Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:16:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How She ROI’d Her Mining Rig in 8 Weeks in a Bear Market  (Read 751 times)
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:29:25 PM

Well I actually ROI'd a GPU in less than 6 hours when the ZEC launches back in Nov 2016.

Back then the price was crazy high on Poloniex, basically one ZEC was worth more than one BTC and if you were on an actual pool that paid you could of been one of the first few deposits and made crazy gains for almost no work.

The issue with this is that we don't see these gains everyday. It was basically pure luck and it won't help you out in the future.

Haha I did same.  I had 30 x 6 card machines at the time and hit zec as soon as it went live and sold it as soon as it hit my account.  Man those were the days...,  People were FOMO hard on Zec - Supply and Demand baby, it's a beautiful thing.
I also remember those days, but I happened to be unlucky and couldn’t find a working pool that processed withdrawals in time as a lot of pools either delayed withdrawals or didn’t let you withdraw immediately at all, so I didn’t make nearly as much as you guys did. Still broke even after a while on a six card rig, which was the only GPU rig I had back then. A bit better than the gambling some people do today with mining an extremely low difficulty coin and hoping it goes up in the future, but such a situation likely won’t ever happen again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:07:44 PM

Well I actually ROI'd a GPU in less than 6 hours when the ZEC launches back in Nov 2016. ..
Haha I did same. ....
I also remember those days, but I happened to be unlucky and couldn’t find a working pool that processed withdrawals in time as a lot of pools either delayed withdrawals or didn’t let you withdraw immediately at all, so I didn’t make nearly as much as you guys did. Still broke even after a while on a six card rig, which was the only GPU rig I had back then. A bit better than the gambling some people do today with mining an extremely low difficulty coin and hoping it goes up in the future, but such a situation likely won’t ever happen again.

That's the second moment for me, the first one is PayCoin (XPY) in 2015, has everyone remember this moment? I'm still using Antminer S1, S2, S3 and some of Dragon miners. Did you all remember about GAW?

Wow - so what is the special coin that everyone is mining? 

I'm seeing 1 Gh/s on Nicehash / Westhash go for almost 1 BTC (per 24 hrs) -- while normally it is 1/5 the price.

At ZEC's moment, I was starting from Testnet (that's funny) On the Testnet I just using CPU mining, I use GPUs when the genesis block launched. This is one of the best moment we have.  Cool
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:17:04 PM

Well I actually ROI'd a GPU in less than 6 hours when the ZEC launches back in Nov 2016.

Back then the price was crazy high on Poloniex, basically one ZEC was worth more than one BTC and if you were on an actual pool that paid you could of been one of the first few deposits and made crazy gains for almost no work.

The issue with this is that we don't see these gains everyday. It was basically pure luck and it won't help you out in the future.

Haha I did same.  I had 30 x 6 card machines at the time and hit zec as soon as it went live and sold it as soon as it hit my account.  Man those were the days...,  People were FOMO hard on Zec - Supply and Demand baby, it's a beautiful thing.

It was pure luck. There were many pools but only 2 of them actually paid out a few hours after the blocks matured. I think suprnova was one of them.

However you had to use the regular address, I think it started with a "t" instead of the privacy address "z" to get paid. So even if you were on the right pool, the payouts to "z" address were delayed by a few DAYS since the ZEC launch had issues processing those transactions with those addresses and pools stopped sending out any payouts.

The ZEC launch was madness. I remember all those "ZEC Cloud mining" services that popped up and most of them became very bad investments to whomever bought a contract.

Crazy to believe it was almost 2 years ago... time sure flies.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██