Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:56:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What about negatives of Crypto?  (Read 534 times)
Alexguma

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:57:27 AM

Some of the crypto projects seem to be scams and these have affected the performance of cryptography industry.
Another negative fact is the scam exchangers where you can lost some of your coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:02:53 AM

There is also market manipulation in crypto with pump and dump of a coin. It is a way to earn more money and quicker, but you can also lose a lot.
Many coins are used only to try to get more money. You can't use them in real life for the moment. The blockchain can sometimes be very slow.
Exchanges are sometimes very slow or buggy. And sometimes you need to write letter by letter an address to be able to send your coin to an exchange. It is not user friendly.
Some exchanges let you trade coins which are not real blockchain but are only on their exchange. They don't let you send the coin to another place.
Some people are going to try to scam your money by promising you more profits.
You have to experience it to know everything. After experiencing it, you will be more careful.
NikaGeraGod

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:17:01 AM

More than $10.5B worth of BTC, $3.8B worth of ETH and $2.9B worth of XRP were exchanged in the BTC/USD market.

This is maybe because of few things that happened in few days which caused fear in Investors of losing their investment.

Some individuals have been left with their empty wallets due to malicious websites that provide users with a wallet seed generator. Recently, many users reported having their funds (an estimated $4 million) in their IOTA wallets stolen from an unknown source.
South Korean Exchange Korbit Stops Serving International Citizens
Bitconnect Shuts Down Its Exchange and Lending Platform. The company has widely been accused of operating a Ponzi scheme and was recently rocked by cease and desist notices in two US states.
Yesterday, in an interview recorded at New York’s National Retail Federation conference, Alfred Kelly, Visa's CEO, was pressed for his thoughts on Bitcoin and said:
“I don’t view it [Bitcoin] as payment system player. We at Visa won’t process transactions that are cryptocurrency-based. We will only process fiat currency-based transactions.”

An unidentified thief has reportedly stolen more than $400,000 in Stellar lumens after hacking the digital wallet provider BlackWallet. According to cybersecurity researcher Kevin Beaumont, the attacker hijacked BlackWallet’s domain name system (DNS) server over the weekend, adding a piece of code which transferred any deposits of 20 or more lumens into another wallet.
Adebits

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:18:15 AM

Uncertainty or volatility is one of the disadvantages of cryptocurrencies. Since Cryptos are new concept of money, they are highly volatile. And this volatility is one of the main reasons hindering mass adoption of cryptocurrencies. Businesses are reluctant to deal with a form of money that can go in huge swing of volatility at any time.

Another disadvantage of cryptocurrencies is that it is irreversible, if you mistakenly pay someone with crypto, there is no way you can get the money refunded without telling the person to please send it back to you which he may decide not to refund you.
anafiene

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:19:54 AM

There are many things that make Crypto underestimated by the many frauds that occur, the value that has never been stable tends to decrease so many are disappointed. So in the world of crypto must have a mentality that will be able to deal with the risks that occur.

ShowOffoN

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:35:33 AM

Is there anything in this world that does  not have negatives (cons)? Of course there will always be negative aspects in crypto, volatility being one if you are into trading. You have to constantly monitor the price so you will know when to buy or sell. It's just like that but if you focus on the negatives, then everything in your mind will be negative too.
Rhshahindiana

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:41:30 AM

Yes there are negatives too, its a non regulated market, where some coins can go very high and some can become 0 in no time, and there would be none to be blamed if any project fails or Scams in ICO. Also while transferring coins or tokens, if there is any mistake commited those cannot transaction cannot be reversed.

skovbitcoin

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:54:43 AM

Everybody says, Crypto is the future and we must believe in it. Apart from losses due to hacking and vulnerability, do you think there are any other negatives of this market?

It just intrigues me since, anything that is projected as 'only good' seems, too good to be true. Or I am just overwhelmed?
Many years ago, the Crypto currency was created with one goal - to make the transactions anonymous, that is, to make it impossible to trace who and to whom transfers the money. I think that this is a minus, because the fraudster in this environment remain unpunished
Corer

Activity: 210

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:03:15 AM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

Not many online stores and companies accept cryptocurrency as a means of payment. Only few countries have legalized the use of cryptocurrencies. It makes it impractical for everyday transactions. Due to lack of wide acceptance, before buying or investing online or offline, you need to make sure that it is accepted at the place you want to use it.

Although it is slowly getting the acceptance around the world, it will take time to take the idea entirely out of the shadows. While popular cryptocurrency such as bitcoin is currently being used in different ways, there is still a long way to go for it to be used for commerce, international bank transfers as well as electronic payments.

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━[/center
CreamIce (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:21:46 AM

The main feature of cryptocurrency is independence. Crypto provides some kind of economy freedom. No more banks setting the rules and controlling the money, no more powerful people who decide what is going to happen. With crypto people who using it are setting the rules. Finansical anarchy. And this feature is might be really helpful in some cases. I don't mean criminal acts like buying guns or drugs or doing other bad stuff. I mean that sometimes a really bad things might happen and you may need to buy something fully anonimously. If you are in some political trouble for example and want to get away from your county and danger it provides to you. And independence of cryptocurrencies will help you with that.

But we see a lot of regulations coming up to control this currency. You think regulations will keep a check on illegitimate trading? Some say it sounds promising since it will build confidence in the market but some are against it because it will eventually fall under control. What do you think must be the approach?
waser12

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 06:35:01 AM

About negative effects of cryptocurrencies you can ask SEC. There are some problems like scam ICOs, speculations and manipulations, hackers attacks.

KirunBarber

Activity: 567

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:45:42 AM

Negative side of the cripto world for now, there are many scam ICO projects, there looks like fraud under the guise of investors. It is very sad that this happened, because it will cause a deterrent effect on investors. I hope there will be policies from various parties regarding the more stringent ICO laden. this is to avoid / reduce the number of scams in the future. Huh

▄▄▄        2LOCAL       |   Sustainability and Prosperity   ▄▄▄
||███      (((  SERNVI SES  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN OUR "Initial Exchange Offering"(IEO)   ███ ▌       ███||
|   WEB SITE  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram   |
payjoe93

Activity: 499
Merit: 268

PAYJOE93 DESIGN SERVICE

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 07:28:48 AM

IMO crypto always be negative if there no official regulations.. after all, most of crypto volume is in exchange. And we all know, lately there a news about hack of exchange, make crypto seen negativly.

I believe the future of crypto, but i do not to much believe it.. as i know crypto still have some deficiency each part like security, stable price, fee, and more..

Just Stay Tune Buddy, i believe, one day crypto will be "real good" in future.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Bunk67

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:32:21 AM

The major negative thing to me in crypto is to scam project is being given me concern and am disturb about it because no how to stop this .

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:43:58 AM

Everybody says, Crypto is the future and we must believe in it. Apart from losses due to hacking and vulnerability, do you think there are any other negatives of this market?

It just intrigues me since, anything that is projected as 'only good' seems, too good to be true. Or I am just overwhelmed?

Add to that the scams perpetrated thru fake ICO's and airdrops. Also the ongoing bans by some governments and some platforms like facebook and google.
Thyaga

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:44:49 AM

Crypto is full of lies and deceit, everyone wants to get money instantly.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:00:09 AM

A perfect economic system will never be built, it is a utopia))) Guys, crypto has lots of negatives, but they are easier to be dealt with than the current ones)

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:06:15 AM

There are many as you cant find anything in the world that only is good and hasnt negatives ,crypto negatives many scams and scamers who want free money,big exchanges make milions just for coin/token listings and etc.  but in general there are much more good than bad in crypto.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

Andruha1993

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 08:18:45 AM

There are a lot of positive examples in crypto, but unfortunately there are also disadvantages. For example, an unstable market. He sometimes upsets me very much.
devinks

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:50:03 AM

The major negative thing to me in crypto is to scam project is being given me concern and am disturb about it because no how to stop this .
of course before we join the project it would be nice to find information and eliminate it so that we know whether the project is a scam or not. choose what we think is promising and good for us, but it all depends on our luck.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: