Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:22:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CHANGELLY - Illegal exchanger from RUSSIA with FAKE team  (Read 4889 times)
quartzz

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:37:13 AM

I meant, you had people hunting down Mark Karpelès like these guys from the US or London all the way to Japan.
https://youtu.be/VqgOsBeON0o?t=532

So buying an ad on a forum is not much in comparison,  I don't understand why people are surprised by it (granting he's saying the truth).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ni23457 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 77

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:56:54 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2018, 11:08:19 AM by ni23457

I meant, you had people hunting down Mark Karpelès like these guys from the US or London all the way to Japan.
https://youtu.be/VqgOsBeON0o?t=532

So buying an ad on a forum is not much in comparison,  I don't understand why people are surprised by it (granting he's saying the truth).

If somebody had stolen my money, I would probably seek to get revenge and writing such post is an option. I'm not shocked he bought an add and try to make bad buzz.

Are you sure by the way it's an illegal business in Russia ? I know other spb based companies like these...

We can only handle the facts and statements of official ministries

2)
I'm sure that all their customers risk money.
Why do these people pretend and change their names? In Russia, cryptocurrencies do not have a legal status. There is no legislation about this.

Moreover, the authorities's official attitude to cryptocurrencies is extremely ambiguous. Some authorities call for everything to be legitimized. Others require strict punishment of people employed in the crypto business.

A letter from the Central Bank of Russia on the use of private "virtual currencies" (crypto currency)
https://www.cbr.ru/press/pr/?file=04092017_183512if2017-09-04T18_31_05.htm
Crypto-currencies are issued by an unlimited circle of anonymous entities. Due to the anonymous nature of the issuance of crypto-currency, citizens and legal entities may be involved in illegal activities, including legalization (laundering) of proceeds from crime and financing of terrorism.

A letter from Russian Federal Tax Service
http://docs.cntd.ru/document/456022863
In accordance with the information message of Rosfinmonitoring posted on the official website of www.fedsfm.ru, the use of crypto-currencies in transactions is the basis for considering the issue of classifying such transactions (transactions) as transactions (operations) aimed at legalization (laundering) of proceeds received by a criminal way, and the financing of terrorism.

Due to the lack of legislative and judicial practice, the work of cryptoexchange can be attributed to illegal banking. This will depend solely on the considerations of the state investigator or prosecutor. It is worth noting that the application and interpretation of laws in Russia is extremely floating and unstable.

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/3401649
The Russian Interior Ministry reported on the detention of three people in Kostroma Oblast, who, as stated in the department, "carried out illegal banking activities by using one of the international payment systems and a site for the exchange of bitcoins." They are charged under part 2 of Article 172 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (illegal banking activities committed by an organized group), the maximum penalty for it is seven years of imprisonment.

Therefore, it is somewhat dangerous to engage in crypto business in Russia. At a time when your transaction has been delayed for some reason, people in masks can break into the exchanger's office and your money will likely become material evidence for years to come.

You can never be sure that these masked people will not come to them because of illegal banking activities or non-payment of taxes.

Apneal

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:09:08 PM

As far as I know, in Russia, cryptocurrency is not legalized, in addition, it is planned to levy taxes. Perhaps this is why the team made this decision.
This does not deny the fact that at any moment it can stop exchanges and close.

thanks for the information
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 06:20:07 PM

Glad to hear its over. And OP is again with funds in the hands.
Make sure all you avoid this services because u might fall in to this trap like OP did.

Good luck all
Ohgreatanotherone

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:36:01 PM

Must confess that I've never been as vested in any thread on BTT has I've been with this one. Was under the impression that the "community" aspect of the forum was long gone and nobody in crypto will lift a finger if the lifting ain't incentivized. Was completely astounded when I realized OP paid for thread, then went "Oh, well, it's their crypto". Then I got the message about OP's appreciation. Apparently, chivalry's not dead and we all now have a standard to strive to attain to.

killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 06:33:55 AM

All this information gathered in one place provides very good information about both teams and their sannanigans. What the exchange did was ultra shady changing the rules like that and withholding funds...

We all need to be careful in crypto guys! Every step of the way
nur1labs

Activity: 868
Merit: 250

Founder Nur1Labs

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 04:52:50 PM

thank for OP almost used this for big transaction.....bad service. very thank save us from scammer~

==MuBdI BlockStream Platform - Future Blockchain Platform==
==Open Hire Developer Using Our Services==
aria.newman

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 09:42:11 AM

Is this exchanger alive? My friend sends me a referral link, as well as this review https://cryptogeek.info/en/exchanges/changelly, and tells me to register using his link if it's not difficult for me.
All reviews are too positive, I feel a catch.
nur1labs

Activity: 868
Merit: 250

Founder Nur1Labs

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2020, 03:51:08 AM

Is this exchanger alive? My friend sends me a referral link, as well as this review https://cryptogeek.info/en/exchanges/changelly, and tells me to register using his link if it's not difficult for me.
All reviews are too positive, I feel a catch.

this cause the reviewer is their team. easy to make that. that web need filter ip lol

==MuBdI BlockStream Platform - Future Blockchain Platform==
==Open Hire Developer Using Our Services==
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: