1327

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:42:46 PM

ICO projects should look attractive to most investors so it is necessary for them give the higher claims than they could implement. We all should understand that the most investors are not familiar even with basics of economy and they could not evaluate the realism of project's milestones.
I am not sure that you actually get how serious what you are saying actually is, an ico that in purpose misrepresents what they can achieve in order to attract more investors is committing fraud, and I am not an expert on international law but I'm sure that is illegal in every single country around the world, so an ico doing that is leaving the door open for a lot of legal problems.

temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 11:22:04 PM

You are right OP, because whenever i want to invest into any project, i am always concerned abiut the  roadmap, because that will serve as indicator for every step taken.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 05:54:42 PM

I think milestones are most equilvalent to roadmap and when it comes to deliverables it means that has the project been able to deliver on the basis of their roadmap ?
if yes, then we can look towards their advancement or developmental goals on the roadmap

It highlights how good or worse a project would be
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: