Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:46:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of ICO?  (Read 1451 times)
67semih

Activity: 630
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 08:29:04 PM

Firstly you should know that ico is a working project or not. And then look for the team members. If you trust them you can investigate. Good luck for icos and all your investments..
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arkawa040

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 08:54:07 PM

As there are hundreds of new ICO's every week but unfortunately most of them are scams atleast more than 30% of new ICO's are scam and if things go like this then people will lose trust on ICO. Kindly help me with your suggestions about filtering scammers.
not only in ICO there are a lot of scammers but also in real life, for example, how many people invested in pyramids or banks that then disappeared in vain, unfortunately everything is so arranged in the world, and how to determine where fraud and where reality is necessary only for you, do not believe in gold mountains, and carefully read the white paper, and then you can distinguish the fraudster from a good investment
DoctorX
Copper Member

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:12:52 PM

I think already a very large number of investors have lost confidence and interest in ICO projects. If the situation does not change in the near future, restoring the ICO market will be very difficult.

░█▄░█░▄▀▀▄░█▀▀▄░█▀▀░█░█░ █▀░░░░░░    WORKING ECOSYSTEM FOR MASTERNODES    ░░░░░▀█
░█▀▄█░█░░█░█░░█░█▄▄░░█░░ █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░   SEE HOW IT WORKS  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░▀█░▀▄▄▀░█▄▄▀░█▄▄░█░█░ █▄░░░  HOSTING | WALLET | EXCHANGE | NEWS | STATISTIC ░░░▄█
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 09:15:08 PM

As there are hundreds of new ICO's every week but unfortunately most of them are scams atleast more than 30% of new ICO's are scam and if things go like this then people will lose trust on ICO. Kindly help me with your suggestions about filtering scammers.

Maybe not that percentage of scams, those who wants just to run away with your funds, but a lot. I truly believe they will sooner or later pay their price, it is not hard to find out who has collected the money and where they went. However, you are not likely to receive them anyway.
I would say the most project are just worthless or doing a project with no hope for the success. Would they ever ever put their funds into that, I really doubt so.

The market will be more regulated and the entry level will be higher, where you need to spend some for legal documents before you are even allowed to collect any. Otherwise, you will face all the rigour of the law. I could be wrong, but that's how I currently see it and who knows how long it may take.
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:19:03 PM

That's right, the average ICO in this year I think a lot of scams make me not sure about the existing ICO project, so if you want to invest, I suggest choosing carefully whether the project is real or fake, because the ICO website is like icorating or icobenc they always approve and display the project, but that does not guarantee the project is real
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:22:26 PM

As bearish as 2018 is, ICO are still coming out rasing funds and been successful. I have participated in many ICO this year alone with different level of success. I still future is still promising, change is the only constant thing in life!
Jackolantern

Activity: 321

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:25:39 PM

I think that the future of ICO can't be predicted but you should be ready to take risks anytime. there is no a guarantee that everything will be fine. however, the ico projects can be very successful

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:28:07 PM

You should be very careful about your choises. Reading a lot helps, research the product, try to find good working product with low market cap.

Also invest funds you can afford and invest money you dont need in short term

Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 09:28:12 PM

No doubt about it, as so many people have lost hope in investing money in ICO or crypto currency related business.  Although despite the fact that many of them doesn't have good intention from day one there are still good once among them that one can trust, but very few of them at the moment. One should have it at the back of his or her mind that the current decline trends in is the major determination factors that affects the values of most tokens.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:32:46 PM

That is not an easy job.
Filtering them all will spend a lot of hours and what will you get from it?
I suggest you go to Meta section and do list those who are already found as ICO scam. That way you are already preventing the larger risk.
Then pick 2 of tge following ICO and try to go deep getring information about them.
Everyone can recommend one ICO but it is still unsure about legality and legitimacy.
BitBloq

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:34:13 PM

We think the future of ICOs aren't in jeapordy, I've seen a lot of discussion on here about that fact. Because they are such a good way to raise money and a great way to market your brand, I think companies will continue using the ICO format. Although funding for projects within our industry has gotten easier and some companies don't even end up needing ICOs, we plan on going with the ICO format.

Stay Tuned  Smiley

-BitBloq Team
Sayma83

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

Iqcash

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:03:51 PM

I think currently most ICO scaming. Because most people are scammer online. So we need to always be vigilant. Please wait. I hope ICO will show good results in the future. However, ICO will soon be managed to avoid scaming and it will be through Blockcheiner.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:05:48 PM

It seems to me that very soon new services will start to rise, which all the same will check projects, before placing these projects at home, so I think that people will have sympathy for such projects and services.
oktana

Activity: 1568
Merit: 280

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 01:15:17 PM

It is very difficult to choose which ICO is not a scam at the beginning we chose the project because indeed with a lot of very good choices we are confused about it all especially almost all ICOs have very good sales concepts, if my advice is better to follow Softcap pass the ICO from the seller because there is a possibility that the project will continue to grow if the funds they target are achieved and don't forget to check the website and the telegram group immediately asks about the progress of the project if the admin is eligible to explain it so it can be ascertained that the project is not a scam.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:15:42 PM

That's right, the average ICO in this year I think a lot of scams make me not sure about the existing ICO project, so if you want to invest, I suggest choosing carefully whether the project is real or fake, because the ICO website is like icorating or icobenc they always approve and display the project, but that does not guarantee the project is real

Obviously the future of ICO looks scary as most of them are scammers. Go with the existing one and check their previous projects also there are lot of good ICO's as well. Most of the investors are not interested these days to invest in ICO's. The only reason is they lose trust in ICO's.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:23:17 PM

I think ICO will always be there especially if this industry still promises big money. yes, that is the fact. but overall there are lots of ico that are really bad and just want to make money fast as you say. so, that's why knowledge and experience play an important role.
Kiroyd

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:25:06 PM

The future can be very different. Everything depends on cryptocurrency cost. If it is high then projects will have a good future.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Winto

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 01:32:11 PM
Merited by nightyj (1)

ICO's are here to stay, they just need to evolve and will become one of the best vehicles for developers. However the returns generated back in 2017 were just insane and many people who "Got Wealthy" no longer see 20-30x as a decent ROI or are willing to wait/hold for 12 months or longer. I personally still invest in ICO's as there are many great projects, but you need to do a proper due diligence rather than gamble your money away.

Here is how I do it in 5 steps (this is part of an article I wrote recently, but haven't published it yet, so it's an original content):

1. Real Use Case

With  the  enormous  amount  of  value  exchanging  hands  over  the  blockchain  and  the  prospect  of  getting  
"free" money, it's not hard to imagine why many scammers, online money makers and existing companies
try to identify any possible reason to launch an ICO campaign.

The first thing you try to find is a legitimate reason for having a token. Meaning if what they claim their
token will do can be done without it, the future isn’t bright. Even with the best marketing during the ICO,
after the sale is over useless tokens are simply useless.

2. Token Distribution

Is  the  number  of  tokens  offered  to  the  public  more  than  51%  of  the  total  amount  generated?  Is  there  a  
maximum one can invest? If not, this isn’t a decentralized token economy. It means that the founders or
few whales hold the biggest bags of coins/tokens and can easily manipulate the price.

This is how most Pump ‘N Dumps are happening and trust me it is very frustrating If you have some of
those tokens and patiently waited for the end of the ICO hoping to make some profit. When the founders
are associated with whales the last thing they do is protect regular investor’s interests.

3. Use of Funds

Do they describe how the funds will be used in detail? I haven’t seen an ICO aiming for less than few million
dollars and dare to believe that even teams behind the most successful campaigns are great marketers,
but not very experienced in finance management and business execution.

So, besides the use of funds section in the white paper you should check the team (not the advisors) for
someone with finance background as well as someone with experience in the field the project is focusing
after the ICO ends.

4. Price Appreciation

Even if you analyzed everything the project has experienced team, real use case for their token and shows
what they will do with your money there is one thing that is probably the most important from investors
point of view. What will drive a price appreciation?

The price always depends on demand and supply. So first you should look at the total supply (if any) - the
lesser the better. Although in most cases this is based on assumptions you need to check on the token
circulation or how many tokens will be used in the ecosystem if the project succeeds.

5. Liquidity

Of course, like with any other asset the one factor as important as the value is liquidity. If the token is al-
ready being utilized major exchanges will certainly accept it. Once exposed to millions of crypto traders its
price will significantly increase and you can sell it in few seconds.

It is better to hold a token for 12-18 months until it is utilized and get listed on major exchanges with big
trading volume, rather than buy a token that will get listed on “Micky Mouse” exchange right after the end
of the ICO with no demand for it.

I hope it helps and good luck with your investment.

Winto.io | Private Sale at $0.01
Global Charity Related Project
Transparent & Accountable Team
funex

Activity: 573

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 01:37:07 PM

I think if nothing is done about the rate of scam in ICO, it wont take long when people will stop participating in ICO. But lets hope the projects like ICOVO which has come out with modalities to  manage ICO for startups succeeds, then the rate of fraud and scam in ICO will reduce and trust will return to ICO investments.

Oikos◆   |  Decentralized Finance on Tron
https://oikos.cash/
roy12875

Activity: 127

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:41:26 PM

I think many people afraid to invest in the ICO, FUD, SCAM and fail ICO everyday, I have the experience invested the fail ICO before, even the ICO is not successful finally, I still have not received my fund after 6 months, and the team is disappearing now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: